Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Very sour news but what did everyone expect from the guy. Lemon's always been a selfish, Me First player. he'll never change. Montreal lost Weineke & Lewis to free agency before the ownership change. They obviously had extra money lying around that other teams didn't. As far as Usher goes, maybe he comes here with all the veterans around him & he changes his style of play because there'd be hell to pay in the locker room with Bighill, Alexander Jefferson & Jeffcoat as well as others not very happy if he didn't. If we sign him & that's a big IF, we have to give the guy a chance.

Lol what the hell? What’s your vendetta with Lemon? He’s a selfish jerk because he didn’t sign here? Because he wants money?

Yeah...Usher would be a big fat no..just a tool...not sure if the guys and culture here around him could wash that off him

If Haba is out a while...and Hansen isn't projected to be back soon then I hope we either bring back Sterling as he could basically jump right in, or sign Gwachum as he knows the league and would be a more than adequate replacement.

Now if Walters can pull off a trade for a draft pick...or a depth piece we have no intent on using anyway I like that option...but looking around can't really see anyone dealing and who really we could target 

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Now if Walters can pull off a trade for a draft pick...or a depth piece we have no intent on using anyway I like that option...but looking around can't really see anyone dealing and who really we could target 

Agree. Trades are so rare in the CFL though. Not sure why Walters wasn’t in on the Kongbo trade. 4th round pick is nothing to give up. Maybe he didn’t want to come here? Or we didn’t want him? Money issue? 

7 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. Trades are so rare in the CFL though. Not sure why Walters wasn’t in on the Kongbo trade. 4th round pick is nothing to give up. Maybe he didn’t want to come here? Or we didn’t want him? Money issue? 

Do you think BC would hand him over to the Bombers?

There's only two teams that have a shot to get out of the West.  I wouldn't expect them to help each other build their rosters.

44 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

BC prob wanted to keep him far away from here likely 

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I think it was mentioned on the broadcast on Friday that Davis is Hamilton was on the 1 game injured list but was not hurt. Might be a perfect guy to give you 20 snaps a game.

Now i could be wrong as usual but i swear Davis got a sack on Friday....😊

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Usher wouldn't get past fifo protocol......Now a trade for Ceressna would make sense ....but then who would we give up as they need people pronto....Draft pic most likely wouldn't work????

I’d do  some thing based around prukop, kola, and Bennett For Ford, Ceressna, plamondon, and maybe pick/NL considerations. 
Neufeld and Thomas have done a lot and it’d be great to let them go out on their own terms. But as this point I wouldn’t hesitate to move either as well. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why would Edmonton trade away one of the few impact players that they have?   

Because they need future value and depth. A soon to be 30yo dl isnt what you build around. And Chris jones believes he can go through dl like nfl teams go through RBs. That’s why he let go of Willy j for nothing. He doesn’t value imp dl. Or ni dl for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Jones does not trade away great defensive players. If he played offence....maybe....but he doesn't.

He’s actually traded defence for offense a bunch of times. Just not at positions he values highly. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Because they need future value and depth. A soon to be 30yo dl isnt what you build around. And Chris jones believes he can go through dl like nfl teams go through RBs. That’s why he let go of Willy j for nothing. He doesn’t value imp dl. Or ni dl for that matter. 

He’s actually traded defence for offense a bunch of times. Just not at positions he values highly. 

Does it count when he turns a receiver into a DE? If so, then yea....I guess he has done it more than I thought...lol. My point was Ceresna is his golden boy....he never trades his faves.

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I don't think Jones let Willy get away, he left Sask. for the NFL and O'Day fumbled the handoff.

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't think Jones let Willy get away, he left Sask. for the NFL and O'Day fumbled the handoff.

Yea, bad example. Willy had agreed to terms with Jones just prior to him bolting to the NFL. No ink on paper and Willy's coach leaving and a better contract offer and he was in Winnipeg.

50 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Does it count when he turns a receiver into a DE? If so, then yea....I guess he has done it more than I thought...lol. My point was Ceresna is his golden boy....he never trades his faves.

Lmao, mmm no I don’t think that counts. His first trade in edm was actually mike Moore for offensive pieces though. 
 Idk jones is crazy fickle. And I’m sure he knows his cfl career is on the line and in hot water right now. Crazy desperate guys do crazy desperate things. 

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea, bad example. Willy had agreed to terms with Jones just prior to him bolting to the NFL. No ink on paper and Willy's coach leaving and a better contract offer and he was in Winnipeg.

it was pretty widely viewed out west that he was too expensive and replaceable. Jones has always treated dl as expendable. Though to be fair coaching and developing dl is what he’s best at. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Lmao, mmm no I don’t think that counts. His first trade in edm was actually mike Moore for offensive pieces though. 
 Idk jones is crazy fickle. And I’m sure he knows his cfl career is on the line and in hot water right now. Crazy desperate guys do crazy desperate things. 

it was pretty widely viewed out west that he was too expensive and replaceable. Jones has always treated dl as expendable. Though to be fair coaching and developing dl is what he’s best at. 

I don`t know how they could possibly think Willie was over priced. Good lord his last contract with the RIders he was getting 150k.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I don`t know how they could possibly think Willie was over priced. Good lord his last contract with the RIders he was getting 150k.

As in what we were offering and what he was going to get was too much. The riders seemed prepared for him to walk. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

As in what we were offering and what he was going to get was too much. The riders seemed prepared for him to walk. 

Oh...I see,,,yea for sure. We paid him what it took to get him for sure. That door being open was completely on O`Day though. Jones had a verbal deal in place for a lot less than we offered.