Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

He's not a good cold weather QB.... But Flutie also didn't have a ton of GCs. Those Stamps teams were largely a disappointment when it came to winning the whole thing. Collaros might not be a video game cheat code like Flutie in 96, but he's a winner, period....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He's not a good cold weather QB......

Like everyone else I love and appreciate ZC8 but if I'm being honest my only 2 concerns for this game are Zach being off and Buck trying more fancy-pants nonsense with Prukop at a critical juncture.

That play call inside the 5 in the 4th against BC just made me wince.

I guess Castillo makes me a bit nervous of late, too.

But then I remember the D and the opposing qb and I smile and sigh.   

Edited by Deiter Fan

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

These are some interesting numbers.  However, all that most people will remember is that Zach and the Bombers have won 3 Cups so far.

The University of Toronto has won the same number of Grey Cups as the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Please stop calling the Saskatchewan Roughriders a professional football team. 

I wouldn't be concerned about your chances in general, as it is unlikely that one team can be so fortunate as to have two teams utterly meltdown to their benefit in back to back Championship games.

But more specifically I wouldn't be bothered over the "not a cold weather QB" stuff. At least not for Sunday where it's basically going to be perfect weather.

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

I am going to put my credibility on the line with a couple of predictions:

1. Bombers will win 28-10 despite their offence not blowing the doors off Montreal's defence. Collaros will play well, but not at an all-star level due to a cautious game plan by Buck.

2. Fajardo will not only look bad, but I do not think he will finish the game. From the way he moves and throws, he looks like he is being held together by duct tape.

I've revised my prediction post Awards night snubs:

Bombers win 58-3 (2 missed converts & 2 safeties.  There will be no field goals)

Half time score:  Bombers 37 to -2

Book it.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The Alouettes are the 1997 Saskatchewan Roughriders, 2011 Bombers, 2013 Ticats, etc..

**** AGS. The given Sunday (Saturday) was last week. The Lemonator and Fat Ben Sankey can suck an egg. I’m so tired of hearing about those guys. 

Ben Sankey catching strays. 

You mean fat Darnell Sankey. Who got beat to the sidelines and down the length of the field by speed demon  6’5 260 lb QB Tommy Stevens running a short yardage play.  Maybe the most embarrassing play in CFL history. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

You mean fat Darnell Sankey. Who got beat to the sidelines and down the length of the field by speed demon  6’5 260 lb QB Tommy Stevens running a short yardage play.  Maybe the most embarrassing play in CFL history. 

He’s Second Ben Sankey now. My mind went back 15 years somehow lol. 
But yes, that play was  what I was referencing. I’d love to see Demski get a matchup or 2 on that guy. 

2 hours ago, bluto said:

I wouldn't be concerned about your chances in general, as it is unlikely that one team can be so fortunate as to have two teams utterly meltdown to their benefit in back to back Championship games.

But more specifically I wouldn't be bothered over the "not a cold weather QB" stuff. At least not for Sunday where it's basically going to be perfect weather.

Post script:

Hey nice to see you. Thanks for dropping by.

Argos suck.

8 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Like everyone else I love and appreciate ZC8 but if I'm being honest my only 2 concerns for this game are Zach being off and Buck trying more fancy-pants nonsense with Prukop at a critical juncture.

That play call inside the 5 in the 4th against BC just made me wince.

I guess Castillo makes me a bit nervous of late, too.

But then I remember the D and the opposing qb and I smile and sigh.   

It's OK....If you are not nervous about worst case scenarios before a big game then you are not a true Bomber fan. I will say that most of our fears that we express turn out to be unfounded in the past few years.

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

The University of Toronto has won the same number of Grey Cups as the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Please stop calling the Saskatchewan Roughriders a professional football team. 

Meh....just another Rider fan demonstrating that they clearly have no comprehension of the game of football, and that stats are for losers.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Zac doesn't have to do much in all honesty. Just play clean ball, and the make the plays the defence gives us, lean on Brady and the OL and he will be hoisting the cup.

56 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Sankey, and I said this in the offseason when he was about to be a FA, may be the most over rated MLB of the past 10-15 years. Every time I watch him play he is making the tackle after the RB has picked up 7-8 yards. Look at the tackle numbers of the WIL beside him, over 100 every year and that's because Sankey cannot go sideline to sideline. If the Als are going to shut down BO it will be on their DL being able to close running lanes between the tackles and Beverette, and Stubblefield having the game of their lives outside the tackles. If BO gets holes there is literally nothing Sankey will be able to do about it.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Huh, the CFL machine is giving the Bombers a 55% chance of winning the Grey Cup. 

That is a very conservative number if one was to read through all the posts on this site proclaiming with a crazy amount of confidence that the Blue & Gold are going to win. 

I think its a coin flip. 2023 Als could be 2019 Bombers. I know Fajardo is a way worse QB, but Zach didn't win us that Grey Cup.

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I respect and agree with your opinion here, I just don't see how that matters in this game.  

I just dislike this persistent sentiment that we just popped up out of nowhere in 2019.

The Bombers were built over years. It wasn’t some  out of the blue playoff run. 

I don’t see the comparison  to the 2019 team. 

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Huh, the CFL machine is giving the Bombers a 55% chance of winning the Grey Cup. 

That is a very conservative number if one was to read through all the posts on this site proclaiming with a crazy amount of confidence that the Blue & Gold are going to win. 

There's a 55 percent chance either team will be poisoned by the food and water sources in Hamilton during Grey Cup week.

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

These are some interesting numbers.  However, all that most people will remember is that Zach and the Bombers have won 2 Cups so far. (and hopefully a 3rd on Sunday).

This clown trots out Zac's stats while conveniently failing to post up Flutie's. who had a few good games but also put up some real stinkers....way worse than anything Zac posted in the last 4 years. McManus remembers all too well the day he took Flutie behind the woodshed. One of the biggest upsets of all time.