Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

man...we played thursday...friday to sun is moe than enough time off when you drop a turd like we did, and need to do some serious roster evaluations....

I'm sure there's a lot going on in the offices....... just not necessarily on the field. I'd bet there's a LOT of meetings and "virtual practice" happening at the facilities. They won't take that loss lightly.....

20 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Enough so that we don't average 30+ points a game against us... I dont feel that is too much to ask...

Actually, I think that is too much to ask.

With injuries putting out a skeleton crew in the secondary and nullifying our DL rotation, something's gotta give. Throw in the intangible of the fact that the entire team decided to completely **** the bed and that's what you get.

If our offense wasn't so bad last week, the game would have played out differently as well.

When we played the Riders and gave them 27 points and 6 million yards of offense, I was ok with that because that's a Richie Hall defense compromised with injuries and leading to more points than we'd normally give up

Darby didn't practice most of last week IIRC. IMO he may have been fighting fatigue issues as a result of the illness he had recently. I didn't notice any injury resulting in him being replaced by Kramdi. We'll see if he practices this week. In any case I'm confidant in his play. One bad game is not the issue for him and he certainly wasn't the only one.

However, let's give the Lion full credit for showing up with guns blazing and taking us to the cleaners.

12 hours ago, Booch said:

we've seen this over last few yrs early on...then he changes/morphs to something else and we roll....is this by design and he holding off showing things right now...guess we shall see

Between the injuries and soft scheme, I hope you’re right and this just has the appearance of some twisted rope-a-dope strategy!  

That said there’s simply too much defensive talent sidelined. Once there is news about guys getting back to practicing and then into games, I’ll feel a lot more optimistic.

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Ritchie Hall likes to fall back into these old habits. He has the worse disguised blitzes in all of history.  Qbs don't need to stop and think, they just known where to go when the pressure comes and they make the easy completion. 

Seen it a million times.

Yeah Hall is just terrible.  It was a fluke we got those two cups.  Just plan luck.  His schemes don't work.....🙄

Over stated on the negative, sky is falling post.

Seen this 4 years ago, got the t-shirt and then we went to 3 cups in a row.

Hall will go down as one of the best DC's in Bomber history imo.  His blitzes do work and we came close last game.  That said our D needs work but mostly healthy bodies is our issue.

NEXT

Edited by bluebeliever

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Damian Jackson is the new Kuale/Romby Bryant from the early O'Shea days.

Damn the outcome, the guy brings so much to the roster!  We only have 3 DB's left and 2 DL, but have you seen our American fullback/long snapper?

I think he’s more the Flanders mid to modern term mos di who never sees use on offence or defence. 

15 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

People saw Lawler in town on Friday.  Hopefully things are progressing.

Boy I hope that’s the case. 

7 hours ago, bluebeliever said:

Yeah Hall is just terrible.  It was a fluke we got those two cups.  Just plan luck.  His schemes don't work.....🙄

Hall will go down as one of the best DC's in Bomber history imo.  His blitzes do work and we came close last game.  That said our D needs work but mostly healthy bodies is our issue.

NEXT

4 or 5 of those missing bodies surely will help....that cant be denied....but if they can't stay on the roster tho...then we may have to make some maneuvers

I hope the boys come out on fire.  None of our typical slow starts.  Hit fast and hard and put on a show and show the rest of the CFL that last week was an anomaly.  Put a fear in teams when they see our name on the game list!

Edited by BaconNBigBlue

8 hours ago, bluebeliever said:

NEXT

Did I say he was terrible? Hall has a long career and his flaws are well known. I also say ad nauseum Hall it pretty good at making adjustments.... he's a guy that can succeed but he can also make it harder than it has to be. He doesn't hide blitzes well. His whole thing is force the short throws. That doesn't work when your players aren't executing as well.

9 hours ago, bluebeliever said:

NEXT

There are a LOT of people who will disagree with your take that the Bombers were "close". It was obvious from the kickoff that the Blue were not at their best and deteriorated over the rest of the game.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

4 or 5 of those missing bodies surely will help....that cant be denied....but if they can't stay on the roster tho...then we may have to make some maneuvers

The defence is still a work in progress, particularly the secondary, where injuries are hurting us badly. On offence, I just chalk it up to a bad week of preparation and film study more than anything.

From Derek Taylor:

Day 1 of Bombers practice. Jackson Jeffcoat is in uniform. And Demerio Houston returns after time away for non-injury reasons.

