Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Yea, he could do better in roster management but I will take his win loss record over the past 5 years every day and twice on Sunday.

This type of roster miss management and ego over performance is how you get that prior state. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

We are 9-3 and all but two victories have come by 2 score of more margins. We are currently on pace for a 13 win season and first place finish. We have DEFINITELY been dominant in a lot of games this season. Our margins of victory average higher than the 2021 season where no one can deny we would be perceived as a dominant team. The only difference this year is that we have let a couple more games go then we normally would have in past years. That's not on talent imo. It would be very difficult to call the loss to Ottawa anything more than us checking out early, the BC loss we simply did not prepare and come in focused, and last week we did not respect the fact that the RIders were playing their Grey Cup game and we treated it as just another game.

2 losses to bad teams and a whole bunch of flat poor performances. 
You can make excuses all day, fact is this team has Been punched in the mouth repeatedly this season and wilted constantly. Win lose or draw this team didn’t need excuses for 3 years. Now we need them nearly every week. 

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

We are 9-3 and all but two victories have come by 2 score of more margins. We are currently on pace for a 13 win season and first place finish. We have DEFINITELY been dominant in a lot of games this season. Our margins of victory average higher than the 2021 season where no one can deny we would be perceived as a dominant team. The only difference this year is that we have let a couple more games go then we normally would have in past years. That's not on talent imo. It would be very difficult to call the loss to Ottawa anything more than us checking out early, the BC loss we simply did not prepare and come in focused, and last week we did not respect the fact that the RIders were playing their Grey Cup game and we treated it as just another game.

But it still comes down to the concept that if you play sloppy in "nothing" games, you tend to play sloppy in the big games.

18 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I am fine with this. Every package I have ever seen them put in for Macrae is one I always thought Demski could run 10x better.

Yup...why take reps away from.our proven playmakers? Seen no use in his rostering really...we don't need that change of pace back...we have never been an offence that relies on that anyway....and Demski..Bailey and Grant (when healthy) and likely this new guy can give us a diff look

Would love to see him for McRae obviously..Haba for the Marine and Hansen for Mauro...along with Parker already for Darby that would.be our best defensive lineup all yr with Wilson and Rose back already

22 hours ago, wbbfan said:

This type of roster miss management and ego over performance is how you get that prior state. 

You can make excuses all day, fact is this team has Been punched in the mouth repeatedly this season and wilted constantly. Win lose or draw this team didn’t need excuses for 3 years. Now we need them nearly every week. 

Edm, Cgy and MTL punched them in the face and they came right back. Wilted Constantly.....? 2 out of 12....That's constantly to you?

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

McRae off means GI Jackson is rostered again likely  

They may 1 game him?? If Haba is ready..which he is...he has to be back in that DA spot that Jackson assumed...

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Edm, Cgy and MTL punched them in the face and they came right back. Wilted Constantly.....? 2 out of 12....That's constantly to you?

Really...we were lucky to win against cgy...we came back against the Elks..but that should never have even happened...and really that was a combo of luck...and having the onions to claw back..

Just now, Booch said:

They may 1 game him?? If Haba is ready..which he is...he has to be back in that DA spot that Jackson assumed...

Really...we were lucky to win against cgy...we came back against the Elks..but that should never have even happened...and really that was a combo of luck...and having the onions to claw back..

And? I was refuting the point that when they get punched in the nose they wilt. Facts prove that to be untrue. 

23 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Excuses nearly every week? We are 9-3 and only one victory came down to the wire. Yes we lost to two bad teams and that it appears focus is an issue more often this season.....but excuses every week? Not sure what you are watching. I have watched several, in fact the majority of our games, where we have been dominant on the scoreboard....you know...where it matters.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Lucky to win against Calgary with our 2nd string QB making his first start of the season? Lucky to beat Edmonton after giving up a big lead and then going on to cream them by over 20 points? That's not luck. Consistency has been an issue this season, no doubt about it. However, to say we are lucky to win is not correct. We are a highly skilled team that is able to win even when we have consistently been slow getting into games and too cocky in one game to close it out.

