Bombers at Ticats early chat

WinnipegGordo

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I sense a Haba appearance....with Murphy off I think maybe we see Burtenshaw back, and Haba for the Seal.....and with Clements in already for Mcrae, and Parker as extra defender, and returner that this may be our go to for the yr until Grant, Hansen and Miller get back, or some unforseen signing

I too really would like to see Haba! But I don't think he will be on at the expense of Jackson.

7 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I too really would like to see Haba! But I don't think he will be on at the expense of Jackson.

well moving forward will have to be tho....when JJ is off the IR...who else would be removed...anyone else would just weaken team overall

and practically thinking what does a DA import fullback....who has never played Canadian ball...let alone full back, and has 4 yrs of total experience in football bring to a professional Canadian roster that another Canadian player couldn't?....especially one who has actually played that position, and has a yr of pro ball already under his belt....I could see if he was just extremely exceptional...gets used in screens and rips off first downs and is a dependable 2nd down conversion guy or something....but he offers none of that.....it's just an utter waste

Good to see Haba back in tho, and hope to see where he at, and if picks right up where he was before...that being said...if he kills it...again....and when Jeffcoat is back I am sure for the T.O game....does Osh sit him again, when defensive pressure and presence likely will be key for a useless fullback?

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Everyone keeps saying Jackson is useless, but I sure see his number a ton as Brady runs through a hole he is helping to create. Maybe anybody could do what he does, I don't know, but useless seems harsh.

useless in the fact a Canadian can do that role, and allow us to roster an impact defender....Brady isn't sucessful due to a DA fullback...if u truly believe that not sure what to say

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Don’t see Jackson getting bounced any time soon at this point. He is part of the short yardage and heavy package run plays, and with Brady dominating like he is I don’t see O’Shea wanting to mess with that success. Also provides special teams and back-up defensive coverage, a good utility piece who can be plugged in at multiple spots. 

Totally agree with this. 

1 minute ago, ddanger said:

Totally agree with this. 

throwing a guy out there for "defensive coverage" and throwing a guy out there who actually belongs out there are 2 different things...have you not watched his defensive coverage? it's brutal for the pro level

and not to burst bubbles...but jumbo packages and lead blocks are not hard to plug and play guys into...sorry....but that reasoning is just flat out not worth anything

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If only Miller were healthy all season.

does anyone even know what his injury even is?..was it disclosed....even vaguely?

sad that the injury to a role player and team fullback could cause such a lame roster issue tho....and looked at our roster...specifically the PR and man...what a sad state that is in with regards to Canadian depth....depth being a loosely used word as there is absolutely none that could step in and be significant in any regard...its pittyful to be honest

And let's be totally honest with respect to Jackson - for all his grit and versatility he's not particularly good at any one job. 

I like the story but if we're hanging our hats on his "blocking ability" or "defensive utility" then we are simply wasting a spot on game day that could go toward a player that can have a greater impact overall.

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Looks to me like McRae is the man out allowing Schmekel to dress as D-Line #7, when Jeffcoat is back I expect that Haba would stay on and Schmekel would be the odd man out. 

McRae was already out last week. Murphy got hurt so that had to add another Cdn and added Schmekel. Can't keep Haba on for Schmekel when Jeffcoat is back without taking off another american. 

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Looks to me like McRae is the man out allowing Schmekel to dress as D-Line #7, when Jeffcoat is back I expect that Haba would stay on and Schmekel would be the odd man out. 

Schmekel is a complete waste of a roster spot.

If we didn't invest draft capital in him this year (ie. if we had picked him up as a free agent) he likely wouldn't be with the team any longer.

Mcrae role is filled by Parker...Scmeckle is a Canadian....on roster for Murphy who ws on in place of Burtenshaw...an actual fullback...who was also Canadian...When JJ is back sadly we will probably remove Haba...

Scmeckle plays no teams, and is overmatched...Why Kelly isn't on instead as he is very good on ST's is also a headscratcher.....why we choose to dress 7 dlineman now with probably our worst Canadian option on the PR...mind you we only have 3 Canadian to choose from is also odd...maybe this is another "he practices hard...makes guys smile" situ....I wish some of our Imports practiced hard so they could get on the game day roster

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

And let's be totally honest with respect to Jackson - for all his grit and versatility he's not particularly good at any one job. 

