3 stars + HH No lead is safe

50 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

i agree but I think it ended up equalling out in the end.  We also had holm push VA out of bounds and plenty of holds by us that weren’t called

The Holm pushing VA out of bounds was the only penalty that I saw the refs miss on our end.  

Even Dunigan was calling for penalties for the missed head shots and pass interferences that were not called on BC.   

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The Holm pushing VA out of bounds was the only penalty that I saw the refs miss on our end.  

Even Dunigan was calling for penalties for the missed head shots and pass interferences that were not called on BC.   

Honestly he pushed him when he was in bounds and it's not like vaj gave himself up. To me that was close but ok. Plenty of dirtier hits in that game.

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought that was on a punt returner or receiver?  If it was on Adams I would almost expect a penalty.

56 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Meh, he was holding onto Bryant too. Bullrushed him and they fell over.

It’s a hold but it looks particularly awful because Bryant ends up on his back.  That said, Betts goes down (in large part) because he’s got a giant fistful of jersey.  I bet had he not been clinging to Bryant, there would have been a flag.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Look at Betts' hands. Should have been flagged for lining up offside.

It’s why you will never hear me blame officials for the outcome of a game.  Bad calls.  Missed calls.  They go both ways.  

The stuff that gets me hot relates to players taking late or unnecessary hits.  While I love football and soul crushing hits, players deserve to protected - all players, not just the QBs.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly he pushed him when he was in bounds and it's not like vaj gave himself up. To me that was close but ok. Plenty of dirtier hits in that game.

It was a 50/50 kind of call,  that's the only penalty that was missed that I would of really accepted.     

The headshot that the Lions had on (forget who was our receiver) was far more blatant.   

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Holms play was fine...way less unnecessary than the head shot 28 stuck into Woli

And that PI on Kramdi was garbage....he's entitled to that spot on field...

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It was a 50/50 kind of call,  that's the only penalty that was missed that I would of really accepted.     

The headshot that the Lions had on (forget who was our receiver) was far more blatant.   

Woli.....but Bailey took him out later...fav play of game...and within the rules 

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Holms play was fine...way less unnecessary than the head shot 28 stuck into Woli

Woli.....but Bailey took him out later...fav play of game...and within the rules 

Massive football play where Edwards-Cooper simply reaped what he’d been sowing.  Awe draws the publicity but bs like the headshots of Woli and Schoen been going on all season, and across the league as well.

7 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Massive football play where Edwards-Cooper simply reaped what he’d been sowing.  Awe draws the publicity but bs like the headshots of Woli and Schoen been going on all season, and across the league as well.

That Edwards cooper been a yappy dirty lil turd all yr too....payback always arrives...usually in least expected ways...Bailey's play was good old fashioned legit football but not surprising as that's who he is...loved it

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

That Edwards cooper been a yappy dirty lil turd all yr too....payback always arrives...usually in least expected ways...Bailey's play was good old fashioned legit football but not surprising as that's who he is...loved it

Bailey keeps himself in great shape.....wrong guy to mess with AND I just revelled in the look Bailey gave that smart mouth Cooper kid....It was like....'don't try that bullshit with me'.........heh heh

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Bailey keeps himself in great shape.....wrong guy to mess with AND I just revelled in the look Bailey gave that smart mouth Cooper kid....It was like....'don't try that bullshit with me'.........heh heh

Yup...didn't act the fool...just a cool calm ..are you done yet kid? 

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

It’s why you will never hear me blame officials for the outcome of a game.  Bad calls.  Missed calls.  They go both ways.  

The stuff that gets me hot relates to players taking late or unnecessary hits.  While I love football and soul crushing hits, players deserve to protected - all players, not just the QBs.

The only nuance I would offer is some of us don’t blame the final outcome on reffing but do get irritated by the lack of consistency in what’s called on both sides.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The only nuance I would offer is some of us don’t blame the final outcome on reffing but do get irritated by the lack of consistency in what’s called on both sides.

Yeah been a league wide issue for yrs now...usually both ways in games...some games more glaring against one team than another...but rarely has it been such a outrageous error that it decided the game outcome.

If you are using reffing as the excuse for a loss...99 percent of time it's a game you didn't deserve to win anyway ...

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Don’t get me wrong .. I get irritated by the lack of consistency and downright terrible calls as well but also accept the refs are human and are doing the best they can in that moment (no matter how obvious I think a call / non-call is).

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Not to mention the fact it’s not in Holms dna to be dirty. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

23 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Don’t get me wrong .. I get irritated by the lack of consistency and downright terrible calls as well but also accept the refs are human and are doing the best they can in that moment (no matter how obvious I think a call / non-call is).

Yup, that dirty non pi call made in the endzone against Kramdi irritated the hell out of me as a db fan of the game.  But I recognize he’s human and I assume he’s doing his best. The lack of consistency in how DB’s and Receivers are called or not called in how they use their hands/arms is frustrating to me. But I don’t blame that on what the final outcome of the game turns out to be. Well usually I hope.

I get mad when refs mess up on the field in the heat of the action but I understand it. I get furious when the command centre that has time and slow motion replays don’t correct the errors when challenged. Kramdi did not interfere in the end zone. That was a BS call that should have been over turned but based on the refs positioning I can see making the call in the first place.