GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions

MOBomberFan

Any talk about Lions for league awards should come down to them flat out not even being able to compete in 3 of 5 games this season vs Winnipeg and Toronto ending up 1-4 in those 5 games.

A team that is exceptionally not elite and doesn’t show for the big games.

Best thing for us this season was losing to those phonies and having them celebrate like they won the Cup in Week 3 on our field.  They didn’t beat a team with a +.500 record after that.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Any talk about Lions for league awards should come down to them flat out not even being able to compete in 3 of 5 games this season vs Winnipeg and Toronto ending up 1-4 in those 5 games.

A team that is exceptionally not elite and doesn’t show for the big games.

Best thing for us this season was losing to those phonies and having them celebrate like they won the Cup in Week 3 on our field.  They didn’t beat a team with a +.500 record after that.

They are soft arrogant douchebags. Bombers punched em in the mouth early and basically killed their desire to be in that game. They talked a good game about preparing for the crowd but multiple times the crowd was clearly throwing them off. Just a team completely unprepared for the kind of game it was going to be.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They are soft arrogant douchebags. Bombers punched em in the mouth early and basically killed their desire to be in that game. They talked a good game about preparing for the crowd but multiple times the crowd was clearly throwing them off. Just a team completely unprepared for the kind of game it was going to be.

As unprepared as Chad MOP?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

That's what she said.... N-e-ways....

My nerves are finally calming down from watching the game.   As long as the boys come out with a sense of urgency and without taking it easy because it is the Als then I feel good for the finals.    

they won't after losing GC last year when they could have won

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Why did we play McCrae and not Ambles.

Why didn't we sit Jackson and play Fox.

Why is Houston in over Rose.

Why did we keep Sheehan over the other punter.

Why did we have Leggio replace Castillo for this game but wear his jersey.

Isn't it ridiculous to think their are actual people on the internet who are certain they would roster the team better. Even after going to four grey cups in a row 

... it's almost like, you know, our coaches... they know what they're doing!

Comical

Also, go bombers baby

I was a fan before it was cool!!! I was a fan before it was cool!!;)

Edited by CodyT

Just for the record, it was never a matter (and still isn’t) of anything other than hoping this wasn’t going to come back and bite us in the ass. Doesn’t look like it’s going to, but I’m not going to sit here and tell you that I think that makes it good practice. 

I’ll firmly stand on my opinion that our roster isn’t optimal and leaves us vulnerable, that doesn’t mean we’re not still smashing teams when we’re operating at let’s say … 90% of what we could be. 

At the end of the day, all I want is a Grey Cup and it looks like we’ve got a great shot at another one. I hope Damian Jackson scores the game winning TD. They’re all Bombers and I’ll cheer for every single one of them.

oh yeah and I’m getting an Evan Holm jersey. He’s a dawwwwwg.

I as well am a fan and want us to win...but also stand by the comments I made and belief that we don't field our best team we could...and can be even better....but we are still winning and that's all that matters....but we could be even better...plain and simple 

I'm of the cloth u work to be better constantly and if you can upgrade anything....you do

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

3downnation adding some salt to the ice.

If you’re jealous of West Coast living, just say that. But can we please leave the low-hanging cold weather fruit on the vine the next time the Lions hit the road in the playoffs?

JC Abbott… so salty lol.  He actually wrote mostly pointing out deficiencies of BC’s team, and then for one paragraph couldn’t help himself. Some A-grade whining.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

My god is JC Abbott an annoying writer. Ok we get it, you got a thesaurus for your birthday.

”Chionophilic”? In an article about football? 

The whole article basically explains how so many BC guys didn’t show, got injured, VA wouldn’t scramble and looked out of sorts.

But no chance the weather had anything to do with it?

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The whole article basically explains how so many BC guys didn’t show, got injured, VA wouldn’t scramble and looked out of sorts.

But no chance the weather had anything to do with it?

Maybe focus on the fact VA didn't scramble cause we took it away...even after losing our defensive leader

I love how we still get so little respect and credit...but just keep continuing to keep continuing lol

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maybe focus on the fact VA didn't scramble cause we took it away...even after losing our defensive leader

I love how we still get so little respect and credit...but just keep continuing to keep continuing lol

And how they gave up the lead by not being able to avoid giving up 15 ypc on Bombers first drive and never saw the lead again.

Lions are basically where we were in 2018.  Need some changes to get over the hump and QB big part of it.

I am certain now that Biggie has an achilles issue....1 yr rehab at earliest....was that his last hurrah?....would really suck, but he is a guy who has it in him to come back....but at that age is it worth it?....He will still be a huge assett on the sideline for Grey Cup with his eyes.

That being said....There's the money to lock up Schoen for next yr, as there is always a silver lining behind any adversity....can still re-sign Biggie if we choose and park his salary all yr on the IR

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Speaking of eating crow, I’ll enjoy listening to The Waggle this week. 
BC’s year is it? Championship culture on the Argos? Hahahahahahaha

The Culture is key...and a huge thing...BUT....big but....It has being implemented and ingrained, and built on here for minimum 5 solid yrs, with varying levels of players and their over all experience...not a "culture" that became one over night....huge difference