Desmond Lawrence not dressed for practice. Abu Daramy-Swaray moves over to that side to play corner.

If Lawrence is inured that would explain the signing of DB Tyrique McGhee (wearing #38 at practice today)

No Adam Bighill today. Shayne Gauthier seeing a lot of reps. #Bombers

And Redha Kramdi taking reps ahead of Alden Darby at Dime. Darby is in pads and here at practice.

WR Carlton Agudosi has not been working with the 1s today. He’s with the second team.
Edited by The Zipp

6 minutes ago, The Zipp said:
From Derek Taylor:

Day 1 of Bombers practice. Jackson Jeffcoat is in uniform. And Demerio Houston returns after time away for non-injury reasons.

Desmond Lawrence not dressed for practice. Abu Daramy-Swaray moves over to that side to play corner.

If Lawrence is inured that would explain the signing of DB Tyrique McGhee (wearing #38 at practice today)

And Redha Kramdi taking reps ahead of Alden Darby at Dime. Darby is in pads and here at practice.

Yeah I think another DB is nicked...Is this the opening for Muohamed to nail doan a spot as we transform the secondary

I was told Jeffcoat was not likely to be out full 6 games...so this makes sense to me and maybe reason we didnt fill the roster wit another DE

Vet day for Biggie most likely

Yuck in regards to Kramdi...Is the best we can do??...And if he is the dude then hopefully Osh wakes up and declares another import starter....Hello Dtackle...even if its only having Walker and Fox...as...well due to our awesome roster makeup thats all we have....but alas...he prob wont...and we will see heakthy doses of suck instead and play an extra Canadian, as well as not utilize the new rule because he will think it gives us some awesome edge/advantage...which it would if we had a roster to do so...but we dont

Edited by Booch

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I doubt Lawler ever left Wpg. whatever issue he's dealing with immigration is probably going through his lawyer.

Seems like Week 5 at the earliest at this point of the week. Definitely going beyond the 3-4 weeks projection we were given.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

CoFaj hates playing against Winnipeg. 

So do 7 other QBs around the league.

22 hours ago, blue_or_die said:

Actually, I think that is too much to ask.

With injuries putting out a skeleton crew in the secondary and nullifying our DL rotation, something's gotta give. Throw in the intangible of the fact that the entire team decided to completely **** the bed and that's what you get.

If our offense wasn't so bad last week, the game would have played out differently as well.

When we played the Riders and gave them 27 points and 6 million yards of offense, I was ok with that because that's a Richie Hall defense compromised with injuries and leading to more points than we'd normally give up

Not to mention that about 14 of their points came off of our errors on offence and STs.

21 hours ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

Darby didn't practice most of last week IIRC. IMO he may have been fighting fatigue issues as a result of the illness he had recently. I didn't notice any injury resulting in him being replaced by Kramdi. We'll see if he practices this week. In any case I'm confidant in his play. One bad game is not the issue for him and he certainly wasn't the only one.

However, let's give the Lion full credit for showing up with guns blazing and taking us to the cleaners.

It was the perfect storm of a team not coming in hungry against a team that was very hungry. Don't care who you are, if you don't play hungry you don't win.

17 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Between the injuries and soft scheme, I hope you’re right and this just has the appearance of some twisted rope-a-dope strategy!  

That said there’s simply too much defensive talent sidelined. Once there is news about guys getting back to practicing and then into games, I’ll feel a lot more optimistic.

I think things just snowballed after the 2 PI penalties. Didn't look like we were in the right head space after that.

46 minutes ago, The Zipp said:
From Derek Taylor:

WR Carlton Agudosi has not been working with the 1s today. He’s with the second team.

Starting Kramdi over Darby and Grant over Augudosi is strange. 

The only reason I could find for this would be if Brady Olivera is hurt and they would start Greg McCray. Can anyone come up with any other circumstance that would make us do this?

Kramdi has been one of our best special teams players in the past few years by the way. It doesn't always translate perfectly, but he can make tackles as good as Darby but probably lacks in the pass coverage department

9 minutes ago, LXTSN said:

Starting Kramdi over Darby and Grant over Augudosi is strange. 

The only reason I could find for this would be if Brady Olivera is hurt and they would start Greg McCray. Can anyone come up with any other circumstance that would make us do this?

Kramdi has been one of our best special teams players in the past few years by the way. It doesn't always translate perfectly, but he can make tackles as good as Darby but probably lacks in the pass coverage department

I think it's way too early in the week to determine what we're going to see on game day.