Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Which caused me to ask the question, had anyone heard that?

Because DT is the the first I remember mentioning it. 

He first mentioned Jeffcoat not practicing on Wednesday.  It was just termed a day off at the time though so maybe nothing to worry about?  Hard not to though, given his injury history.

12 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You gotta think Kongbos NFL window is pretty well closed...is kongbo worth cutting/trading Jeffcoat? 

Lions cut two to make the room. Including an aging DE.

Jeffcoat isn’t likely to play a full season at any point, our d needs that de rotation. 

the question is would he be worth cutting Castillo. 

this is the cost of greatness. You lose guys to the nfl and to free agency. It hurts that other than rose the guys who’ve gone down haven’t come back, but the lifeblood of a dynasty isn’t getting those guys back. The lifeblood is next man up.  
 We’ve gotta fill those gaps internally, same as yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jeffcoat isn’t likely to play a full season at any point, our d needs that de rotation. 

the question is would he be worth cutting Castillo. 

this is the cost of greatness. You lose guys to the nfl and to free agency. It hurts that other than rose the guys who’ve gone down haven’t come back, but the lifeblood of a dynasty isn’t getting those guys back. The lifeblood is next man up.  
 We’ve gotta fill those gaps internally, same as yesterday. 

Yhats what I mean though. I might actually take kongbo over Jeffcoat at this point as a 1 for 1 trade off.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yhats what I mean though. I might actually take kongbo over Jeffcoat at this point as a 1 for 1 trade off.

I get that, but all the same I wouldn’t. Jeffcoat when healthy is modp quality. Ands he’s especially clutch in the play offs. 
 Pass rushers have a longer career than other positions too. His best football could still be ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

We likely have no SMS room, and we just drafted Bennett.

SMS isn’t in effect till the first week. But in effect they probably weren’t willing to cut guys that make up this kind of money. 

bombers cut Tavaris Harrison and signed wr amare jones. Bit surprised Harrison is gone with out at least another pre season game after sticking all last year. Jones is a former dual threat qb all purpose offensive gimmick/kr guy. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/amare-jones/32004a4f-4e03-0344-d021-e5b3f4af43a1

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Amare-Jones-RB-Tulane