Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

2 pt. underdawg eh.....doesn't say we've been trashed but it is a motivator of sorts AND I'll take any kind of motivation at this point in the season and especially a game of this importance...................We hung 50 on these yokels last meeting ....don't think we'll duplicate that, and it'll be a lot tighter with us banking the 2 pts., so we can breathe a little easier....hopefully

Edited by Stickem

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I hope this translates into 'ball marked at the 51 yard line' versus 'ball marked at the 31 yard line'.

Throw in the odd 'JG takes it to the house' for good measure. 

It's all about field position. 

3 games to get tuned up - for the pursuit of Lord Grey's mug.

On 2023-09-30 at 8:32 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

How is this for a bad football take. The Bombers are better off finishing second. I think our chances are better beating the Riders at home and then taking BC on in a dome where Zach is nice and cozy. The way he has played in cold weather lately, I kind of feel we lose out on home field advantage against the Lions anyways if the weather is bad.

No matter what the weather conditions will be, both teams have to play in them.  I hope for a real cold day so Bombers can pound the ball with Brady O.  The Lions won't be accustomed to the frigid conditions @ IG Field.

45 minutes ago, Bomberman said:

No matter what the weather conditions will be, both teams have to play in them.  I hope for a real cold day so Bombers can pound the ball with Brady O.  The Lions won't be accustomed to the frigid conditions @ IG Field.

And we will be practicing in it for days..if not weeks perhaps..nicely acclimated to it...and they will have a day of being exposed to it...bodes even more in our favour

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

3 games to get tuned up - for the pursuit of Lord Grey's mug.

Lord "Earl" Grey.  He was an Earl, and served in the House of Lords for a brief time before he became Governor General of Canada.  The Grey Cup he donated was supposed to go to the Canadian amateur hockey champion of Canada, but Montague Allan (Allan Cup) beat him to it, so he decided to give the Cup to the rugby lads instead, as this new "football" they were playing seemed to be catching on.  So there you go, football in Canada being the second choice to hockey even back over 100 years ago....

24 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Lord "Earl" Grey.  He was an Earl, and served in the House of Lords for a brief time before he became Governor General of Canada.  The Grey Cup he donated was supposed to go to the Canadian amateur hockey champion of Canada, but Montague Allan (Allan Cup) beat him to it, so he decided to give the Cup to the rugby lads instead, as this new "football" they were playing seemed to be catching on.  So there you go, football in Canada being the second choice to hockey even back over 100 years ago....

To be celebrated with a spot of tea.  

23 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The offensive line must step up in pass protection this week, and the defense needs to remember the "don't break" aspect of the bend but don't break philosophy. If we achieve this, victory on Friday should be within reach.

If the Bombers score more points than the Lions, they have a pretty good chance of winning the game..

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

You're quite intelligent. With your number wizardry, you could easily become the Finance Minister of Saskatchewan.

You see Salty Rivers, I was being facetious. Your post was as astute as mine, but you chose to post your thoughts in a way which vocabulary covers up for lack of substance.