Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

• Nolby changed the title to Bombers at Lions- very early talk

How is this for a bad football take. The Bombers are better off finishing second. I think our chances are better beating the Riders at home and then taking BC on in a dome where Zach is nice and cozy. The way he has played in cold weather lately, I kind of feel we lose out on home field advantage against the Lions anyways if the weather is bad.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

How is this for a bad football take. The Bombers are better off finishing second. I think our chances are bettere beating the Riders at home and then taking BC on in a dome where Zach is nice and cozy. The way he has played in cold weather lately, I kind of feel we lose out on home field advantage against the Lions anyways if the weather is bad.

Don’t matter who we play or where we play come playoff time. We execute properly with the talent we have compared to the other 8 teams, we win, they lose.

17 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

How is this for a bad football take. The Bombers are better off finishing second. I think our chances are better beating the Riders at home and then taking BC on in a dome where Zach is nice and cozy. The way he has played in cold weather lately, I kind of feel we lose out on home field advantage against the Lions anyways if the weather is bad.

Conversely if it comes down to a poor weather game I like the Bombers to ground and pound a hell of a lot better than  the pansy assed lions. Likes aren't amazing at stopping the run and Brady has been pummeling teams lately. That's a matchup win for winnipeg all day every day.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Good point. I will counter with the advantage that comes from a sold out IG Field.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

1st or bust, with how old our core is, the bye helps and as others have said, Brady would run rampant if we host the Western Final. The only upside to finishing second would be demolishing Riders in the semi-final lol.

8 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

TSN doesn't do the volume of a sold out IGF justice. It is deafening at times. Home field advantage is real

I still say Winnipeg Stadium was louder and deafening than IG. Argos had no problems with the noise and handled it rather well with a rookie QB.

Edited by Purple_Reign

28 minutes ago, Purple_Reign said:

I still say Winnipeg Stadium was louder and deafening than IG. Argos had no problems with the noise and handled it rather well with a rookie QB.

Yes they did well, only 1 procedure call that i remember, but it wiped out a decent chunk of yards and led to a stop iirc (I havent seen the TV replay yet). I like our chances more at home than on the road, any help from the crowd is welcome.

Not sure why people cling to the "old" part of this....if u break it down of average age it's a spread of like point something of a yr...hardly an issue

Today's athlete is different that early 2000 athlete and beyond

It's more an issue on defence of lack of overall depth.....offence is an issue of ZC at times trying to take too big a chunk too often...and go away from the run...if you break down most games that's where/how we stall...but people cling to the oline is old and weak theory which isn't the case....if protections are set for a primary quick hitter or shorter pass where ball should be out in 1 to 1.8 seconds and the QB goes off script...well then it's gonna break down

The Jeff's are not too old...but they need true legit rotation to be effective...like 2..3 yrs ago...look at some dominant defensive line guys former and present...and how effective they were into the 34..35 yr range...but we missed the ball with not already working guys into succession or at least complimentary roles at DL and LB...

11 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

TSN doesn't do the volume of a sold out IGF justice. It is deafening at times. Home field advantage is real

Exactly. Shitgot real when we took the lead in the 4th Qtr. I don’t know how any opponent can deal with that.  

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost
Misspelled

11 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

(Insert beat horse gif) TSN sometimes doesn't do much justice when needing to amp of certain parts of the game to add excitement and drama. 

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Conversely if it comes down to a poor weather game I like the Bombers to ground and pound a hell of a lot better than  the pansy assed lions. Likes aren't amazing at stopping the run and Brady has been pummeling teams lately. That's a matchup win for winnipeg all day every day.

Yep. Lions are less suited for cold weather games than the Bombers. And a passionate IG Field fan base is a huge difference.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'll take our oline...RB and receivers in a cold weather game over any group in league

Especially in a Winner Take All situation where all the focus is on one game, or ending your season. 

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

1st or bust, with how old our core is, the bye helps and as others have said, Brady would run rampant if we host the Western Final. The only upside to finishing second would be demolishing Riders in the semi-final lol.

Not sure if that is a valid point of not. Without knowing who might retire, be an SMS casualty or additions in 2024, our roster is not known. Ditto for every other team. Bombers are still a top 3 team. The Argos will have to adjust their roster to accommodate the new salary for Kelly. Any team reaching the final and / or Grey Cup is going to have some players looking for raises.

18 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Maybe in a logical sense...but ending up in 2nd place comes with a traumatic ending to this season.  This team has been quite fragile of late and having to win 3 games in a row vs anyone doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation.

On 2023-10-01 at 7:13 AM, Purple_Reign said:

you'd be wrong. And the stadium barely got loud on Friday. It had some moments. But nothing like the Banjo Bowl/past playoff games.