Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

45 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I know these are just TC numbers... but I really hope the club isn't issuing #33 just yet

I hope not, but they might, it looks like the Argos will not visit Wpg. until week 17, it would be nice if Harris is able to play in that game.  It would also be good to give Matt Nichols due respect with a night in his honour sometime this season.

8 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Was able to catch a scrimmage, man, I'm so excited to see what a healthy Agudosi can do. He's got speed, big height and a threat at a big receiver we haven't seen in a long time.

The big if is if he can stay healthy this season but I could see him catching 10 plus touchdowns this season he’s just such a large target out there. 

19 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The big if is if he can stay healthy this season but I could see him catching 10 plus touchdowns this season he’s just such a large target out there. 

Absolutely, I don't know how many catches he's high pointed that no one else could, and way over the top of the DBs....just ask Roberson. He'll play a huge part for first downs and end zone fades, and, if he does go down with an injury, I don't mind having Rasheed fill in either.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I hope not, but they might, it looks like the Argos will not visit Wpg. until week 17, it would be nice if Harris is able to play in that game.  It would also be good to give Matt Nichols due respect with a night in his honour sometime this season.

He should be coming off rehab from his third quad pull by then...

51 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Absolutely, I don't know how many catches he's high pointed that no one else could, and way over the top of the DBs....just ask Roberson. He'll play a huge part for first downs and end zone fades, and, if he does go down with an injury, I don't mind having Rasheed fill in either.

I'm not sure how Agudosi gets on the game day roster unless there is an injury.

40 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Thank you - who's he replacing on our starting roster? Sheed? Not likely. 

51 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he can easily be rostered...we had Mcrae on roster with all the starters...so he goes in for him

No reason why you can't rotate receiver in like any other rotational guy..Sheed also qualifies for Nationalized player now too...so Agudosi could be the defacto starter, and Sheed can rotate in for import or Canadian ...lots of ways to make it work

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, last season they were able to DI McCrae but I'm sure this season they'll need to use a DI for kicker/punter instead.

If Bennet is real deal...wont have to DI for an import rotational end...they will have him on the roster, as you know ZC will be wanting that target....if Ford comes back sooner than later from an NFL camp too...he could be  6th db and not use a DI spot there as well

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Actually that is the most likely scenario, him or Wolitarsky if we have a “Nationalized American” declared elsewhere that allows us the ration flexibility. But I’d say Bailey is the first to sit of the receiving corps if Agudosi just shows too much to sit. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

No Legs or Sergio for the first pre-season game so they are giving the rookies a shot to see what they can do. 

I have zero expectations that Stanton sticks now that we have Sergio but I am interested in seeing the punters this weekend.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-will-give-place-kicker-chandler-staton-his-shot-in-pre-season-game-saturday

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

WINNIPEG, MB., May 25, 2023  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Transferred to retired list:
National running back Jonathan Rosery

I thought that he had a bead on a starting position....my bad.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

So all 4 QBs going to Edm.... Can't imagine Collaros sees the field right? That would be crazy to risk, especially against Chris Jones who would do anything to cripple our meal ticket. 

It’ll all depend on if the starting ol goes. But last year iirc he played in both games. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes some reps in this game. So long as the starting ol is travelling. 

46 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’ll all depend on if the starting ol goes. But last year iirc he played in both games. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes some reps in this game. So long as the starting ol is travelling. 

Collaros did not play in either pre-season game last year, it was entirely Brown & Prukop.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Collaros did not play in either pre-season game last year, it was entirely Brown & Prukop.

Mm I might’ve been thinking about the previous season then. Or just confused. 
 Like always it’ll be up to what he thinks he needs. And honesty he will probably doesn’t need any reps. 

i do look forward to seeing brown continue to grow. Sounds like pigrome has had a good camp too. 

Edited by wbbfan