Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

56 minutes ago, Booch said:

that would get huge ratings I bet

I’d tune in. Probably be the most entertaining cfl content. 

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So look at it this way.... bombers can crush BC so badly Farhan literally sobs on air.

as much as I would love that, if we beat them too bad we will disappoint in the west final. Gotta hope for the classic dominate the play on the field but not the score and squeeze out a two score win. 

I can’t wait for farhan to be pumping vaj tires for mop while the bombers pick 6 him. 

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The BC Lions have shared their first injury report of the week, ahead of their meeting with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday night at BC Place.

The Lions had defensive lineman Josh Archibald (shoulder) limited on Monday. The team had four other players as full participants, including quarterback Dane Evans (back), offensive lineman Sukh Chungh (ankle), defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper (illness) and fullback David Mackie (knee).

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/02/lions-injury-report-evans-a-full-participant-on-mon/

Farhan Lalji was cackling on twitter today just how many healthy Lions bodies were at practice. He sounded positively giddy. The broadcast is going to be brutal. Maybe it's a good thing I'll have to miss the game as I'll be on the road to Seattle. I was grumbling to myself about having to miss it but now I'm kinda glad I will. 

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Farhan Lalji was cackling on twitter today just how many healthy Lions bodies were at practice. He sounded positively giddy. The broadcast is going to be brutal. Maybe it's a good thing I'll have to miss the game as I'll be on the road to Seattle. I was grumbling to myself about having to miss it but now I'm kinda glad I will. 

Why even play the game?  Just award the Lions the two points and let's be on our way...lol...

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

You can listen to the CJOB broadcast over your phone, just don't hold it up to your ear while driving!  Don't ask how I know.

I'll be in the US so my data plan isn't valid. I usually leave my phone at home. Just take my wife phone as we'll be together. My phone is a crappy old I Phone 7.

14 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

What’s with TSN actively assigning homer play by play people to games… since Cuthbert left it’s like they gave up trying to find and develop competent people and just replaced it with blatant bias.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Rod Black just went nuts over whoever was winning.  Once the Bombers were good again I didn’t mind him so much 😏

it's about TSN being cheap... Why not have Marshall Ferguson do a west game or Farhan do an east game?... well because that would cost TSN money to fly them over instead of just using who is already there

Some interesting trends for us and bc since our blow out of them at home.

bc has had 1 blow out win 37 to 9 vs cal. And 0 other win by 10 or more points with 1 lose by 17 to Hamilton. In the 7 games since they’ve averaged 32 points for and 27.1 points against with 2 loses both back to back. 

in that time we’ve had 2 blow out wins 1 win by 10 points or more we also had 2 loses not back to back and by 6 and 2 points. 
 In those 7 games we’ve averaged 34.14 points for and 21.7 points against. 

How strange too that both our loses came against ssk and ham. Edm played us both tough too. 

Edited by wbbfan

3 minutes ago, Purple_Reign said:

The BC Dline is under sized, just keep running the ball with Brady. We manhandled that Toronto front and to me they are better than BC’s at stopping the run.  Control the clock to keep BC off the field by winning the TOP. Run right at Betts and frustrate him as he will begin to pout!!

Bc is no3 in rush yards against Toronto 1 and us 4. Our d has seen the least rush attempts, we have 5.5 ypc against bc has 4.9. 

Thing to watch is sacks and turn overs. Bc is tied for league lead in picks with 19 we are in a 3 way tie for 2nd fewest with 14 while tor has 12. We’ve forced 8 more turn overs 
 We’ve given up 29 sacks, the most  in a long time. But bc has given up 40. We are 2nd but far behind torontos 12 against and bc is 5th. 
Bc has made the most sacks with 49 while we are 4th with 40. 
 We have a big edge in big plays for/against as well. 

Statistically we are both very close across the board.