Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I looked at the league stats page, and I don't see knockdowns listed on there... but when you combine that with his sack totals, Willie had a really great year. I'm not saying he's going to beat Betts, I'm just saying that Betts is wildly overrated. 

Jefferson led the league with 13 knockdowns. Deatrick Nichols was second with 12. Holm was 3rd with 11. Betts not on the leaders list. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Jefferson led the league with 13 knockdowns. Deatrick Nichols was second with 12. Holm was 3rd with 11. Betts not on the leaders list. 

Betts is one trick pony...and easy to neutralize....and then he pouts, and is right out of the game mentally...Both our ends offr so much more

Interesting enough WJ had his second highest sack total with us this yr....and again multiple FF's with all the batted down passes

Just now, Noeller said:

Ya that's a good call.... I'd rather see that too.

those 11 thousand fans that attend Jets games are likely not avid Bomber ones anyway....May be one their smallest crowds of the yr on WF day....casual fan of both...hmmm....Jets game...lousy game day experience...pay thru nose for everything for a lacklustre team......go to Bomber game...crazy event and time pre-game...best professional sports atmosphere in stadium in Canada....and place to be on game day...Let alone a WF....don't really get gouged that bad.....Pretty much a no-brainer where the casual fans of both will choose

14 hours ago, Booch said:

those 11 thousand fans that attend Jets games are likely not avid Bomber ones anyway....May be one their smallest crowds of the yr on WF day....casual fan of both...hmmm....Jets game...lousy game day experience...pay thru nose for everything for a lacklustre team......go to Bomber game...crazy event and time pre-game...best professional sports atmosphere in stadium in Canada....and place to be on game day...Let alone a WF....don't really get gouged that bad.....Pretty much a no-brainer where the casual fans of both will choose

Weather will be a factor on attendance.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not for the Bomber game it won't.

I don't think so either. Was looking to have a couple people attend the game with us and sit close to us. As they procrastinated, I watched our whole section sell out, including singles sold out. Looking at seats available just now, anecdotally looks like a lot less tickets available than last week. 

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Again, if he wasn't Canadian... There wouldn't be so much buzz. When you look at all the stats and actually watch the games, I think it's a lot closer between Betts and Willie than people realize...

My bet is Betts gets it hands down simply for the reason of how they (certain CFL media outlets) have drooled over him all year.

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Sacks go brrrrrrrrrrr

Accurate. 
 I wish the league tracked pressures and qb hits. Though Willy missed a lot of sacks this year. 

Imo no one on d in the league was soo good that they out shine the Argos unit. I’d go with their candidate hands down. I’d love to get to see what a 21 bombers vs 23 Argos gc would look like. That’d hands down be the greatest clash of titans In gc history. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Accurate. 
 I wish the league tracked pressures and qb hits. Though Willy missed a lot of sacks this year. 

Imo no one on d in the league was soo good that they out shine the Argos unit. I’d go with their candidate hands down. I’d love to get to see what a 21 bombers vs 23 Argos gc would look like. That’d hands down be the greatest clash of titans In gc history. 

Willy might be the worst tackler on the team, lol. So many guys in his hands that ran free.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Willy might be the worst tackler on the team, lol. So many guys in his hands that ran free.

Sure aren’t wrong. In general tackling goes a lot with coaching and discipline.  We’ve seen a lot of lack in both of those areas this year on d. But even still Willy is def the one who struggles the most in both areas. Though he also makes the most freelance plays. 

7 minutes ago, SteakTips said:

Question:

----------

So at this point for the WBB, with 2 weeks to go, who is healthy, who is nicked up, and who is unlikely to play in the West Final? Will the extra week off benefit or hurt this teams chances?

-Nobody

-Everybody

-We won't know until the first practice of WF Week

-Yes.