week 1 talk

Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

he got run over by Weinike...huge whiff on a Morrow run...gets lost in the fray in traffic, and still showed some hesitation/confusion on some crossing plays...I watched him extensively as I dont get the props...in my time have seen many "practice" demons/legends....but doesn't translate into game play...we can do better...he has not made one "wow" play in anygame I have watched...were as Parker...Houston...Even Cole recently have

Mos has a tendency to fall in love with underachieving athletes who aren’t pro players and over achieving guys who aren’t pro athletes. 

5 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Ya I thought so too. Maybe the only way to do that was to make a designate a starter as the back up like the Stamps and Lions are doing and OSH didn't want to?

I guess but literally all they had to do was have Haba play the first defensive snap with Jeffcoat on the sideline to give a bunch of flexibility in case they need it.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I guess but literally all they had to do was have Haba play the first defensive snap with Jeffcoat on the sideline to give a bunch of flexibility in case they need it.

Exactly. I also read something that this roster posted publicly may not be how they designate if with the refs/league for the game, so maybe they will do that still?

9 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Exactly. I also read something that this roster posted publicly may not be how they designate if with the refs/league for the game, so maybe they will do that still?

That would make complete sense - MOS wouldn't even reveal the holder on the coach's show.

I assumed that the submitted depth chart had to be accurate. Otherwise what's the point?

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That would make complete sense - MOS wouldn't even reveal the holder on the coach's show.

I assumed that the submitted depth chart had to be accurate. Otherwise what's the point?

Nothing like providing an inaccurate depth chart to kick off a season with brand new confusing rules.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

This is the same hip stuff that Jeffcoat was dealing with last year? 

More than Biggie I was not expecting Jeffcoat back. Love JJ - but  I don’t really want to do this again all year. 

have a feeling we see Kongbo back here before the end of the year, or during the off-season at the very latest and this likely the last go 'round for JJ. Kongbo isn't as good as The Jeffs, but he's not a huge step down. 

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Lawson out hurts. Hate that Schmekel is rotating in.  MOS should have dropped Cole and brought in C. Thomas instead. Start C.Thomas with Walker as the designated national.

Walker can’t be a designated National, but what they could’ve done is started Haba, DA’d Jeffcoat and then rotated in Caleb Thomas 23 snaps for Jake Thomas.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Walker can’t be a designated National, but what they could’ve done is started Haba, DA’d Jeffcoat and then rotated in Caleb Thomas 23 snaps for Jake Thomas.

Much rather have that than any number of snaps for Schmekel for any number of snaps for Jake Thomas