Our problem this year, isn't skill, isn't roster management, isn't an aging core... it is not going into every game in the right frame of mind competitively and not consistently playing a full 60 minutes of football. Before you say that is a function of roster management I will remind you that most of our troubles in this regard have come in the first half of games long before roster management would create an impact on it.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Excuses nearly every week? We are 9-3 and only one victory came down to the wire. Yes we lost to two bad teams and that it appears focus is an issue more often this season.....but excuses every week? Not sure what you are watching. I have watched several, in fact the majority of our games, where we have been dominant on the scoreboard....you know...where it matters.

Lucky to win against Calgary with our 2nd string QB making his first start of the season? Lucky to beat Edmonton after giving up a big lead and then going on to cream them by over 20 points? That's not luck. Consistency has been an issue this season, no doubt about it. However, to say we are lucky to win is not correct. We are a highly skilled team that is able to win even when we have consistently been slow getting into games and too cocky in one game to close it out.

Our problem this year, isn't skill, isn't roster management, isn't an aging core... it is not going into every game in the right frame of mind competitively and not consistently playing a full 60 minutes of football. Before you say that is a function of roster management I will remind you that most of our troubles in this regard have come in the first half of games long before roster management would create an impact on it.

You should’ve watched them all, dominant through most of our games in the score board? We’ve turned it up late in a big chunk of our wins after playing well but being close. 

same argument comes out after each loss or ugly game. But our record! It’s one loss, no 2 no 3 but our record!!!! Edmonton bc and Saskatchewan have embarrassed us in games. Ott beat us and we made ham look like contenders. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Basement dweller basement dweller middle of the road east team. They didn’t answer the bell vs ott, bc, ssk. I mean that’s a great job of coming right back if you want to lose a division semi 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You should’ve watched them all, dominant through most of our games in the score board? We’ve turned it up late in a big chunk of our wins after playing well but being close. 

same argument comes out after each loss or ugly game. But our record! It’s one loss, no 2 no 3 but our record!!!! Edmonton bc and Saskatchewan have embarrassed us in games. Ott beat us and we made ham look like contenders. 

Basement dweller basement dweller middle of the road east team. They didn’t answer the bell vs ott, bc, ssk. I mean that’s a great job of coming right back if you want to lose a division semi 

If they wilted constantly they would have been blown out a bunch. They do fight back and win or lose some close ones so they don't wilt. They keep fighting. They might come in sloppy but seldom do they wilt.

45 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If they wilted constantly they would have been blown out a bunch. They do fight back and win or lose some close ones so they don't wilt. They keep fighting. They might come in sloppy but seldom do they wilt.

the act tho of the wilting...coming out unprepared...needing big comebacks, and times looking right dysfunctional has to be concerning....cause it's not an anomaly now....sorta becoming a somewhat regular trend, and in a playoff format where it's one and done....not a series.....thats not a good thing

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

You're moving the goal posts. The facts don't support your suggestion that they constantly wilt when punched, which is what i was replying to.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

the act tho of the wilting...coming out unprepared...needing big comebacks, and times looking right dysfunctional has to be concerning....cause it's not an anomaly now....sorta becoming a somewhat regular trend, and in a playoff format where it's one and done....not a series.....thats not a good thing

Agreed. I don't like it. But I do trust that they'll get it together. This team reminds me a bit of the 2019 squad in that way. Not always their best, except when it really mattered.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

You're moving the goal posts. The facts don't support your suggestion that they constantly wilt when punched, which is what i was replying to.

Agreed. I don't like it. But I do trust that they'll get it together. This team reminds me a bit of the 2019 squad in that way. Not always their best, except when it really mattered.

yeah...Thats my hope.....looking right dominant for stretches means they have it, and it shouldn't be a issue...the inconsistency tho and moments where we look like a 9th place squad are troublesome