Ponies @ Fort Hew (#DefendTheFort): The MahFaggin GDT

Noeller

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I get it. Just super weird to me. Do we really need something like this in Winnipeg to hype up the crowd? Feels sad...

I enjoyed the first segment dude came out for as it was unexpected but each subsequent "showing" became more and more .. meh.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I get it. Just super weird to me. Do we really need something like this in Winnipeg to hype up the crowd? Feels sad...

Honestly, some of the spots are getting tired. There's only so many Flex Cams one can handle. 

It got a great pop and the fans enjoyed it. Win-win. 

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I don't think it was that long... Wasn't over the course of one off-season but it wasn't like 3-4 years either.

His 1st season with us (2015) was our last losing season but in year two, the pieces to rebuild the OL were in place (Stan, Yoshi, Neufeld, Couture, Chungh). 

Depth is what probably took the longest to build (and keeping Neufeld healthy).

Don't forget Mathias Goossen... he was also a critical part of the OL turn around

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think it's more entertainment than hyping up the crowd.  It is happening during a commercial break.

based on his instagram account, he appears to be Vegas based and was involved with the Knights cup run... not coincidentally, Gary Lawless was at the game on Friday... he's likely the guy that got the side sides together 

On 2023-07-08 at 7:24 PM, wbbfan said:

If he wasn’t going to possibly report they would’ve just cut him. It was yet another immigration issue. 
 You mean like we have with a bunch of guys from sayles to walker to Habba? Dl do not get adjustment periods in the cfl they get thrown in pretty much right away. Even going back to guys like stove poop Bryant we’ve always thrown guys in. 
 If you have the physical tool set and a fraction of a brain you can pretty much step in at dl in the cfl. It’s the easiest position to transition. That at rb. 
 He’s pretty much same boat as fox and Middleton. For that we could bring back Thomas too. 

yeah that's a good point... it just feels like a guy we've heard literally nothing about seems unlikely to just show up one day and impress enough to start

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

Honestly, some of the spots are getting tired. There's only so many Flex Cams one can handle. 

It got a great pop and the fans enjoyed it. Win-win. 

I like the switch from the kiss cam to the hug cam a lot. Not assuming that two people that present as opposite genders are partners that would kiss, whereas hugging could be friends, family, partners, other Bomber fans...

1 minute ago, kschach said:

I like the switch from the kiss cam to the hug cam a lot. Not assuming that two people that present as opposite genders are partners that would kiss, whereas hugging could be friends, family, partners, other Bomber fans...

It also ties into the sponsorship from the airport Hug Rug. 

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I feel like most of the time these things are done to make a good experience for the new fan and is less directed towards the die-hards.

100% my 9yr old thought it was awesome (didn't quite understand that it was set up) and when on the field after the game a bunch of kids had the shirts he was tossing and were trying to get autographs.

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don't forget Mathias Goossen... he was also a critical part of the OL turn around

Yep, he absolutely was.  I was just looking at the pieces we picked up in 2015/2016 to really turn things around and adding the guys who would be our OL for years to come.  Neufeld was the only other piece here at that time but he was spending more time on the IR then on the field at that point.

When Goossen got here in 2014, our OL was not exactly filled with future HOF candidates... it's no wonder our QB's took a beating back then!

• Jace Daniels
  • Chris Greaves
  • Gord Hinse
  • Cordaro Howard
  • Glen January
  • Jarvis Jones
  • Dan Knapp
  • Steve Morley
  • Pat Neufeld
  • Paul Swiston
  • Devin Tyler

10 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

No rip-off chants of irrelevant teams with no championships please... #GoPackGo

I experienced my first “first down” chant in Jacksonville years before seeing it at a bomber game. The wave, happened in B.C. Before here. Yelling go Steelers at a bomber game, I’d agree, is goofy. 
saw two rough rider clad broads fighting in the old stadium. I cheered for the “Blondie”.

Edited by Rod Black