CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

It's not country. It's pop singers in cowboy boots. Country music used to have a place. Hurting tunes while drinking whiskey straight because something bad happened. That was it's niche. Then they tried to make it happy party music....and it sucks.

check out Cody Jinks. He's the only country music i listen too.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

It's not country. It's pop singers in cowboy boots. Country music used to have a place. Hurting tunes while drinking whiskey straight because something bad happened. That was it's niche. Then they tried to make it happy party music....and it sucks.

I mean...this sounds a lot more like the former to me?  

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean...this sounds a lot more like the former to me?  

Sure does....but that song is roughly 20 years old as well.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

check out Cody Jinks. He's the only country music i listen too.

Yea, I like Cody Jinks and a few others that are more in the southern rock/country kind of vein. Just the commercial country of the past 10 years or so that has turned me right off of mainstream country.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I just love how every male "new country" singer wants to sound like they're from Tennessee or Arkansas. When they're from Grant Park in Winnipeg, Scarborough, Ontario or Parkland in Calgary & say "eh??" at the end of every sentence. Or from Portland, Oregon & Bemidji, Minnesota. There are a couple of decent singers today. A lot of songs are garbage. 

GCn20 here's a classic hurting tune for you. And you're welcome...

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Kap is definitely a side show for the cfl. I for one, think he could actually play, and play well.

7 years removed from pro football is a long time. But I'd say he's a better qb than Johnny manziel ever was.

I think it would be an interesting grab for the cfl and would catch a lot of eyes.

I'm for it

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just love how every male "new country" singer wants to sound like they're from Tennessee or Arkansas. When they're from Grant Park in Winnipeg, Scarborough, Ontario or Parkland in Calgary & say "eh??" at the end of every sentence. Or from Portland, Oregon & Bemidji, Minnesota. There are a couple of decent singers today. A lot of songs are garbage. 

GCn20 here's a classic hurting tune for you. And you're welcome...

That's what I'm talking about. Love George Jones....well love may be overstating it, it's still country after all...but if I am in a room being forced to listen to country than yea....George Jones, Waylon Jennings etc.

Edited by GCn20

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

The only two C&W songs worth listening to are "Goin; back to Beethoven 'cause country music sucks" and "She's got sawdust on the floor of her heart".

Some nsfw titled wheeler walker jr songs too. He’s pretty hilarious. 

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Awesome

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

Kap is definitely a side show for the cfl. I for one, think he could actually play, and play well.

7 years removed from pro football is a long time. But I'd say he's a better qb than Johnny manziel ever was.

I think it would be an interesting grab for the cfl and would catch a lot of eyes.

I'm for it

100% on all fronts. I’d rather he come here than the xfl usfl. I feel like if he really wanted to be playing out side of the nfl he would’ve been. 
 I feel like the league is going away from big busts like manziel. Guys like that bust for a big reason and aren’t gonna fix it here if they aren’t willing to fix it for many millions a year down in the nfl.  

Seems like we always go for those fringe nfl guys though. Not the mid range pick guys who age out of opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm sure Kap who was benched originally because he was a locker room cancer,  wouldn't put in work for tape study,  extremely lazy, and an extreme prima donna.   I'm sure that's a good recipe for coming in and learning a completely new game 7 years removed from playing.  

Seems pretty motivated to me. It " **SEEMS**  like he just wants to play. 

I guess we'll find out now

Nothing I've seen from kap in my humble opinion is prima Donna, just blacklisted. 

I'm not interested in political discussion here but there's no doubt he's been blacked balled by the nfl

Ffs we signed Pacman Jones..