Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’d love to have Bailey, I just don’t know where you play him if you’re putting Demski, Schoen and Lawler in the slot (which they should be)

Maybe someone comes up lame....(hope to hell not).....Bailey steps right in....Just as an aside....what became of that little McRea fella....seems to have dropped off of the map

26 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Maybe someone comes up lame....(hope to hell not).....Bailey steps right in....Just as an aside....what became of that little McRea fella....seems to have dropped off of the map

Courtesy @WinnipegGordo:

Greg McCrae (A) – re-signed Nov 22

Edited by Wideleft

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’d love to have Bailey, I just don’t know where you play him if you’re putting Demski, Schoen and Lawler in the slot (which they should be)

yeah...agreed....and you wont be rotating guys, and the potential with big dude Agudosi outside with that trio....makes ones mouth water...he's been kept here 3 yrs now for a reason...and we saw it in that brief game and a quarter

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But can he stay healthy?

Well that injury in game 2 would have taken anybody out... surprised it wasn't worse to be honest ..and the other in practice was a full out laying out to make a catch and jamming his shoulder...I don't think he's injury prone ..was just unfortunate

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Are you sure? Pretty sure he's not listed on the roster. I believe he was released and signed on with the xfl 

I know there could be some confusion as the Bombers didn't announce his re-signing along with all the others at the end of the season. But I trust the CFL transactions page over the Bombers' website.

As well, our man Ed Tait has him listed on the roster;

Running backs/Fullbacks

Under contract: RB Brady Oliveira*, RB/SB Greg McCrae, RB Johnny Augustine*, FB Mike Miller*, FB Konner Burtenshaw*

Pending Blue Bomber free agents: none

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/02/10/first-10-free-agency-preview/

7 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Bailey is severely underappreciated around the league and that hurts his bargaining power.  For example, he's not even mentioned in this morning's article on cfl.ca

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/02/15/still-out-there-top-free-agents-still-available/

It makes no sense to me at all. The guy is a baller thru & thru. Tough & physical. He's willing to do whatever he needs to do on every play to win. I really want the gjy back. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Well that injury in game 2 would have taken anybody out... surprised it wasn't worse to be honest ..and the other in practice was a full out laying out to make a catch and jamming his shoulder...I don't think he's injury prone ..was just unfortunate

Oh I'm not suggesting that they were sissy injuries or anything,  but some guys just get hurt. I hope he isn't one but given his history it needs to be proven.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh I'm not suggesting that they were sissy injuries or anything,  but some guys just get hurt. I hope he isn't one but given his history it needs to be proven.

I agree. We have a guy in Bailey still relatively young at 29 who always plays. Agudosi is now also 29 years old & hasn't established himself yet as a starter. To me, it's a no brainer . I'd keep Bailey. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree. We have a guy in Bailey still relatively young at 29 who always plays. Agudosi is now also 29 years old & hasn't established himself yet as a starter. To me, it's a no brainer . I'd keep Bailey. 

Agudosi is coming dirt cheap, I believe Bailey was already in the range of $140k and wanting more.  As Walters said yesterday, with the money they paid Lawler it was going to be hard to sign Bailey. 

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Agudosi is coming dirt cheap, I believe Bailey was already in the range of $140k and wanting more.  As Walters said yesterday, with the money they paid Lawler it was going to be hard to sign Bailey. 

Maybe Bailey adjusts his asking price to fit in....like others have done for this club...Seems no other clubs have come up with what he's asking , at least up till now....I think if Walters comes close he 'might' remain in bluengold...Interesting scenario playing out here

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I read somewhere that Bailey made up to $120,000 so I don't think we're far off. I'd rather "overpay" Bailey under the Bombers salary grid than give starter money to Agudosi & he's injured for multiple games like Ellingson was.

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I read somewhere that Bailey made up to $120,000 so I don't think we're far off. I'd rather "overpay" Bailey under the Bombers salary grid than give starter money to Agudosi & he's injured for multiple games like Ellingson was.

I remember reading somewhere ....or was it on the tsn panel, that Bailey is a workout nut.....Keeps himself in fantastic shape and as fas as I can recall hasn't been sidelined with any dings whatsoever.....Agudosi on the other hand....Even though I like the guy , we really haven't seen enough of him cuz of injury

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It makes no sense to me at all. The guy is a baller thru & thru. Tough & physical. He's willing to do whatever he needs to do on every play to win. I really want the gjy back. 

His blocking is the most important part of his game. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a better blocking WR in the CFL. 

Injuries are just a freak thing and can happen to anyone in football..Agudosi spent a yr biding his time on PR..wasn't hurt....got hurt in T.C last yr...and then shot the lights out when he got on roster, and was felled by a freak...lucky to not be career ending injury....not like he is this "injury prone" guy people seem to think

Demski has never played a full yr for us, and that doesn't seem to be an issue...so really I see that as no bearing whatsoever....you play your best guys available, until they get hurt...or someone better steps up and takes a job away....

A body type, and a pure catcher like Agudosi....if u have a way to get hi on the field you do...until he shows he doesnt belong....He has shown enough in 2 yrs worth of practice, and 2 games to warrant that opportunity in the eyes of the coaches.

when he first arrived here I talked with Buddy Morris who I have connections with about him (Cardinal S/C coach) said the dude is a beast...a workout machine and is a 110%er....Just like Bailey....said we found a right gem....Didnt stick down there mainly due to numbers and dead money paid to others which couldnt warrent their releases....