CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/01/oliveira-kelly-headline-cfl-award-nominees/

2023 CFL AWARD NOMINEES

Player Brady Oliveira (WPG) v Chad Kelly (TOR)

Defensive Player Mathieu Betts (BC) v Adarius Pickett (TOR)

Canadian Brady Oliveira (WPG) v Marc-Antoine Dequoy (MTL)

Offensive Lineman Jermarcus Hardrick (WPG) v Dejon Allen (TOR)

Special Teams Player Sean Whyte (BC) v Javon Leake (TOR)

Rookie Kai Gray (EDM) v Qwan’tez Stiggers (TOR)

Coach of the Year Mike O’Shea (WPG) v Ryan Dinwiddie (TOR)

26 minutes ago, bluto said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/01/oliveira-kelly-headline-cfl-award-nominees/

2023 CFL AWARD NOMINEES

Player Brady Oliveira (WPG) v Chad Kelly (TOR)

Defensive Player Mathieu Betts (BC) v Adarius Pickett (TOR)

Canadian Brady Oliveira (WPG) v Marc-Antoine Dequoy (MTL)

Offensive Lineman Jermarcus Hardrick (WPG) v Dejon Allen (TOR)

Special Teams Player Sean Whyte (BC) v Javon Leake (TOR)

Rookie Kai Gray (EDM) v Qwan’tez Stiggers (TOR)

Coach of the Year Mike O’Shea (WPG) v Ryan Dinwiddie (TOR)

The bolded names in original message...That's whom I figure are gonna get the nod

BO...Based on season...consistency and historical numbers...and fact he is Canadian and has bettered many an imports numbers

I selected Betts over Pickett, as I think the slobbering all yr over one trick Betts and he's Canadian is gonna put him over...But that being said I would rather have Pickett on my squad

Hardick....cause he flat out deserves it, and if not for Big Stan on his team may have won one already...Plus...best overall offence

Leake....nuff said and no need to justify

Stiggerz....Same as Leake

Dinwiddie only cause he got more wins...Had to deal with minimal injuries....easier sched...and the luxury of multiple games over crap teams....Osh I think coached better roster flaws and all lol

Edited by Booch

I think that likely @Booch's picks would be the likely winners.

Adarius Pickett should win. He was the league's standout defensive player but I can't see anything stopping the Betts hype train. (I confess to my bias on this one as I won the auction for his signed orange pre-game jersey that he wore in Winnipeg).

Also I think Dejon Allen should win for O-Line. Toronto QBs were the cleanest in the league by a wide margin (19 sacks given) and we had 113 on the ground per game with the most rushing TDs and 20+ gains. Nothing against Hardrick, just presenting the case for Allen since O-Linemen's praises go mostly unsung. 

Edited by bluto

8 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Oh for sure Betts will get votes from people who didn’t watch at the games.

I sincerely believe Pickett is the more dominant player and more valuable to his team. 

He very well may be but Betts led the league in sacks(not including Farhans) and broke the sack record by a Canadian. He’s gonna win.

7 hours ago, bluto said:

I think that likely @Booch's picks would be the likely winners.

Adarius Pickett should win. He was the league's standout defensive player but I can't see anything stopping the Betts hype train. (I confess to my bias on this one as I won the auction for his signed orange pre-game jersey that he wore in Winnipeg).

Also I think Dejon Allen should win for O-Line. Toronto QBs were the cleanest in the league by a wide margin (19 sacks given) and we had 113 on the ground per game with the most rushing TDs and 20+ gains. Nothing against Hardrick, just presenting the case for Allen since O-Linemen's praises go mostly unsung. 

Agreed. Some say Kelly is still standing behind his O-line since last game. He has had days back there. Props to the Argos O-line.

No clue if Mustard was the best on an individual level.

Edited by BBlink

10 hours ago, BBlink said:

Agreed. Some say Kelly is still standing behind his O-line since last game. He has had days back there. Props to the Argos O-line.

No clue if Mustard was the best on an individual level.

Opinion is split between him and Hunter amongst Argo fans. Hunter is a bit special, when he came on last season we went from good team to elite contender.

If Kelly beats BO it is an absolute travesty. Would be the most horrific decision I will have ever been witness to. ZC>CK and BO>ZC...the math is simple. COTY should go to RD. His ability to keep the head cases in his locker room on point so far should be recognized.  MOC is BO not even debatable.  MODP should be Pickett but will be Betts probably. MOOL Hardrick...Winnipeg just better OL, Rookie Stiggers, ST Leake.

