2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

18 minutes ago, bluto said:

It's the going rate for a frontline CFL starter. Harris at 500 isn't a bargain, but it isn't outrageous.

Harris just wanted to go somewhere where his cheques would cash.

I just don't get it. Weineke is an american receiver who has never had 1000 yards in a season and had less than 600 yards receiving last season. This is nuts. At these prices Lawler should be targeting half a million a season.   The only thing i can really think of is that Harris could have commanded more but he left some money on the table with a guarentee they would also land Weineke and Lewis. 

Edited by Colin Unger

18 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Harris just wanted to go somewhere where his cheques would cash.

I just don't get it. Weineke is an american receiver who has never had 1000 yards in a season and had less than 600 yards receiving last season. This is nuts. At these prices Lawler should be targeting half a million a season.   The only thing i can really think of is that Harris could have commanded more but he left some money on the table with a guarentee they would also land Weineke and Lewis. 

Yup, thanks Sask. Now Lawler can say "If Weineke is worth 220K......."

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

My Windows Paint interpretation on the Sad Sack Sask sticker

T3Py3Ex.jpeg

For @Bubba Zanetti

It's... beautiful.

And the shitty cropping just adds to the sadness! Sir this undoubtedly will become the face of the Riders online.

Everyone: save this file. Apply liberally.

Oday is a fool...and probably feeling like he has to over pay now for his own pending guys...and do so also in the FA tamper window....cause that the only way to attract...or retain anyone.....he's gonna rape Peter to pay Paul and the roster make-up and total lack of depth is gonna be worse than last year...which I figured couldn't happen...and still....hasn't addressed the biggest issue there...piss poor o-line....he tossing around all these sheckles, and making crazy offers to try and save his hide...and cant see where they need to pay the money....it's almost comical

I hope Harris holds them under the barrel...he knows they need him....and knows this likely his last payday...so make em pay....

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup, thanks Sask. Now Lawler can say "If Weineke is worth 220K......."

Weineke making more than top guys like Burnham...Beggleton....among other big playmakers, and as it sits right now...save for Lawler and Lewis is highest paid receiver in league??...this just writes itself on the stupidity and desperation...gotta love it