Argos at Bombers GDT

Nolby

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

Nice win guys.

I'm rarely content with a loss of any sort, but this one was always going to happen.

Hope we can do this again in Hamilsmell.

Yes, from the moment the CFL put it on the schedule the outcome was never in doubt.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Was it a perfect win? Nope. Did the d struggle very early? Yup but they got better as the game went along... 11 and 4 is still better than 10 and 5. 

Time of possession and stats don't mean much but we owned both 

Yea..Toronto is a deep, well coached team that is riding high. Not sure why everyone expected them to roll over and play dead. They are a system team and it allows them to stay competitive no matter who they field. We beat them and we deserved the win.

10 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Our offensive line and defense have been disappointing, and I'm not feeling optimistic about the remainder of the season. It's apparent that the core team is getting too old.

Yeah, 200 yards rushing is an indicator of disappointing play by an O line. Same goes for league leading lowest points against.

Edited by Rod Black

1 minute ago, Dodge and Burn said:

How are you still here? Troll.  

Who are you?

36 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Yeah, 200 yards rushing is an indicator of disappointing play by an O line. Same goes for league leading lowest points against.

Pass protection hasn't lived up to expectations this year, let's not sugarcoat it. Additionally, the defense has struggled every time it's faced a serious test. Some would say that statistics are meaningless in such situations.

13 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Who are you?

Pass protection hasn't lived up to expectations this year, let's not sugarcoat it. Additionally, the defense has struggled every time it's faced a serious test. Some would say that statistics are meaningless in such situations.

Yeah, Collaros hasn’t had enough protection be one of two of the most productive passing qb’s in the league. The defence, well they do their part in the 11 wins so far. You’re saying stats don’t matter. First place is a stat. 

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Who are you?

C'mon start spreading some of that wonderful positivity & love that you keep lecturing others here about. Don't worry. Be happy. 

I know what I saw... Some of the luckiest breaks by a team in one game that I've ever seen. It went on all night. Especially that long pass from Collaros to Demski deflected by that Argos DB. I haven't seen anything like that since Lions DB Joe Fourquean made a huge jump in the air & deflected the game winning touchdown pass thrown by Dieter Brock to a wide open Mike Holmes in the 1977 Western Semi Final at Empire Stadium in Vancouver. You just don't see guys coming across the field from such a great distance to knock down passes like that. Their defense played well but they also had luck on their side BIG TIME last night!! Every bounce went their way exactly at the right time except at the end when their receiver Ungerer dropped the ball. If we play them in the GC, I just can't see that Argo defense making the same plays they did like that against us again. I expect that the breaks will at least be even for both teams. The old Argo Bounce was sure going their way. 

And Dinwiddie with his bouncing qbs... taking out QB1, playing QB2 then taking out QB@ & putting in QB3 only to put QB2 back in for their final drive. One of the most baffling displays of coaching I've ever seen. And if that wasn't bad enough, there's TSN. All they talked about was either Chad Kelly being shown constantly on the sidelines. Or doing some stupid handshake with his teammates. To the TSN crew in the booth & studio constantly talking about that or the Argos barely mentioning the Bombers all game. What a joke of a broadcast partner.

Then, in the end... there's Kate Bierness shilling for a road trip to BC next week to a half empty BC Place. Hey, you wanna see atmosphere, Kate? Start shilling to come watch the Banjo Bowl.  Nah, she won't do that. She doesn't want to come to Winnipeg. 

And finally, Davis Sanchez can shove everything he says up his you know what. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know what I saw... Some of the luckiest breaks by a team in one game that I've ever seen. It went on all night. Especially that long pass from Collaros to Demski deflected by that Argos DB. I haven't seen anything like that since Lions DB Joe Fourquean made a huge jump in the air & deflected the game winning touchdown pass thrown by Dieter Brock to a wide open Mike Holmes in the 1977 Western Semi Final at Empire Stadium in Vancouver. You just don't see guys coming across the field from such a great distance to knock down passes like that. Their defense played well but they also had luck on their side BIG TIME last night!! Every bounce went their way exactly at the right time except at the end when their receiver Ungerer dropped the ball. If we play them in the GC, I just can't see that Argo defense making the same plays they did like that against us again. I expect that the breaks will at least be even for both teams. The old Argo Bounce was sure going their way. 

