CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

On 2023-10-25 at 6:41 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

It would be just another reason to dislike Sask(not that I actually need one mind you). Always hated Burris.

Hank was a polarizing figure, for sure. Even when he played in calgary, there were fans that didn't like him even afyer he finally wona Grey Cup in 2008. He's a high profile "name" candidate who only has a couple pof years of coaching experience. Never as a coordinator in either the NFL or CFL. He'll either be a huge success or a disaster like an inexperienced Matt Dunigan was with the Stamps. 

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

I never believed Burris would have interest. I feel like his name as been mentioned before and he would always wave it off.

But I think him being back is generally a good thing for the league. Very high profile player, lots of strong feeling for him from many fan bases. He’d make some headlines and fill a bunch of pages in these boards, that’s for sure.

Until he's a crushed 3-15 & just another stain on the coaches road to nowhere. After being run over by every team in the league. Then no one gives a crap about his so called high visibility.

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

Shivers likely has the inside track.

I'd reflexively disagree since the recent trend seem to be hiring an OC or QB coach who has a pleasing-to-the-eye offensive style and then hiring a defensive coordinator... but Saskatchewan and O'Day can (and likely will) go do whatever.

3 hours ago, bluto said:

I'd reflexively disagree since the recent trend seem to be hiring an OC or QB coach who has a pleasing-to-the-eye offensive style and then hiring a defensive coordinator... but Saskatchewan and O'Day can (and likely will) go do whatever.

that be a hard thing to accomplish then....Whats out there in that regard..Lapo?....Milanovich I doubt goes there, and will decline, or the Cats will give him more of a role, and upgrade....even if he does look into it...I can't see him wanting Dolegala as he won't suit his style...I guess part may hinge on what they do with the albatross named Harris....do they retain him before  coach is found...and saddle the new guy with an old useless QB who is not the future and eats a huge portion of the SMS...or do they dump him and saddle a new upstart coach with QB's who are average at best?...Hate to be in Sask situation any way you slice it

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

OH Henry king of the whine....Sask deserves a coach of his calibre he sets the bar high,,,....Kidding aside, Burris knows the landscape and like Dunigan before him will be toiling for a very suspect management.....Good luck Henry....you're gonna need it

I dont think Hank will leave his NFL position for that risky circus scenario.....but....his ego may lead him there....be interesting who else and what other names get tossed around as legit candidates

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I dont think Hank will leave his NFL position for that risky circus scenario.....but....his ego may lead him there....be interesting who else and what other names get tossed around as legit candidates

I think when it comes down to the nitty gritty ...really does it matter who is interested...you know they're headed for a giant fail....I just wonder how many candidates, who have any credibility, actually apply...It'll be an interesting watch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

that be a hard thing to accomplish then....Whats out there in that regard..Lapo?....Milanovich I doubt goes there, and will decline, or the Cats will give him more of a role, and upgrade....even if he does look into it...I can't see him wanting Dolegala as he won't suit his style...I guess part may hinge on what they do with the albatross named Harris....do they retain him before  coach is found...and saddle the new guy with an old useless QB who is not the future and eats a huge portion of the SMS...or do they dump him and saddle a new upstart coach with QB's who are average at best?...Hate to be in Sask situation any way you slice it

See, I'd wondered if Milanovich and Shivers may have a reunion.

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea I agree with you, Sask would be horrible but at the end of the day he deserves another shot no matter where.

wasn't he already there once?...I doubt they wanna be seen as recycling the old to their obtuse fanbase

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Khari Jones deserves another shot at HC after being jobbed in Montreal imho.

I used to think so as well, and have a lot of respect for him from his time here in the 'Peg, but his performance as OC in Ottawa has given me pause. Some of his play-calling was. to put it mildly, puzzling. I would love to see him succeed but....

29 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I used to think so as well, and have a lot of respect for him from his time here in the 'Peg, but his performance as OC in Ottawa has given me pause. Some of his play-calling was. to put it mildly, puzzling. I would love to see him succeed but....

Khari has gotten around as a coaching assistant, Hamilton, BC, Sask., Montreal, now Ottawa, so far success has not been a prominent feature of his coaching career.

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

Khari has gotten around as a coaching assistant, Hamilton, BC, Sask., Montreal, now Ottawa, so far success has not been a prominent feature of his coaching career.

and this is why.... as much as I loved the guy and appreciate his time in Winnipeg........ I'm not sure why people think he deserves a shot at being a HC. What exactly has he done/proved? 

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

and this is why.... as much as I loved the guy and appreciate his time in Winnipeg........ I'm not sure why people think he deserves a shot at being a HC. What exactly has he done/proved? 

I hate to agree with this, but I do.

His offences/teams have been average at best. 

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I hate to agree with this, but I do.

His offences/teams have been average at best. 

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Because it’s Saskatchewan. We love to see them fail.