2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

16 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Those are good CFL numbers 

Number of viewers wise sure, but not even remotely similar in market saturation numbers and those are what matters. Advertisers don't pay unless a certain % of the watching market is hit because it doesn't translate into sales increases worth their advertising dollar. ESPN won't carry them if aren't hitting a million views average. 

CFL hits around a million per game views in Canada a population about a tenth the size of the USA. That should tell you what their TV market is....abysmal. No advertiser is paying ESPN advertising rates for 900k views. If no one is buying time, networks tend to end TV deals very abruptly the first chance they get. Without a TV network, and with Argonaut level attendance league wide....DOOMED.

Edited by GCn20

28 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I honestly think that MBT was very upset that Kelly got all the post game accolades in the Grey Cup. MBT is sulking by taking his ball and going home.

I think he honestly wants to be at home. His wife is a big deal at Marvel in their movies division, so they don't need money. He just wants to be with his family at this point. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think he honestly wants to be at home. His wife is a big deal at Marvel in their movies division, so they don't need money. He just wants to be with his family at this point. 

Yep, I can't find the tweet at the moment but one of the CFL reporters had mentioned the last year was tough on his family so it's something they've been dealing with for a while.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They will wind up with Evans no doubt. Dinwiddie just gotta spin it for the media. Really who was out there in FA they wanted anyway? Doubt they had room for 500k y

Y not? They always have the CFL slush fund for backup if needed.😊

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yup absolutely. Credit to him. At the end of the day that's what its all about.

It's just what I've seen of him having conversations with others he just comes across a very uncomfortable intense weird guy to be around versus a good kind of weird to be around. But that's just my take. 

Plus I hate the Argo's and hope they go from champs to chumps in a very short period of time while of course building their fanbase to help this league survive and thrive. :-) 

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup absolutely. Credit to him. At the end of the day that's what its all about.

It's just what I've seen of him having conversations with others he just comes across a very uncomfortable intense weird guy to be around versus a good kind of weird to be around. But that's just my take. 

that is EVERY sensible person's take.......the dude is full on loony tunes. 

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gee almost like I know what I’m talking about @bluto

Never would've said that you didn't... But I didn't see a Neg lister on there.

So Evans goes to the Leos...

Chad Kelly is our de facto starter.

I don't know how to feel about this.

First gut reaction is that this is no way to go about a title defence.

Good move for the lions. Better to have two mediocre no2 qbs than 1. Good on Dane taking less cash too. I think it’s generally a good thing for him. Good chance to recover some confidence. Don’t think vaj is the guy to sit behind though. 
 Ham is really all in on blm. I wouldn’t be surprised if they missed the play offs this year. They’ve lost a whole lot of talent and not done a good job replacing it. They remind me of the post 01/02 bombers. 

also not too surprised the argos are going with Kelly. But I would think they’d be after a decent vet back up to push him in camp and help him develop. 

20 minutes ago, bluto said:

Fake Crying GIFs | Tenor

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

oh wow...

On 2023-02-05 at 10:17 AM, Geebrr said:

So Evans isn’t going  to Ottawa. I still think BC is an option. Hopefully they just stay with VAJ

On 2023-01-16 at 10:53 PM, Geebrr said:

Dave Evans is a better fit in BC and Vaj is a better fit in the Gap

🤔

24 minutes ago, bluto said:

Did you feel significantly better about mbt being qb1 this time last year? I don’t think tor had a happy qb ending to this off season. 
 If/when streveler is a fa again I expect them to be a top player. And if rourke shakes loss for any bc qb. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly can't believe the Argos are rolling with who they have. Doesn't make sense.

It’s qb musical chairs and no chair is left for tor. All they can do is wait for a qb to shake loose from the nfl, a team has to move a guy due to qb controversy, or for mbt to not make the nfl and come Up mid season. 

I could also see a draft day trade with bc for neglist qbs. Like half their nl is qbs and at this point they have two no2s and wait on rourke. 

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Number of viewers wise sure, but not even remotely similar in market saturation numbers and those are what matters. Advertisers don't pay unless a certain % of the watching market is hit because it doesn't translate into sales increases worth their advertising dollar. ESPN won't carry them if aren't hitting a million views average. 

CFL hits around a million per game views in Canada a population about a tenth the size of the USA. That should tell you what their TV market is....abysmal. No advertiser is paying ESPN advertising rates for 900k views. If no one is buying time, networks tend to end TV deals very abruptly the first chance they get. Without a TV network, and with Argonaut level attendance league wide....DOOMED.

Any idea what the CFL numbers on ESPN2 were last year?