S — Marc-Antoine Dequoy (MTL)

Special Teams

K — Sean Whyte (BC)
P — Richie Leone (OTT)
LS — Jorgen Hus (SSK)
Special – Javon Leake (TOR)

Coach – Ryan Dinwiddie (TOR)

https://cflpa.com/2023-cflpa-all-star-team

Except for a token appointment, Riders are shut out, as they should be.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yeah I’m curious if this is the first time that’s ever happened when the Bombers win on Sunday 

So the quick answer is yes it has happened before, but with a caveat. In the earliest years of the MOP award (starting in 1953) the eastern and western teams did not play an interlocking schedule, so the only chance for them to meet was in the Grey Cup. So in 1953 the MOP was Edmonton’s Billy Vessels, but the Tiger-Cats beat Winnipeg in the Grey Cup, so he did not face Hamilton. It happened 3 more times in the 1950’s when the Esks Jackie Parker (in ‘57 and ‘58) and Johnny Bright (in ‘59) won MOP but Hamilton and Winnipeg played in the Cup each year. By the time Montreal’s George Dixon won MOP without playing in the Grey Cup, CFL teams were playing a full interlocking schedule, so he faced the Bombers in the regular season. 

I haven’t done a deep dive through the rest of the 1960’s and 1970’s, but as far as I can tell, the MOP for each season from 1980 to 2022 either played for or against the eventual Grey Cup champions for that season.

There were two close calls though. In 2002 Milt Stegall did play against Edmonton in one game, and started the second before being injured early, and then did not play in the playoff game as the Esks went on to win the Cup. In 2004 BC’s Casey Printers won MOP and did play eventual champion Toronto at home in August as he was replacing an injured Dave Dickenson. He’d play a bit of the re-match in Toronto before being pulled midway through a loss. And then he famously was sat for the Cup in favour of Dickenson three days after winning the MOP, and the Argos won. 

Now since the whole implication of this question is that Kelly sat out against the Bombers in their lone meeting and the Bombers are destined to win, if you have now angered the football Gods with your presumptive confidence and jinxed us come this Sunday if the Als pull off an upset, and made me do all this work to boot, then

liam-neeson-i-will-find-you.gif

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

12 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The lack of Kolankowski love is an outrage - John Hodge (probably).

And yet Kolankowski looked a lot better than Couture in the West Final.  

Not that I know what I'm talking about.

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm really surprised at how nonsensical the PA All Star choices are. Christ sakes it's like they all based their votes off what the media were droning on about...

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Wideleft said:

And yet Kolankowski looked a lot better than Couture in the West Final.  

Not that I know what I'm talking about.

giphy.gif

Cause Couture didnt have Bryant and Hardrick bookending Gray and Neuf beside him....with heavy doses of Dobson and Eli smacking guys in the yap...our oline is truly insane

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lol. During today's press conference Hodge asked Jefferson how he felt about Kolankowski's play.  I guess John was looking for validation for picking him as an all-star.

How did 3Down get credentials? I wonder if I could? 🤔 

Can I cash in upvotes for access? 

19 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lol. During today's press conference Hodge asked Jefferson how he felt about Kolankowski's play.  I guess John was looking for validation for picking him as an all-star.

And any player will talk glowingly too...so no validation lol

Like what WJ said about Faj...he's same as 2019...running around...going backwards..tripping over his own feet....hahahah

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Honestly, MBB probably could get credentialed at Grey Cup 

100%.... and I don't mean me. MBB could totally get accreditation for someone like you or Mark or Rich, if you were so inclined. There is an expectation to do a certain amount of actual work while there and they'll likely ask to read/hear/view some of the "product" after you're done in order to get on the list the next year, but yes, you guys absolutely could. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

100%.... and I don't mean me. MBB could totally get accreditation for someone like you or Mark or Rich, if you were so inclined. There is an expectation to do a certain amount of actual work while there and they'll likely ask to read/hear/view some of the "product" after you're done in order to get on the list the next year, but yes, you guys absolutely could. 

This site has no where near the budget (or revenue) to fly someone out to Grey Cup.   And I'm really only here because I had the technical know how of how to throw a website up and keep it running (most days).

But if someone is interested down the road, we could certainly chat.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

This site has no where near the budget (or revenue) to fly someone out to Grey Cup.   And I'm really only here because I had the technical know how of how to throw a website up and keep it running (most days).

But if someone is interested down the road, we could certainly chat.

Relax....Nobody's talking about a fully funded trip to GC week. Only talking about media accreditation.... If a member was already going. For GC '25, in Wpg, it's something one of you guys could look into.