And Dinwiddie with his bouncing qbs... taking out QB1, playing QB2 then taking out QB@ & putting in QB3 only to put QB2 back in for their final drive. One of the most baffling displays of coaching I've ever seen. And if that wasn't bad enough, there's TSN. All they talked about was either Chad Kelly being shown constantly on the sidelines. Or doing some stupid handshake with his teammates. To the TSN crew in the booth & studio constantly talking about that or the Argos barely mentioning the Bombers all game. What a joke of a broadcast partner.

Then, in the end... there's Kate Bierness shilling for a road trip to BC next week to a half empty BC Place. Hey, you wanna see atmosphere, Kate? Start shilling to come watch the Banjo Bowl.  Nah, she won't do that. She doesn't want to come to Winnipeg. 

And finally, Davis Sanchez can shove everything he says up his you know what. 

You make me really glad to have been at the stadium and not watching TSN.  Can never understand why Winnipeg seems to be completely forgotten when TSN or SN is broadcasting our games. Applies in football and hockey. 

31 minutes ago, ddanger said:

You make me really glad to have been at the stadium and not watching TSN.  Can never understand why Winnipeg seems to be completely forgotten when TSN or SN is broadcasting our games. Applies in football and hockey. 

TSN had so much opportunity to jazz this up with the decisions being made in the game and build a story between the two teams and how it impacts other teams like BC moving forward to the playoffs but chose to stick to the ‘resting starters giving depth reps you’re damned if you do you’re damned if you don’t’ script. Boooring. We talk a lot about the health of the league and this is one aspect that needs to be addressed to help draw people to this league and keep them. Build better storylines, more edgy imho.

Played has hard as we had to.....got the 2 pts. and that all that matters as of now....Didn't like the way we tried to make their backup look like an allstar to start the game BUT in the end was replaced by a neardowell ....That showed how much interest the argo's really had in the game....Dropped passes by our vaunted receivers was a downer but all things considered we caught what we had to put the game in the win margin....Zack took some serious hits that I didn't like....Houston was banged up  but Parker filled for him successfully ...We need someone else to return punts for sure.... I hope Grant is back soon because I'm getting sick and tired of us starting deep and also watching the almost next to nothing coverage on their punt returns...Anyway we are in pretty good shape heading into B.C.....We better bring the A game 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

C'mon start spreading some of that wonderful positivity & love that you keep lecturing others here about. Don't worry. Be happy. 

You're correct, I usually avoid posting here when I'm frustrated, but our offensive line and defense last night really got to me. I apologize for venting my frustration.

The 2 points is all that matters. Keeps us tied for first in the West and sets up the biggest game of the year (so far) next week against BC.

Great reverse return followed by not so great reverse return. Shows how quickly Toronto can adjust on the fly. 

We started great with a TD drive, then had to settle for FG's.

We proved we could beat Toronto with their 2nd string QB, third string RB and 3 starters missing from the defence. Actually, they were still in the lead with their 2nd string QB et al, so we didn't even prove that. Note that Calgary beat them without their starting QB too & they suck this year. 

Toronto proved that they can hang with us even with a bunch of backups in. 

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

I watched 48 on offence on several of his plays. He was the lead blocker, and opened up lanes. 

Anyone can do that tho...that's the rub...he isn't super awesome at it..his rostering is pointless and dumb for the role he plays..plain and simple 

Where else in the league do you see such a waste of a DA... I'll tell u...nowhere

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Anyone can do that tho...that's the rub...he isn't super awesome at it..his rostering is pointless and dumb for the role he plays..plain and simple 

Where else in the league do you see such a waste of a DA... I'll tell u...nowhere

Actually I was wondering one thing, what benefit do the BC Lions get from having Nick Usher as both a Nationalized American and Designated American? Is there any benefit? Either I'm missing something, or it's a waste

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Actually I was wondering one thing, what benefit do the BC Lions get from having Nick Usher as both a Nationalized American and Designated American? Is there any benefit? Either I'm missing something, or it's a waste

He can come in for a National 29 times

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

He can come in for a National 29 times

Yes for sure the Nationalized American part makes sense. I don't understand how (or why) he would be listed as both NA and DA. What is the benefit or drawback of doing this, if any? I legitimately assumed it was a printing error on their depth chart.

NA can replace any American for the entirety of the game, or replace a National for 29 plays. A DA can only play teams and replace other Americans. Seems like the two would conflict? I am missing something