Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Why??...H e was the main backup National receiver last yr and on the roster, and will be again this year...nothing changes

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he not only rosters, but makes Drew W. see the bench a fair bit. I love me some Woli but I could legit see BOLO pushing him out, maybe even towards the end of this year.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he not only rosters, but makes Drew W. see the bench a fair bit. I love me some Woli but I could legit see BOLO pushing him out, maybe even towards the end of this year.

Under rating wolitarsky big time there. Dude is rock solid and could have bigger numbers with a different role.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

BOLO is probably closer to stealing Wolitarsky’s spot than he is to being on the PR

Let’s be honest BOLO will get some reps this season. I love Demski but because of his use he’s a tad injury prone. Between him and Woli I would bet money that BOLO gets a decent amount of reps this season, he’s a big dependable target. Really don’t mind his game at all for what we need from our third Canadian receiver. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Let’s be honest BOLO will get some reps this season. I love Demski but because of his use he’s a tad injury prone. Between him and Woli I would bet money that BOLO gets a decent amount of reps this season, he’s a big dependable target. Really don’t mind his game at all for what we need from our third Canadian receiver. 

Yea,but Bolo gets injured alot too, we gotta keep all three imo, Bolo,woli,Demski.. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Under rating wolitarsky big time there. Dude is rock solid and could have bigger numbers with a different role.

I'm not under rating anyone. Why is it that when someone says that player X seems poised to challenge player Y they think it's a knock on Player Y? I think Woli is a heck of a receiver, I also think BOLO will be better in time.

12 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

With Lawler added to the roster, did we remove anyone or are there just more guys fighting for the same spots? I thought Bailey was going to be the odd man out but then they did the right thing and re-signed him. So many weapons...

Lawler in for Ellingson.

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'm not under rating anyone. Why is it that when someone says that player X seems poised to challenge player Y they think it's a knock on Player Y? I think Woli is a heck of a receiver, I also think BOLO will be better in time.

Because your premise is wrong. BOLO is not poised to take wolitarksys spot. I like the guy but being taller doesn't make him better suited to that role.

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Woli is more of a blocker than any thing. His spot is as secure as any one. Bolo isn’t taking that spot. 

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"Aaron Hargreaves is our future at NI receiver" (I honestly don't remember anyone saying that, so I'll just blame Nate) 

"Jabari Arthur is the "factor"

lol

I once won a bet that Jade Etienne would never amass more career receiving yards than the legendary Aaron Hargreaves. It was a bold bet on my part considering Hargreaves was hot garbage but Etienne proved to be hotter garbage in the long run.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

They signed Wane McGarrity!

oh those were the days eh?...good greif....BOLO is going to see more reps this yr tho.....him and Woli have similar games, with each having a bit of a different skillset....BOLO has shown well in blocking like Woli....and can be more a field stretcher and mismatch....nice to see them mix him in with a run play too....and fared well doing so....I bet we see Lawler/Bailey/Demski/Woli/Schoen/Agudosi...all rostered and getting significant reps on offense this year..how they set it up starter/ratio wise is gonna be interesting

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The saving grace is we got Derrick Armstrong and Terrence Edwards in 06 and 07, that was a pretty decent receiving core with an ageless Milt 

that one gets overlooked a lot when talking about best ever Bombers receiving corps'.... the 2000-2003 corps was obviously incredible, but that 07 team was something special. 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

oh those were the days eh?...good greif....BOLO is going to see more reps this yr tho.....him and Woli have similar games, with each having a bit of a different skillset....BOLO has shown well in blocking like Woli....and can be more a field stretcher and mismatch....nice to see them mix him in with a run play too....and fared well doing so....I bet we see Lawler/Bailey/Demski/Woli/Schoen/Agudosi...all rostered and getting significant reps on offense this year..how they set it up starter/ratio wise is gonna be interesting

And entertaining, too.