Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Amare Jones seems like a more developed version of Greg Mccrae

100%. Similar as well to that wr we had in the last two camps who was a concerted qb. 

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lapo's dream

I can think of another guy as well, one that loved the wildcat formation lol. 

for me if you could have a kr di type who could throw a decent ball to a wide open target, hold, and do the short yardage that’d be pretty perfect for a situational gadget guy. They just have to be 100% on taking the snap and holding. 

I was there today, although brief. Brought my 12 year old brother and his friend. They were bored.

Anyone I noticed Coyne again. He's quick and gets open. Scored a deep td up the seam on a so so ball from Pigrome. Good read to find him though.

THEN Coyne drops an easy out route. Makes me wonder what the coaches think of him. Fast and good routes but inconsistent catching the ball.

didn't observe too much today, sorry . Will maybe try and go back tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I was there today, although brief. Brought my 12 year old brother and his friend. They were bored.

Anyone I noticed Coyne again. He's quick and gets open. Scored a deep td up the seam on a so so ball from Pigrome. Good read to find him though.

THEN Coyne drops an easy out route. Makes me wonder what the coaches think of him. Fast and good routes but inconsistent catching the ball.

didn't observe too much today, sorry . Will maybe try and go back tomorrow 

I think pre season will be the make or break for guys like him and pigrome. 

but he and any other wr is gonna need to be extraordinary in order to crack our pr. As it is I think they will try hard to get the projected starters plus grant plus agudosi all on the roster. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

bombers cut Tavaris Harrison and signed wr amare jones. Bit surprised Harrison is gone with out at least another pre season game after sticking all last year. Jones is a former dual threat qb all purpose offensive gimmick/kr guy. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/amare-jones/32004a4f-4e03-0344-d021-e5b3f4af43a1

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Amare-Jones-RB-Tulane

Not ringing endorsements.

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

bombers cut Tavaris Harrison and signed wr amare jones. Bit surprised Harrison is gone with out at least another pre season game after sticking all last year. Jones is a former dual threat qb all purpose offensive gimmick/kr guy. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/amare-jones/32004a4f-4e03-0344-d021-e5b3f4af43a1

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Amare-Jones-RB-Tulane

Harrison is banged up according to Tait and hadn't practiced in a couple days.  Might not be the last we see of him.

49 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Harrison is banged up according to Tait and hadn't practiced in a couple days.  Might not be the last we see of him.

Ahh that makes sense thanks for pointing that out. 

50 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Where is LaPo anyway? He didn't sign on with TSN. 

Think he’s taking time before his next step. 

when your team is this good, and there are very few battles, and camp is mostly just a place to see what kind of back-ups you have in stock........ it doesn't necessarily make for the most exciting TC ever. But it's a good ******* problem to have. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

when your team is this good, and there are very few battles, and camp is mostly just a place to see what kind of back-ups you have in stock........ it doesn't necessarily make for the most exciting TC ever. But it's a good ******* problem to have. 

.....looking for that diamond in the ruff that we came up with last year in Dalton Schoen....would be nice.....See what happens in the preseason tilts and fans should get a good look, now that they're being streamed and televised

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Is it just me or has this been the most boring training camp of all time??

Only because everyone is looking the other way at Bighill, Wilson, Jeffcoat, Oliveira, and Grant not practicing. That's a lot of holes to fill.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Who's looking the other way?

If you're saying TC is "boring" with "not a lot of battles" (which I hear a lot) without mentioning that 5 starters haven't practiced and the people who are getting the snaps, I'd say it counts as looking the other way. 

20 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If you're saying TC is "boring" with "not a lot of battles" (which I hear a lot) without mentioning that 5 starters haven't practiced and the people who are getting the snaps, I'd say it counts as looking the other way. 

you're assuming those players aren't participating in TC because they're hurt....TC being the key word. These aren't "practices". It's close. But it's training camp. The two are different.

Edited by Bigblue204

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

you're assuming those players aren't participating in TC because they're hurt....TC being the key word. These aren't "practices". It's close. But it's training camp. The two are different.

Other than Grant, yes. I assume they all are. Pretty confident in the statement, too.