Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

In my opinion we are playing our worst football in a while since the banjo bowl.. even b4 the banjo bowl, maybe going back to that earlier Edmonton game where Zach did get hurt.  Something is off. Hopefully they figure it out. Can grant make chicken salad out of chicken crap? 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If I'm being honest, @wbbfan mentioned it yesterday and I feel it's not being talked about but he/she mentioned a possible disconnect between osh and Walters has developed.  Walters brings guys in, osh cuts them and keeps lesser players like Jackson and Schmekl around. What do ppl think of that? 

Also, if you could only keep one 

Osh or Walters? Who do u keep and why? 

Intersting. I mean, Walters selected Schmeckel and presumably brought in Jackson to begin with. If they're such lesser players why were they even brought to camp? Or maybe the players released weren't as good as their press clippings made them out to be. Mario Urrutia comes to mind. How do we know Deng even showed up in shape? Burtenshaw? Oh no we lost a Canadian FB, such a crucial position in the o... all that said, gun to my head I'd roll with Walters and let OShea head home out East if I could only choose one. Walters has been with the blue through a lot, as a coach first then as a GM. Not an easy choice, one I hope we don't ever have to make.

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Intersting. I mean, Walters selected Schmeckel and presumably brought in Jackson to begin with. If they're such lesser players why were they even brought to camp? Or maybe the players released weren't as good as their press clippings made them out to be. Mario Urrutia comes to mind. How do we know Deng even showed up in shape? Burtenshaw? Oh no we lost a Canadian FB, such a crucial position in the o... all that said, gun to my head I'd roll with Walters and let OShea head home out East if I could only choose one. Walters has been with the blue through a lot, as a coach first then as a GM. Not an easy choice, one I hope we don't ever have to make.

for the draft....the Coach has a huge say in who is drafted...thats not a Walters decision alone...also players brought in...Coach has input in what they want/need...would like to see....but it's become apparent that Osh has his favorites...and will die on a hill with them until it gets real bad....he was like that earlier in his tenure as well with some complete head scratchers....and in all honesty...with culture established here....it doesnt evaporate with a coach leaving.....any competant coach who isn't clueless can maintain a high winning percentage when supplied with the right talent....and capable co-ordinators...they are the ones who design what we do

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Will Biggie spy Vaj all game or blitz? 

I feel like we're too thin to blitz all game. 

we don't need to spy tho...why remove a guy from normal duties...a vet QB will exploit the heck out of that...may work with a raw rookie as we seen with Crum....we need to be active on the dline, with looks....stunts...and fresh capable bodies (which we don't have and is a big Achilles heal) and not sacrifice assignment to be overly fancy....mix coverages with some combined zone and man to man and make the Vaj have to actually sit in pocket and think...and we will see what he did vs Toronto....cough the ball up...

On offence....throw away the cute crap, and play our game...establishing the line and run....disecting with layered short and intermediate routes with motion in the back field....and the seas will part and we will wear the undersized Lions front right down.....do this...we win...handily

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It all comes down to pass rush and that pass rush being disciplined for our defense.  Don't allow the scrambles.  Make BC's QB play the game from the pocket and he will struggle.  The Bombers have been terrible at this so far this season and especially in the 2nd half of the season.

Exactly true. I would add 'with limited steamboats' right after the word pocket.