Bombers at Lions- very early talk

Nolby

30 minutes ago, Purple_Reign said:

The BC Dline is under sized, just keep running the ball with Brady. We manhandled that Toronto front and to me they are better than BC’s at stopping the run.  Control the clock to keep BC off the field by winning the TOP. Run right at Betts and frustrate him as he will begin to pout!!

Yeah...we should easily handle BC's dline as our oline and b=Brady will just bully and bruise em.....factor in as well that we have planted that seed that we will attack them deep...with major success so you know first and foremost they are going to scheme to try and take that away...likely leaving extra space in the box for us to walk it down their donut boy yaps.....until they adjust, and hopefully the coaching staff has cemented in ZC head, and the receivers to play that grinding short quick game...come out and establish the line and who's boss before we stretch them out...ZC needs to stay focused on sapping the will out of em instead of deep shot after deep shot and forcing it.

We go in like that, we will be fine....we ran at will against the Argos Dline who are heads and tails better , and yeah they didn't have Oakman....but depth matters, and he has been healthy scratched several times...so this idea we played all scrubs is funny....McManus sure would have helped...but instead of 199 yards...we might have put up 160

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Meh.... that's to drive betting. Don't think the team sees that at bulletin board material at all. 

Agreed. Them Being one point favourites at home is hardly bulletin board material. If playing for the season series and essentially wrapping up first place in the West isn’t motivation enough I think we have bigger issues. 

Just now, Booch said:

So we have Grant back in full gear practicing.....nice to see....Is this how we see Jackson finally off roster?....Removing one of Cole or Clements to keep him on...well would be pointless....bordering on useless

Jackson was on with Grant healthy, so not sure how it would affect Jackson's status. 

The only way I see Jackson ever coming off is Mike Miller returning, and even then .....Osh loves the guy and I don't think that's gonna change. 

I doubt Miller is coming back this season, whatever it is his mystery ailment must be pretty serious, this may be the end for the GOAT.

2 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Someone would have to come off. 

Houston is hurt, so he's likely off but it would be risky not to have an american DB on for backup. 

Cole and Clements both contribute on teams. Jackson makes sense.

Maybe Lawrence for Clements, can't see them taking Cole out.

5 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Someone would have to come off. 

Houston is hurt, so he's likely off but it would be risky not to have an american DB on for backup. 

Cole and Clements both contribute on teams. Jackson makes sense.

I'm pretty sure we've had several games without an american back-up listed at DB

And Cole and Clements have both been on and off the roster while Jackson remains. 

Not arguing with the concept, but we've seen this all before and it hasn't changed so I'm not expecting it to change now. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm pretty sure we've had several games without an american back-up listed at DB

And Cole and Clements have both been on and off the roster while Jackson remains. 

Not arguing with the concept, but we've seen this all before and it hasn't changed so I'm not expecting it to change now. 

Yeah, this is  where I'm at.  I'm not saying it SHOULDN'T happen (I think we all agree Jackson needs to come off the roster) but I just don't see any way that it does happen...

Yeah, this is  where I'm at.  I'm not saying it SHOULDN'T happen (I think we all agree Jackson needs to come off the roster) but I just don't see any way that it does happen...

Agree. It’s a huge risk not to have a real cover db as a back up. Last thing we need to see a guy like Hallett in cover on a wr regularly.  
 Need more ni dhb/cbs less safeties/teams. 
Jackson needs to be off soo bad it’s not even funny. I don’t have much hope that we will make good roster decisions. But it’ll be fantastic to get grant back. We’ve been getting butchered in field position exchanges. 

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Darby was dressed they just had him listed as SAM LB

38 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Jackson was on with Grant healthy, so not sure how it would affect Jackson's status. 

not every game I believe...but also someone has to come off...both Clements and Cole serve ay more use on teams...as they actually make impact, as well as defensive rotations.....Keeping Jackson on at the expense of one of them just further hamstrings our depth and useful rotation players

38 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I doubt Miller is coming back this season, whatever it is his mystery ailment must be pretty serious, this may be the end for the GOAT.

Maybe Lawrence for Clements, can't see them taking Cole out.

thing is...we have a Canadian fullback on our roster...well PR....A guy with yrs of experience playing the position...and also contributes on ST....So not using him for some man love the coach has is just ridiculous

36 minutes ago, Jesse said:

we've also had games with no DA fullback...and did just fine...actually didnt even have a Fullback spot on depth chart...weeks 4...5....and 6

Edited by Booch

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

thing is...we have a Canadian fullback on our roster...well PR....A guy with yrs of experience playing the position...and also contributes on ST....So not using him for some man love the coach has is just ridiculous

we've also had games with no DA fullback...and did just fine...actually didnt even have a Fullback spot on depth chart...weeks 4...5....and 6

We're all in agreement on this.

But if we're talking about what WILL happen, not what SHOULD happen, I expect Jackson to stay on the roster.