Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

He has 3 sacks in four games... so I'm sure it can't be that

I know that everyone think O'Shea is officially tied to Jackson... but if Jeffcoat was totally healthy and we "had to" roster Haba... I'm sure it would be (Damien) Jackson coming off

I'm not sold on that to be honest

56 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

So you're mad because a sub-par Canadian (Murphy) gets replaced by another sub-par Canadian?

it's sad thats the only options to be honest...Or PR is likely worst in CFL for the quality and usefulness of Nationals..we have Kelly..Schmeckle (I think I just Schmeckled in my mouth typing that) Burtenshaw who we feel is not worth putting on and would rather waste a DA in that role and let actual good Imports sit there and languish

Why wouldn't we raid other teams PRs if it's so easy and ours is so bad? We are the best team in the league with the best coach in the league, you'd think PR players would be jumping ship in droves. Or, more likely, it's not actually that easy and our PR is as good (or bad) as anyone else's.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

it's sad thats the only options to be honest...Or PR is likely worst in CFL for the quality and usefulness of Nationals..we have Kelly..Schmeckle (I think I just Schmeckled in my mouth typing that) Burtenshaw who we feel is not worth putting on and would rather waste a DA in that role and let actual good Imports sit there and languish

Yeah I don't disagree.  When I looked at the PR to see who they could possibly have swapped Murphy with, it wasn't great but they had to go with somebody.  I don't expect much (or anything) out of Schmeckle but that was also pretty much my expectations for Murphy.

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Why wouldn't we raid other teams PRs if it's so easy and ours is so bad? We are the best team in the league with the best coach in the league, you'd think PR players would be jumping ship in droves. Or, more likely, it's not actually that easy and our PR is as good (or bad) as anyone else's.

Except, our line-up is the best in the league, so we would have to cut someone (from the best team) to make room for that PR player. 

Just now, bigg jay said:

Yeah I don't disagree.  When I looked at the PR to see who they could possibly have swapped Murphy with, it wasn't great but they had to go with somebody.  I don't expect much (or anything) out of Schmeckle but that was also pretty much my expectations for Murphy.

should have put kelly on..he was real good on special teams so would serve some use...Schmeckly doesnt, and his reps on defence will be un-inspiring...and really...we havnt dressed any extra dlineman all yr...so why now with a crappy one....All Osh said in presser is worked hard in his role...and is learning to be a pro, basically thats it....as he wears his RCAF hat....surprised he took off Jacksons undies he usually has wrapped around his head haha

Just now, JCon said:

Except, our line-up is the best in the league, so we would have to cut someone (from the best team) to make room for that PR player. 

yeah u would have to have them on active roster...we cant get some of our better ones on now in lieu of sub par ones as it is...so why would we roster another teams non rostered guys....we have top notch starters across the board and thats what is carryings us so well....after that she slim pickin's save for about 5 bodies

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

So you're mad because a sub-par Canadian (Murphy) gets replaced by another sub-par Canadian?

Not mad. Just think it's a joke. Osh is trolling. Essentially Thomas schmekl and Bennett = crap so we basically once again relying on 4 guys on the DL for 95 percent of the game 

I went to an exhibition game with my kid and saw the name and someone in the section said it and she thought it was a funny name, it is and has different meaning in Jewish/Hebrew. I told her don't worry he won't be here very long cuz he was awful and here we are week 15 and still around. Mind boggling. Was seriously the worst player I ever saw play live. I was certain instant cut

But this week 1 time we will likely see Haba Thomas Schmekl Bennett. That's bad 

I knew the seal would make it when I hears his story, schmekl tho... dude is awful 

Edited by Goalie

With Jackson I get it now. I get why he's on the roster... I can understand, I disagree with the logic but I get it.. 

Football is played in a stadium... war memorial stadium, shotgun, bombs away, marching down field, gridiron, it's all very war like so I get Jackson but Schmekl. Cmon it's gotta be a joke 

Football is a war of attrition. Jackson's Seal background means he is used to battling in the trenches and stuff. Schmekl is truly a waste of skin if you will. 

Edited by Goalie

53 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not mad. Just think it's a joke. Osh is trolling. Essentially Thomas schmekl and Bennett = crap so we basically once again relying on 4 guys on the DL for 95 percent of the game 

I went to an exhibition game with my kid and saw the name and someone in the section said it and she thought it was a funny name, it is and has different meaning in Jewish/Hebrew. I told her don't worry he won't be here very long cuz he was awful and here we are week 15 and still around. Mind boggling. Was seriously the worst player I ever saw play live. I was certain instant cut

But this week 1 time we will likely see Haba Thomas Schmekl Bennett. That's bad 

I knew the seal would make it when I hears his story, schmekl tho... dude is awful 

Yeah...I imagine multiple plays with that combo... embarrassing 

9 hours ago, Booch said:

presence likely will be key for a useless fullback?

Fart-noises GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

37 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Butler stands out as the only player on that roster deserving of attention, apart from former Bombers Sayles and Kongbo.

Oskie wee wee let's eat them raw. Let's relive the 2019 Grey Cup all over again, please!

can never do that fully until Dane's tears are once again pouring on the Hamilton carpet...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Schmekl is truly a waste of skin if you will. 

or in this case...foreskin....

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

there is a less than 0 chance that Jeffcoat is sitting because someone tried to pluck Haba. You guys have fully gone off the deep end now with these conspiracy theories... 

That being said, why did O'Shea submit the line up from on top of a grassy knoll?

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Ugh another Schmekel sighting gross. Simply makes us worse going with Jackson and Schmekel. Swap them for fox and burtenshaw has no down side. 

Has only upside...but we know we won't get that until Jackson gets hurt...and Jeffcoat is back...that second level depth of ours in regards to Dline is non existent 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Booch

sadly I hope they beat us

amLy7Yo_700b.jpg

Yeah...months ago in regards to a diff issue..man get a life scrolling back like that...am I living that rent free in your head ?? Too fricken funny...and in that instance yeah...they needed a loss for the stupidity...which continued and was totally a factor in a few losses 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Booch

sadly I hope they beat us

amLy7Yo_700b.jpg

Your just a loser man...straight up

14 hours ago, Booch said:

"throwing a guy out there for "defensive coverage" and throwing a guy out there who actually belongs out there are 2 different things...have you not watched his defensive coverage? it's brutal for the pro level ... and not to burst bubbles...but jumbo packages and lead blocks are not hard to plug and play guys into...sorry..... its just an utter waste"|

So Booch you obviously don't think Jackson is a Martey McSorley guarding Wayne Gretsky ... you think that whatever character/leadership ability he has  is completely negated by a tiny lack of football skill and experience

You have obviously thought about this personnel decision an amazing amount ... what do you imagine is behind MOS's reasoning and gut hunch? We know O'sShea is the opposite of incompetent... can you speculate on MOS's whys and wherefores?

11 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

So Booch you obviously don't think Jackson is a Martey McSorley guarding Wayne Gretsky ... you think that whatever character/leadership ability he has  is completely negated by a tiny lack of football skill and experience

You have obviously thought about this personnel decision an amazing amount ... what do you imagine is behind MOS's reasoning and gut hunch? We know O'sShea is the opposite of incompetent... can you speculate on MOS's whys and wherefores?

Football you don't need or employ enforcers...and who would he be body guarding for 6 to 12 snaps a game?

Who knows the reasoning. ...likes the story I guess and we know Osh likes military stuff ..so prob the reason right there as he is nothing special at all in any role and at 32 next yr ..not worthy of a project