Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

IG roof is made to push the noise down to field level. IG is one of the louder stadiums in football nevermind the cfl and that's with half of what some NFL teams draw attendance wise

I was just about to post this. IGF is modeled after the Seahawks stadium, which is well known around The League to create this enhanced noise because of the echo/reverb from the semi-roof. Bombers have the same thing.... the amount of noise that is "collected" and reverberated back down is insane. You can't possibly compare the old stadium to this... it's just scientifically/architecturally proven to be louder in IGF. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was just about to post this. IGF is modeled after the Seahawks stadium, which is well known around The League to create this enhanced noise because of the echo/reverb from the semi-roof. Bombers have the same thing.... the amount of noise that is "collected" and reverberated back down is insane. You can't possibly compare the old stadium to this... it's just scientifically/architecturally proven to be louder in IGF. 

Players have told me at IG its intimidating because the noise and sound actually feels like its right on top of you, and u actually feel it....it's a different beast 

On 2023-09-30 at 6:32 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

How is this for a bad football take. The Bombers are better off finishing second. I think our chances are better beating the Riders at home and then taking BC on in a dome where Zach is nice and cozy. The way he has played in cold weather lately, I kind of feel we lose out on home field advantage against the Lions anyways if the weather is bad.

having been at the West Final last year and watching Rourke basically short-circuit and blow the last minute of the game due to the crowd noise has me thinking that no one in the CFL wants to play the Bombers at home.  Let it be the West final.  Not the WSF.  Screw the Lions.  They suck.

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

Players have told me at IG its intimidating because the noise and sound actually feels like its right on top of you, and u actually feel it....it's a different beast 

and then you add in a cold November day to the mix - talk about intimidation.  Unless you can take the crowd out of it early you are basically hooped.

I did feel in the West Final last year that our guys were a bit jittery too.  It didn't help that we had zero confidence in our kicker either.  We were in control for most of that game but nerves definitely played a part for sure.

31 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Agreed. The noise level didn’t get interesting until we took the lead. 

As a member of that noise making contingent it was hard to put the effort in when the team on the field wasn’t. Once they got their $hilt figured out so did we. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

there also wasn't a lot of time to make noise. TO only had the ball for what...19 minutes?

It also took more than 30 minutes to get anything from the concessions… Pretty much from the point we got our second field goal until the end of half time I was in line waiting. 10 game in and 2 to go and they still haven’t figured out their staffing for game day. 

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

you'd be wrong. And the stadium barely got loud on Friday. It had some moments. But nothing like the Banjo Bowl/past playoff games.

Seems like the Argos plan to take the fans partially out of the game worked. Sit some guys. Make it seem like it should be easy. Fans didn't seem to want to give it their all. A couple touchdowns to get the lead and it turned into their game. Thank goodness the Bombers never lost their pride

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Edited by BBlink

On 2023-09-30 at 8:32 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

How is this for a bad football take. The Bombers are better off finishing second. I think our chances are better beating the Riders at home and then taking BC on in a dome where Zach is nice and cozy. The way he has played in cold weather lately, I kind of feel we lose out on home field advantage against the Lions anyways if the weather is bad.

I don't hate this take... but winning the division and getting the bye is ALWAYS the preferred option... IMO, this is the worst case scenario and still provides a reasonably good path to the GC

9 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

When the team has been as inconsistent as they have been all year why would anyone want to see them play any more than necessary in the playoffs?

Win ONE game, at home, and you're playing for a Grey Cup.  That's the route we need to take.

And then when we play the Ar-blows again this year in the Cup....

A Fish Called Wanda Gif

Edited by kelownabomberfan

55 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Farhan is calling the game on Friday. It'll be 3 hours of him pumping VAs tires as a MOP candidate.

What’s with TSN actively assigning homer play by play people to games… since Cuthbert left it’s like they gave up trying to find and develop competent people and just replaced it with blatant bias.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Rod Black just went nuts over whoever was winning.  Once the Bombers were good again I didn’t mind him so much 😏

13 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

What’s with TSN actively assigning homer play by play people to games… since Cuthbert left it’s like they gave up trying to find and develop competent people and just replaced it with blatant bias.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Rod Black just went nuts over whoever was winning.  Once the Bombers were good again I didn’t mind him so much 😏

yah not sure why they do that.....They should just let Walby do our home games then in Winnipeg...should be a standing order just him and Dunnigan....lol.....we don't need no stinking PBP guy....those 2 doing color and explaining things would be fine by me

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It'll be all BC the entire game. get ready for it & for the 20,000 fans in attendance. 

yup....VA thi...VA that....wow look at the receivers now that Rhymes is back...Some Rourke references and look backs....a bunch of Betts tire pumping......oh yeah....and yes Winnipeg is here too

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

yah not sure why they do that.....They should just let Walby do our home games then in Winnipeg...should be a standing order just him and Dunnigan....lol.....we don't need no stinking PBP guy....those 2 doing color and explaining things would be fine by me

They shud do something like the Manning cast.

Just have Walby and Dunigan drinking beers while watching the game and tell stories.

The BC Lions have shared their first injury report of the week, ahead of their meeting with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday night at BC Place.

The Lions had defensive lineman Josh Archibald (shoulder) limited on Monday. The team had four other players as full participants, including quarterback Dane Evans (back), offensive lineman Sukh Chungh (ankle), defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper (illness) and fullback David Mackie (knee).

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/02/lions-injury-report-evans-a-full-participant-on-mon/