week 1 talk

Booch

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I guess but literally all they had to do was have Haba play the first defensive snap with Jeffcoat on the sideline to give a bunch of flexibility in case they need it.

If they need flexibility due to injury on defence there is also the rule where a Nationalized American can replace an injured Canadian.  Jeffcoat can replace an injured Bennett for example.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

have a feeling we see Kongbo back here before the end of the year, or during the off-season at the very latest and this likely the last go 'round for JJ. Kongbo isn't as good as The Jeffs, but he's not a huge step down. 

I’d like to see it - but I’m not convinced he is a game changer right now. 

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Walker can’t be a designated National, but what they could’ve done is started Haba, DA’d Jeffcoat and then rotated in Caleb Thomas 23 snaps for Jake Thomas.

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Walker can’t be a designated National, but what they could’ve done is started Haba, DA’d Jeffcoat and then rotated in Caleb Thomas 23 snaps for Jake Thomas.

Walker is in his third year in Winnipeg he'd count as a designated National but they would have had to start K.Thomas and not rostered Cole. Just seems to make more sense than using a raw rookie in the rotation who looked overwhelmed.

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I think Butler's the key to the game. If the Ticats can establish a good running game they can keep our offence off of the field and tire out our defense. Kinda what happened in both of our pre-season games. 

It's Zach vs. Bo. 

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The CFL needs to scrap this roster nonsense immediately. It is getting out of hand.

$**) denotes left handed player with one parent of Polish heritage

(#*^&@&&# denotes global player who once tried poutine, but didn't like it

Give me a break.

they just need to better clarify it.....I like the rule, and incentive for teams and players to maintain continuity

My take is it should be 2 tiered...3 yrs min with same team....you can play say 30 snaps a game for a Canadian starter

5 years or more....You can play as many as you feel the need...but the canadian being replaced has to play min. 15 snaps....unless injured...easy peasy

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

they just need to better clarify it.....I like the rule, and incentive for teams and players to maintain continuity

My take is it should be 2 tiered...3 yrs min with same team....you can play say 30 snaps a game for a Canadian starter

5 years or more....You can play as many as you feel the need...but the canadian being replaced has to play min. 15 snaps....unless injured...easy peasy

There has to be a way to make it simpler. For everyone’s sake.

Or just flat out say if an Import is in his 4th year with same team...He can be Considered a Canadian starter...all game as the 8th...and you can sub an American DI in for any other Canadian on that side of the ball....freely...you can have one on offence...one on defence, and if you meet that restriction, you are allowed to roster an additional Canadian on your roster as a bonus

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Really interesting Info here: https://www.cfl.ca/2023/06/07/player-grades-powered-by-pff-2022-season/

I'm looking forward to seeing how PFF works out this season. 

Strange, no Bomber players statistically ranked in the top 10 of DB's, LB's or O-line, which seems to be mostly dominated by Ti-Cats.

Edited by Fatty Liver

15 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Strange, no Bomber players statistically ranked in the top 10 of DB's, LB's or O-line, which seems to be mostly dominated  Ti-Cats.

I was really surprised at the O-line. Just goes to show what a huge difference a great QB makes to the O-Line. 

I expected Bighill to be a top 10 LB, but then again, last year was an off year for him. 

7 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I guess my biggest question would be how does Stanley Bryant win MOOL but not even rare top 10 on PFF's metrics. Something doesn't mesh here.

It almost as if media members don’t know how to evaluate OL play….

All of these metrics are skewed by what is given weight.

DB's who are targeted more score higher.

RB's who break tackles score higher than RB's who run by everyone.  Morrow really disadvantaged there.  Really not sure how Thomas-Erlington scores 2 points higher than Logan with lower numbers in every category they show in the chart.

YAC clearly given big weight for receivers as no way Philpot near top 10 otherwise.  So a guy who catches 8 screen passes a game has an advantage over a guy who catches 4 15 yard passes a game.