Picking TO ST and D because they are the REAL reason for the 16-2 record. Offence just did the bare minimum.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

If Kelly beats BO it is an absolute travesty. Would be the most horrific decision I will have ever been witness to. ZC>CK and BO>ZC...the math is simple. COTY should go to RD. His ability to keep the head cases in his locker room on point so far should be recognized.  MOC is BO not even debatable.  MODP should be Pickett but will be Betts probably. MOOL Hardrick...Winnipeg just better OL, Rookie Stiggers, ST Leake.

Picking TO ST and D because they are the REAL reason for the 16-2 record. Offence just did the bare minimum.

Just as ridiculous as when Bryant lost to that pylon from Hamilton...then we proceeded to eat his lunch all Grey Cup as big Stan just locked the eff out of anything....is history gonna repeat, and then BO wins Cup MOP and MOC?....hmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Today I learned that doing the bare minimum gets you 3 points off of the league's top scorers when you've played a third of a season with the brakes on.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Just as ridiculous as when Bryant lost to that pylon from Hamilton...then we proceeded to eat his lunch all Grey Cup as big Stan just locked the eff out of anything....is history gonna repeat, and then BO wins Cup MOP and MOC?....hmmmmmmm

The MOL was turned into a career achievement trophy. Useless Ontario media. 

15 minutes ago, bluto said:

Today I learned that doing the bare minimum gets you 3 points off of the league's top scorers when you've played a third of a season with the brakes on.

You're including defensive & special teams points in that 3 point spread when the topic was the offence. 

Comparing strictly the offence, it's a bit bigger than 3 points as we scored 12 more TD's.  Argo's had 26 TD's passing & 30 rushing while the Bombers had 42 passing & 26 rushing.

6 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

You're including defensive & special teams points in that 3 point spread when the topic was the offence. 

Comparing strictly the offence, it's a bit bigger than 3 points as we scored 12 more TD's.  Argo's had 26 TD's passing & 30 rushing while the Bombers had 42 passing & 26 rushing.

Get out of here with your facts. Poor Bluto is desperate for someone to help him jerk off the argos, but there are no other fans so he is lost looking for praise from other cfl fans. 

Said it before, will say it again, **** the argos.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I was gonna post the same, based on offensive output....not over all points scored lil Kelly paled in comparison....They were hardly an offensive juggernaut despite having a starting position at mid field many games....They also had what?...5 return TD's?....

Same can be said in opposite of our best defence for points against....with what?? 4 pick sixes going against us

Just now, Booch said:

I was gonna post the same, based on offensive output....not over all points scored lil Kelly paled in comparison....They were hardly an offensive juggernaut despite having a starting position at mid field many games....They also had what?...5 return TD's?....

Same can be said in opposite of our best defence for points against....with what?? 4 pick sixes going against us

4 TD's from punt returns & 6 from interceptions.  The Bombers only had 3 that didn't come from the offence (1 punt return, 1 interception & one fumble recovery).

When team nominees were announced I predicted finalists/winners as follows:

Kelly will win MOP over Oliveira
Oliveira will win MOC over Dequoy
Betts will win MODP over Pickett
Stiggers will win MOR over Korsak
Leake will win MOSTP over Whyte
Hardrick will win MOOL over Allen 

I'll stick to those predictions (except of course Stiggers over Gray, not Korsak). IMO Pickett should win MODP, but Betts will win even though he's a one-trick pony compared to Pickett.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Gotta be honest, I thought our offence was pretty inconsistent as well. We only played to our potential in a few games this season honestly. Your team played over it's head....and still couldn't keep up to a team that was underachieving. Maybe if you had a better QB you could enter the conversation but realistically your O on its best day compared to ours on our best day is not even remotely comparable. We would beat you by 30 points or more.

I know you wanna believe that your season record means something....but the eyeball test will always say more than the W/L record especially when one teams record is artificially propped up by having BY FAR the easiest schedule. Still having to wrap my head around who Pinball had to blow to get that kind of schedule.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Yes, context is everything but Bluto wants to trot out incomplete stats without context to make a strawman argument that anyone with eyeballs and a semi-lucid understanding of football can see is patently false. However, thanks for confirming what our eyeballs were already telling us because it's the only thing an Argo fan as biased and cocky as he is being could possibly understand.