CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

53 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair, Taylor was playing well right up to his injury. And at that age, and with the other guys on the roster, it's understandable why the Bombers did t bring him back. 

Yup...injury...age...cost...with young talent we had here already... someone had to go so was an easy one...but he was solid as solid could be for us his whole time here

And u know how much he loves it..and team loved him as after the stamps game here he came to our dressing room post game to hang out and visit with the boys

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair, Taylor was playing well right up to his injury. And at that age, and with the other guys on the roster, it's understandable why the Bombers did t bring him back. 

Which is all true. I’m not surprised he resurfaced in the league as much as that it was with Calgary. 

On 2023-08-05 at 8:54 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe he will. I don't really care.

TBurgess, you can roll your eyes all you want as I really have no interest in talking to you.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Not sure what's going on there..but recruitment has not been great

The story goes that Murray Edwards the owner wants to sell the team. He has no further desire to spend money on the Stamps. He won't authorize football ops get more money.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder if he'll resurface as an assistant coach elsewhere?

if Sask was smart....which is pretty evident based on a whole pile of things they are not, they would bring him in there, even if as just an offensive consultant....as Jeffrey's is so out of his league it's not even funny

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

if Sask was smart....which is pretty evident based on a whole pile of things they are not, they would bring him in there, even if as just an offensive consultant....as Jeffrey's is so out of his league it's not even funny

That was my first thought too, but if you'll recall, they tried to bring in many other before Jeffries, but no one would accept the position. 

No one wants to sign on for a team that's going to fire everyone at the end of the year.

Just now, Jesse said:

That was my first thought too, but if you'll recall, they tried to bring in many other before Jeffries, but no one would accept the position. 

No one wants to sign on for a team that's going to fire everyone at the end of the year.

yeah thats the rub...Jeffreys was basically promoted from within as nobody wanted that job.....they got tired of guys not even wanting to waste their time even interviewing...so again...like their current HC....They settled....for someone with no business in that position.....and are what they are cause of it

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah new ownership alone there would do wonders

Only if they get a better owner. It's been a crapshoot over there. 

12 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Condell is getting paid until the end of the year. No reason to go to another tire fire and risk his reputation even further.

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He should. They went freewheel spending this offseason to make a home GC run. I doubt caretaker Bob will like them not even making the playoffs.

that and epic failures the last few seasons....a lot of it due to some poor coaching...and a big lack of discipline issues in a lot of instances that just havn't gone away....which falls again squarely at coaches feet

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Been quite the change in Hammy since the 2019 season and taking "victory formation" reps in grey cup practice week... and I'm all for it!

Did they actually do this. Yikes. Thats bad juju. Almost as bad as the Ti-Cat fan drinking from the mini cup in the 4th quarter.

Just now, Pepper_Brooks said:

They've been jinxed since this moment 

FGdj11iXwAc06UG?format=jpg&name=900x900

There he is!