East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes

MOBomberFan

10 hours ago, Booch said:

If we lose it will because ZC throws pics forcing things...we go away from.the.run...and our kick coverage allows a return TD...and we cough ball up 4 times or more...thats a lot of ifs to all occur to give them a slim chance

I see no way that Faj led offence will do anything of note against the top defense in the league...none whatsoever 

And that doesn't factor in the teams bad taste from last yr blowing it

So you’re saying roster management will be a non-factor on if we lose? 😉

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So you’re saying roster management will be a non-factor on if we lose? 😉

I've accepted the fact that we will  not put out our best roster ...again to finish out the yr...Luckily 7 out of 9 teams this yr weren't very good, and the one we are playing wasn't in the top 2

22 hours ago, bluto said:

Comprehensive defeat. Beat in all phases of play.

Imagine the Argos historic season culminating in a record home attendance and just utterly laying an egg. This one will suck to look back on for many years to come.

I only know a few Alouette fans, but just visualizing how this must be for them actually cheers me up a bit. What a road win against overwhelming odds in a hostile environment... They deserve it.

Can they pull this off 2 weeks in a row? It'll be a longshot. But then, so was yesterday.

Congrats to the East and West Champions.

Hope it's a good show next Sunday.

This cursed the Bombers for years. You'd get a few wins in a row in front of mid crowds; finally culminating against a sell out crowd in front of a top opponent...and they'd drop an egg.

Attendance immediately drops the following game. 

And you see the opposite this year. We weren't selling out games to start the year, but you build it up, get a good crowd and then get a good win and the crowd continues to build. And then we finish the year with 5 straight sell outs. 

I would say it sucks that you guys missed out on this opportunity to win over your crowd, but unfortunately it was way funnier for me to see the Argos fall flat on their faces.

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd call it a learning experience for Dinwiddie and Kelly,  I expect that next year they wont lay an egg.    

6 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Will the Argos be able to field as good as a lineup? Wont Kelly be making 400k more than this season?

This is exactly what I was thinking too… if you’re the Argo fan the concern is that Kelly failed miserably with a supremely talented team around him… next year he needs to carry this team… can he do it or will his contract become a major anchor?

Edited by bearpants

A few rumours now that Dinwiddie might get a call from Boise State depending on who they hire since they just canned their head coach.  With Boise going to some agglomeration of the PAC-12 and Mountain West soon he'd probably get paid more there to be OC or QB coach than he would to be a head coach in CFL.  Don't think he'd be a candidate to be the head coach.

56 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

A few rumours now that Dinwiddie might get a call from Boise State depending on who they hire since they just canned their head coach.  With Boise going to some agglomeration of the PAC-12 and Mountain West soon he'd probably get paid more there to be OC or QB coach than he would to be a head coach in CFL.  Don't think he'd be a candidate to be the head coach.

Alum, experience as a head coach, you don't think they'd consider him for the top job?

It was a small thing, (that's what she said) but watching Chad give up on chasing down Dequoy on that first pick 6, so early in the game made me feel there was trouble brewing for Chad and the 'best ever' Argos. Something about that visual (TSN tried to crop him out on the replays) of Chad deciding he was done looked so demoralizing. I know qbs shouldn't really be relied upon to make that tackle but at least run out of bounds or somehow get outta frame and avoid getting POSTERIZED 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

It was a small thing, (that's what she said) but watching Chad give up on chasing down Dequoy on that first pick 6, so early in the game made me feel there was trouble brewing for Chad and the 'best ever' Argos. Something about that visual (TSN tried to crop him out on the replays) of Chad deciding he was done looked so demoralizing. I know qbs shouldn't really be relied upon to make that tackle but at least run out of bounds or somehow get outta frame and avoid getting POSTERIZED 

he gave up pretty quick for sure...and after the second pick...literally looked stunned and zoned right out in shock

You guys are knit picking here.

I totally let Choke Kelly off the hook on that one- i for one would never want nor expect to see Zach running down a defensive player on a pick... Dude's role is to pilot the offense and sling the rock... not chasing down and tackling an opponent. 

I for one would screaming "No, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!" LOL

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

9 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I totally let Choke Kelly off the hook on that one- i for one would never want nor expect to see Zach running down a defensive player on a pick... Dude's role is to pilot the offense and sling the rock... not chasing down and tackling an opponent. 

The Vaj who played with heart says otherwise on a last 30 second pick tracking down Holm

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No way, we aren't talking about him taking on blockers here, just jog the play out

1 hour ago, Booch said:

The Vaj who played with heart says otherwise on a last 30 second pick tracking down Holm

Ok, so if that was Zach in the same situation as Choke, you'd be ok with Zach trying to tackle Dequoy or say if it was someone else... maybe Awe? 

Yeah, no, heart of not- the smart thing for the qb is to let it go.

34 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

No way, we aren't talking about him taking on blockers here, just jog the play out

Ok, sure- i can get behind that.

I'd still rather Zach just let it go, keep that head on a swivel and not risk a tourist hit. 

14 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Ok, so if that was Zach in the same situation as Choke, you'd be ok with Zach trying to tackle Dequoy or say if it was someone else... maybe Awe? 

I'd still rather Zach just let it go, keep that head on a swivel and not risk a tourist hit. 

Zack would put in an effort...A Strev would literally run his ass down....so yeah...I would want to see my guy make an effort....as would anyone on the team want to see their leader make an effort....If your leader gives up...what does that tell your squad??...I'm talking from a place of experience and playing at a high stakes level...not as a delusional fan

16 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

there were no tourists in that situation....none