Castillo vs Liegghio

On 2023-08-10 at 12:31 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Saddest part is if Castillo would have come back last season, we are likely threepeat champs right now......

This. Who cares if Liegghio did 3 jobs if with the biggest kick to win the Cup & he missed it. Even Dunigan said at the start of the season that if the kick wasn't blocked, he shanked it left.

On 2023-08-16 at 3:32 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

This. Who cares if Liegghio did 3 jobs if with the biggest kick to win the Cup & he missed it. Even Dunigan said at the start of the season that if the kick wasn't blocked, he shanked it left.

Exactly. And who cares about roster challenges created by an American kicker? Well worth it.

4 minutes ago, White Out said:

Because some people have chosen to die on this really bizarre hill. He's a **** kicker, and always will be

Yep. I thought he showed promise as a punter, was very good at times. I was willing to be patient with the placekicking but there was never any improvement. Always the same random shanking. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

On 2023-08-11 at 11:40 AM, Blueandgold said:

There’s no likely about it, and we all knew Legs was gonna cost us the GreyCup. 

I can’t believe anyone would argue that we’d rather have Legs. We likely don’t win in 2020 if we don’t bring Castillo on. 

No football in 2020, you mean 2021 right?

21 hours ago, Booch said:

Last night just solidifies the smart move on going with Castillo and the comfort and trust level we now have there

Why we even went with charade and time wasting in TC with even bringing him to camp was a waste of time..and pointless

Idk how legs fit with the room, kickers in general are strange alien mercurial bastards. But maybe the best thing about Sergio is he’s a great locker room guy. Don’t often see that in kickers. 

the real discussion should be pigromes short yardage success in ott vs poopkups repeated fails. 

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Idk how legs fit with the room, kickers in general are strange alien mercurial bastards. But maybe the best thing about Sergio is he’s a great locker room guy. Don’t often see that in kickers. 

the real discussion should be pigromes short yardage success in ott vs poopkups repeated fails. 

Yeah if he can be successful behind their line...no reason he couldn't here...

19 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don't see Pigrome as some kind of messiah.  In half a season as a short yardage QB him turning the ball over now a major factor in 2 Ottawa 1 point losses.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't see Pigrome as some kind of messiah.  In half a season as a short yardage QB him turning the ball over now a major factor in 2 Ottawa 1 point losses.

Didn’t say he was a messiah. He has up side. He’s also on a much much worse ol. Poopkup has been significantly worse. But hence why this would be a better conversation point than legs. 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

For the next game, I'd like to see us give the other punter a shot... And also let him do some kickoffs... May as well see what he's got in a game situation seeing as we have them sitting on our PR for no good reason

I don't disagree with giving the other punter a shot but it's not like he's currently taking up someone else's spot as teams can have up to 3 Globals on the PR. These 3 spots are separate from the 10 for Nationals and Americans.

Might as well see what he's like in a game now because Maruo will prolly go to the PR when Hansen is healthy.

15 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I don't disagree with giving the other punter a shot but it's not like he's currently taking up someone else's spot as teams can have up to 3 Globals on the PR. These 3 spots are separate from the 10 for Nationals and Americans.

Might as well see what he's like in a game now because Maruo will prolly go to the PR when Hansen is healthy.

Yeah I know...but use that spot for a diff positioned global...one we could use...if Sheehan gets hurt in game Castillo assumes duties and likely we can pick up the current guy regardless..I doubt anyone would scoop up a 37 yr old punter