Winnipeg Versus the Ponies Aka Battle of the Reserves GDT

rebusrankin

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Still not a fan of putting the brakes on before the playoffs.. but if guys are nicked getting them some more time to rest is good and it's always fun to see what the young fellas are capable of. 

Either way, send the lame horses to the glue factory. 

Not too worried about the defensive guys....some def need a break, and good rest to be fresh....and it's easier for them to step back in and be right back where they were

Offensively tho is a bit a diff feeling...I would start ZC and get him 2..3 series, or put him in midway thru game to run a series of scripted things once we see what Stamps are doing and how our guys are performing

Same with our starting skill guys...let them get reps and in sync with game until they feel like they good, and then start rotating guys in....almost 3 weeks off not under live bullet fire for offensive guys can take sometimes a good quarter...even a half to get re-acclimated....too much is made of getting hurt....play as you normally do...within reason

I hope our guys who are getting their shot show well...Brown should see most of the action and Brady should keep himself loose....The meaningful game is a few weeks off and you do not want to come into that one rusty....Cal will also be trying to watch out for injuries and don't expect their top players will hang around long....The game will mean a lot to players trying to have a little spotlight shone their way....Good luck to them

57 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Still not a fan of putting the brakes on before the playoffs.. but if guys are nicked getting them some more time to rest is good and it's always fun to see what the young fellas are capable of. 

Either way, send the lame horses to the glue factory. 

You came first and earned the rest. Use it.

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

Curious about Alston working the slot...Big bodied guy....transparently has real good hands....and if Schoen cant go in WF and he shows well today, if he gets on the roster for the WF over Mcrae?...

that might depend on who the opponent is?

I mean if it's BC do we go all in on the multi faceted run game which can include mccrae and just ground and pound the lions defence all day? I dunno think they've kept mccrae around for 2 years they obviously like the guy. 

Just now, bluto said:

You came first and earned the rest. Use it.

regular season doesn't matter, all that matters is what happens in the do or die games and I hate seeing an offence come out flat because guys have been sitting on their asses for weeks. 

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I hope Brady rips off a 20 yard run on his first play from scrimmage... and they pull him with exactly 2000 all purpose yards for the year

nah...let him climb the ladder a bit for best bomber season...I think he can easily get to 5th best with under 60 yards I believe....give or take

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I hope Brady rips off a 20 yard run on his first play from scrimmage... and they pull him with exactly 2000 all purpose yards for the year

Crossing my fingers not to jinx anything but I got to say if I was forced to answer which scenario would give me more anxiety, having ZC out of the lineup or BO being out of the lineup, I would choose the latter.  

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Crossing my fingers not to jinx anything but I got to say if I was forced to answer which scenario would give me more anxiety, having ZC out of the lineup or BO being out of the lineup, I would choose the latter.  

Honestly, I couldn't answer that question.

I don't think we need to see ZC out there at all: dude doesn't seem to need the game reps to stay sharp and I strongly believe we would have won the cup last year if he wasn't banged up ... he missed some throws in that game that he'd been making all year.  Those pinpoint ZC passes weren't happening.

(Note: I know nothing about coaching football)

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I will not cause myself undue angst by considering painful hypotheticals. 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I don't think we need to see ZC out there at all: dude doesn't seem to need the game reps to stay sharp and I strongly believe we would have won the cup last year if he wasn't banged up ... he missed some throws in that game that he'd been making all year.  Those pinpoint ZC passes weren't happening.

(Note: I know nothing about coaching football)

Sole reason we lost it last yr, He should not have been playing an couldn't make many throws, and his improvising off script game was totally non-existent...After first 2 series of that game I knew he had nothing, and still made a game of it