I like the story but if we're hanging our hats on his "blocking ability" or "defensive utility" then we are simply wasting a spot on game day that could go toward a player that can have a greater impact overall.

here here....someone sees forest thru the trees

be thankfull we are actually winning...cause if we wee not, there would be a whole different opinion on this...and don't even go there with we winning cause of this deficiency...cause we are not....and we have regressed from last year, and the thought process of it's hard to repeat a 15-3 season is also flawed....if you are good, and striving to get better, there no reason to match a previous record or top it....that mindset that you can't is flawed thinkng

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

McRae was already out last week. Murphy got hurt so that had to add another Cdn and added Schmekel. Can't keep Haba on for Schmekel when Jeffcoat is back without taking off another american. 

Ugh, my bad, I was thinking we have enough CDN starters that we don't need him, probably need one to fill the CDN roster minimum. As Booch says there needs to be better options.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

Ugh, my bad, I was thinking we have enough CDN starters that we don't need him, probably need one to fill the CDN roster minimum. As Booch says there needs to be better options.

we start 1 more Canadian than we have to, which makes even more sense to have that extra DA available who could come in anytime and be impactful

and if this wasting a roster spot on a DA fullback...who is absolutely only a situational player was such a revelation and ground breaking thing creating uber success...then why is nobody else doing it??....chew on that 

Edited by Booch

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Mcrae role is filled by Parker...Scmeckle is a Canadian....on roster for Murphy who ws on in place of Burtenshaw...an actual fullback...who was also Canadian...When JJ is back sadly we will probably remove Haba...

Scmeckle plays no teams, and is overmatched...Why Kelly isn't on instead as he is very good on ST's is also a headscratcher.....why we choose to dress 7 dlineman now with probably our worst Canadian option on the PR...mind you we only have 3 Canadian to choose from is also odd...maybe this is another "he practices hard...makes guys smile" situ....I wish some of our Imports practiced hard so they could get on the game day roster

here here....someone sees forest thru the trees

be thankfull we are actually winning...cause if we wee not, there would be a whole different opinion on this...and don't even go there with we winning cause of this deficiency...cause we are not....and we have regressed from last year, and the thought process of it's hard to repeat a 15-3 season is also flawed....if you are good, and striving to get better, there no reason to match a previous record or top it....that mindset that you can't is flawed thinkng

You are saying we will not finish 15-3? Who are you giving a win to against us? I keep hearing about regression but that has NOT been proven yet. I like our chances of winning out. You don't? I don't understand why it seems like you are hoping we lose?

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe we’ll see a pissed of Haba who plays so well they have no choice but to keep him on the roster. I don’t want to see this guy on the PR ever again. 

Let's hope so. I don't want him to go out there and lay an egg and prove the coaches were right to keep him on PR that's for sure.

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

well moving forward will have to be tho....when JJ is off the IR...who else would be removed...anyone else would just weaken team overall

and practically thinking what does a DA import fullback....who has never played Canadian ball...let alone full back, and has 4 yrs of total experience in football bring to a professional Canadian roster that another Canadian player couldn't?....especially one who has actually played that position, and has a yr of pro ball already under his belt....I could see if he was just extremely exceptional...gets used in screens and rips off first downs and is a dependable 2nd down conversion guy or something....but he offers none of that.....it's just an utter waste

Good to see Haba back in tho, and hope to see where he at, and if picks right up where he was before...that being said...if he kills it...again....and when Jeffcoat is back I am sure for the T.O game....does Osh sit him again, when defensive pressure and presence likely will be key for a useless fullback?

I looked over our last 4 years of depth charts and saw a pretty interesting pattern. In all the past 4 seasons Osh would play lean at the DL until the last month and then started adding DL to the roster as the playoffs approached. Quite possible we see this again.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You are saying we will not finish 15-3? Who are you giving a win to against us? I keep hearing about regression but that has NOT been proven yet. I like our chances of winning out. You don't? I don't understand why it seems like you are hoping we lose?

not sure how we will finish...but yes we have regressed as a team based on what we have seen....saying otherwise is not truly watching...never said that want us to lose....saying we are truly wasting a DA position....any denyiung that is sticking yer noodle in the dirt and not seeing it.

Who here says we are as good or dominate as last yr...let alone better?....nobody should be

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

and who saw us giving that win to Ottawa?...I surely didnt

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe we’ll see a pissed of Haba who plays so well they have no choice but to keep him on the roster. I don’t want to see this guy on the PR ever again. 

he already did that before he was hurt tho

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Let's hope so. I don't want him to go out there and lay an egg and prove the coaches were right to keep him on PR that's for sure.

I looked over our last 4 years of depth charts and saw a pretty interesting pattern. In all the past 4 seasons Osh would play lean at the DL until the last month and then started adding DL to the roster as the playoffs approached. Quite possible we see this again.

well if Schmeckle is part of this "pattern" then I hope he takes a new approach