2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

17 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

This is amusing.

Business profile picture

Champ Juice is flowing in Riderville! 🧃

Not surprising that the box is yellow. 

Champ Juice? Umm I'm pretty sure that's Slang for semen anyways tho 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, wbbfan said:

Not wrong. To be fair I think he’d probably be a really good guard. Just teams seldom roll with imp guards. 

Riders might be one of those teams that have to resort to 3 americans on the offensive line.

Winnipeg has so much respect right now.  Riders probably just signed him thinking that if Winnipeg kept him around he must be decent. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

That’s Richmond. Lofton looked like hot garbage in pass pro at T. Not concerned about losing him at all. Fits the riders MO perfectly.  

yeah...Lofton is a career floater....not a stud by any stretch....but better than anything they had....but wont turn their line around...was depth here cause Richmond went down...turning 30 next month....and still hasnt established anything up here

9 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...Lofton is a career floater....not a stud by any stretch....but better than anything they had....but wont turn their line around...was depth here cause Richmond went down...turning 30 next month....and still hasnt established anything up here

Yep. Lofton was a purely short term depth move when we lost Richmond, and our younger OTs were determined to be too green. He was signed literally because he had some game experience. He never was a replacement for Stan, or Yoshi, just a kind of emergency back up until our good young OTs were a bit more ready.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Yep. Lofton was a purely short term depth move when we lost Richmond, and our younger OTs were determined to be too green. He was signed literally because he had some game experience. He never was a replacement for Stan, or Yoshi, just a kind of emergency back up until our good young OTs were a bit more ready.

yup...in a nutshell...just remember...he could't crack a horrible Ottawa oline before us....and he hasnt progressed since then...so good luck with that Riders...enjoy the scraps

45 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Looks like Sayles could be history with us....I wonder who we have in mind as a replacement....We need a nasty nose tackle and I hope we have one on the radar....

One of the very few positions that are pretty easy to recruit imo. Need almost no time to get up to speed, and have long NFL careers as a general rule so the NFL isn't hoarding them on their PRs.

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I wonder how Stam Peters is feeling about this. If the Stamps were too cheap to re-sign a stud like Thurman what makes you think they will pony up for Sankey? 

The Stamps got away with being cheap for a lot of years through the great recruitment/talent assessment of Murphy/Hufnagel but that ship has sailed. Players aren't playing their on the cheap anymore, and it appears their recruitment isn't what it used to be. Time for Dickenson to wake up and smell the roses before they wither and die on him.

Pass

30 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

One of the very few positions that are pretty easy to recruit imo. Need almost no time to get up to speed, and have long NFL careers as a general rule so the NFL isn't hoarding them on their PRs.

I wonder how Stam Peters is feeling about this. If the Stamps were too cheap to re-sign a stud like Thurman what makes you think they will pony up for Sankey? 

The Stamps got away with being cheap for a lot of years through the great recruitment/talent assessment of Murphy/Hufnagel but that ship has sailed. Players aren't playing their on the cheap anymore, and it appears their recruitment isn't what it used to be. Time for Dickenson to wake up and smell the roses before they wither and die on him.

Desperation and familiarity 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Looks like Sayles could be history with us....I wonder who we have in mind as a replacement....We need a nasty nose tackle and I hope we have one on the radar....

I think it's safe to say we have to trust in our scouting staff to find guys playing on rookie contracts for the last couple of positions. 

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/08/b-c-lions-extend-contract-of-qb-vernon-adams-jr-through-2024/

Maybe they can sign Duke Williams and get the helmet throwers on one team.

BTW- literally nobody has even mentioned Spitty’s name.

Back to the Gap

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I will say when it comes to DTs… they must be harder to find.

In the last decade: Laurent, Sewell, Micah, Stove…

More recently has been Mike Rose and Oakman. I’m guessing it must be a fairly difficult position to find studs at, compared to other positions on the defensive side of the ball.

Sewell, Mauldin, Ceresna, and I’m sure plenty more. 

Doesn’t seem impossible. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/02/08/b-c-lions-extend-contract-of-qb-vernon-adams-jr-through-2024/

Maybe they can sign Duke Williams and get the helmet throwers on one team.

BTW- literally nobody has even mentioned Spitty’s name.

Back to the Gap

Sewell, Mauldin, Ceresna, and I’m sure plenty more. 

Doesn’t seem impossible. 

I mentioned Sewell, Mauldin is a DE, which is more frequently recruited with studs.

Forgot about Ceresna.

30 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I will say when it comes to DTs… they must be harder to find.

In the last decade: Laurent, Sewell, Micah, Stove…

More recently has been Mike Rose and Oakman. I’m guessing it must be a fairly difficult position to find studs at, compared to other positions on the defensive side of the ball.

I disagree. DT is hard to find guys who stay healthy and have long productive careers but to find good ones isn't terrible difficult. All the guys you have listed are dominant because they were able to last longer than a couple years before their bodies gave out on them.

Edited by GCn20

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I disagree. DT is hard to find guys who stay healthy and have long productive careers but to find good ones isn't terrible difficult. All the guys you have listed are dominant because they were able to last longer than a couple years before their bodies gave out on them.

Fair. Micah’s even torn his ACL twice.

Johnson had 16 games last year, so was pretty durable...As a stop gap I would take him...He would serve a specific purpose and do it well...and with the Jeff's getting a lot of attention...he could be very effective....I would also kick Laurents tires for a 1 yr stop gap....plugging up that middle of the line...played 17 games...bet he has another solid yr in him while we groom a new import...would work well with ratio too....preferably tho would like us to recruit a stud...be cheap...and better upside, but as it sits right now not overly concerned with that spot...

Edited by Booch

7 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Fair. Micah’s even torn his ACL twice.

Yea,,,,we've seen a ton of guys show lots of promise only to blow out knees etc. over the past several years. That's why the search is always on. Those guys are put through the meat grinder.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Johnson had 16 games last year, so was pretty durable...As a stop gap I would take him...He would serve a specific purpose and do it well...and with the Jeff's getting a lot of attention...he could be very effective....I would also kick Laurents tires for a 1 yr stop gap....plugging up that middle of the line...played 17 games...bet he has another solid yr in him while we groom a new import...would work well with ratio too....preferably tho would like us to recruit a stud...be cheap...and better upside, but as it sits right now not overly concerned with that spot...

Me neither. I can't think of many teams that has a DT for more than a couple years because of the meat grinder, particularly at NT, that the position is. I am sure we will find someone fairly easily through recruitment. How long he lasts is a different matter.

Edited by GCn20

Just wanted to point out how perilous the situation is in CowTown right now. Most of their top players are hitting FA, and are rumored to be doing so with the intention of leaving. Take Orimolade, Lemon, Thurman, Jorden, etc out of that lineup and that is a crap load of talent walking out the door. 

Also, just noticed Mack Henry is a pending FA. I'd take him if the price was right and pending a physical and work out.

Edited by GCn20