Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football

On 2023-07-04 at 9:13 AM, Booch said:

As was Lawrence...was a nagging injury after game 1 affecting him??...I still think we could see him and Rose as the corners come crunch time...tho Swarmay is intriguing and looking better each time out...and is a solid physical guy....also is top 3 in league with the lowest completion percentage against...so he could be this yrs defensive backfield gem....

Completion percentage against is a revealing stat. Where did you find it? 😀

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

interesting with the stats...many of us have moaned about d-line play/personnel/pressure etc yet we are tied for league lead in sacks with 14, 

Consistent pressure has been an issue. But with our returnees I don’t expect that to be an issue. I think we have a strong chance to lead the league in sacks and pressures and knock downs. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Consistent pressure has been an issue. But with our returnees I don’t expect that to be an issue. I think we have a strong chance to lead the league in sacks and pressures and knock downs. 

well we do lead the league in knockdowns with 26...next closest team has 14....and of the top 5 players in the league we have 2 guys tied for most in the league at 5 (Lawrence and Holm) and Willie and Nichols are tied for second with 4

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

well we do lead the league in knockdowns with 26...next closest team has 14....and of the top 5 players in the league we have 2 guys tied for most in the league at 5 (Lawrence and Holm) and Willie and Nichols are tied for second with 4

Yeah but it’s early and they have haven’t had a bye. Seems like Toronto has had two already. End of the year I think we top it all. 

27 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah but it’s early and they have haven’t had a bye. Seems like Toronto has had two already. End of the year I think we top it all. 

It's tougher these past few years. 

I mean the two best teams in the CFL went full out on the western  final...  and both teams kicked the **** out of each other... and who does the arblows play on the EF, ******* weak-assed  Montreal with no sacks and very fee pressures... 

I see a repeat of last year... go toe to toe with BC, get banged up and then the winner limps in to face the barely pushed arblows... I want the ALLCAPS to maul them this year.

Bombers are tied with Argos for lead in touchdowns scored (Argos have had a bye already).  

Oliviera leading league in yards from scrimmage by like 100 yards over Schoen.  Only guys close in yards per game are Mills from Calgary and Tuggle from Ottawa.

Bombers (19), Argos (19), Ticats (6 LOL), Elks (6 LOL) haven't missed a field goal or PAT.

Thus far the placekickers with the lowest percentage are Paredes and Lauther.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

13 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

Agudosi - healthy scratch again...team liked what they say with Greg in the lineup. 

well to be honest we weren't even really targeting him....and seem to wanna be a more ground and pound team for now....so makes sense.....I sure he will have some importance for us this yr though

13 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

Agudosi - healthy scratch again...team liked what they say with Greg in the lineup. 

If Demski is in the lineup, I'd almost prefer to see Agudosi take that spot instead of McCrae. 

We don't have a "jump-ball" type of reciever without him in the lineup.