Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

Interesting who they take to Edmonton on Saturday, I would imagine that Collaros, Olivera (has not practiced yet) Lawler, Schoen, Demski, Bryant, Nuefeld and Hardrick don't make the trip on offense. Willie, Jeffcoat, Thomas, Bighill, Darby, Nichols, Alexander, Rose don't make the trip on D. 

Which rookie is gonna have the biggest impact in our push for another Grey Cup?

I expect great things from Bennett, think he will be a beast. But of even more importance and a player I am keeping an eye on is Jeremy Murphy. Have said for a time now we needed another weapon on the offensive side of the ball, and I think this kid can provide that. Maybe not totally at first,but down the road for sure.

Edited by Wilbur

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I expect great things from Bennett, think he will be a beast. But of even more importance and a player I am keeping an eye on is Jeremy Murphy. Have said for a time now we needed another weapon on the offensive side of the ball, and I think this kid can provide that. Maybe not totally at first,but down the road for sure.

Barrington Wade

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Care to elaborate on why you think we need another weapon on offense?

Who exactly is Jeremy Murphy going to unseat on this offense, barring injury (knocks on wood).....??? BOO is still well ahead of him as well. Murphy should be damn happy to be on the PR and learn for awhile. 

And in an offense that has the best QB in the league, the 2 best receivers in the league, the best OL in the league..... And a more than competent RB...... We need a weapon??? 

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Care to elaborate on why you think we need another weapon on offense?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Who exactly is Jeremy Murphy going to unseat on this offense, barring injury (knocks on wood).....??? BOO is still well ahead of him as well. Murphy should be damn happy to be on the PR and learn for awhile. 

And in an offense that has the best QB in the league, the 2 best receivers in the league, the best OL in the league..... And a more than competent RB...... We need a weapon??? 

I didn't say he was going to start over anyone, and yes I understand we are set up well on offense, but never hurts to have another guy to give the defense someone else to keen in on. I think the kid can be good in this league, but if he is a bust, as ya'll say we will be fine.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I didn't say he was going to start over anyone, and yes I understand we are set up well on offense, but never hurts to have another guy to give the defense someone else to keen in on. I think the kid can be good in this league, but if he is a bust, as ya'll say we will be fine.

Where exactly on the field do you put him? Who comes off to make room for this so called weapon? 

On paper, i can't remember a team that had as many offensive weapons as the Bombers do right now. It's grossly unfair, TBH.... 

18 hours ago, Jesse said:

Only because everyone is looking the other way at Bighill, Wilson, Jeffcoat, Oliveira, and Grant not practicing. That's a lot of holes to fill.

For some reason my GIF search isn't working... I wanted to add a "Quadmire giggity" gif in here... so everyone just use your imagination

I agree that Wilson and Jeffcoat are definitely concerns due to their injury history... but I have little concern about Oliveira and Biggie... those guys are going to be ready to go.

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

For some reason my GIF search isn't working... I wanted to add a "Quadmire giggity" gif in here... so everyone just use your imagination

I agree that Wilson and Jeffcoat are definitely concerns due to their injury history... but I have little concern about Oliveira and Biggie... those guys are going to be ready to go.

UJvD0.gif

20 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

you're assuming those players aren't participating in TC because they're hurt....TC being the key word. These aren't "practices". It's close. But it's training camp. The two are different.

Bighill was still walking around with paper work, almost looked like a coach, he's still very involved

Edited by Nolby

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think his not "participating" is a big nothing burger...he in shape....got diddly to prove, and still does stuff outside actual "practice" sessions

He's gotta have something going on. Hopefully it's nothing that keeps him from missing games, but something is keeping him off the field now.

Guys with injury histories like Jeffcoat were practicing, old guys like Bryant are practicing. Only injured players haven't participated. 

Especially when Wilson has also been out, and you would think they'd want to see how Bighill played with the replacement candidates.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I can't remember a training camp where so many starters got the first week off. I think there is more to this than the team is letting on. 

Of course you would come up with this conclusion lol never seen you with a positive Bomber take in all my time on this message board.