Coddled Dome Dwellers @ Back 2 Back Champs: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

7 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Maier doesn't scare me in the least bit.  Their running game on the other hand....

Still think we beat them, though.

The Stamps OL are pretty good. They played with the Riders Front 7. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So risky,  I guess the Lions are going all in this year. 

We'll see how he does. Remember he plays 15 minutes in a climate controlled dome. If they beat the Stamps they'll have to come back to the winter elements here Nov 13th. Running on a frozen field can't be good for a cold foot that isn't healed yet. And there's no way Rourke's foot is fully healed. 

1 hour ago, kschach said:

My main worry about Calgary is needing to beat them for a fourth time this season. That seems a tough ask, and all three games have felt too close for comfort.

Nah we kicked their butts all three games and the scores flattered them. Without several endzone picks and a punt return fumble we win each game comfortably.

1 hour ago, kschach said:

My main worry about Calgary is needing to beat them for a fourth time this season. That seems a tough ask, and all three games have felt too close for comfort.

These are tired cliches.

We beat them back to back and they had a bye week in between- that seemed like a tough ask.  This was during the terrible part of our schedule as well. 

We beat them a month later for the 3rd time in a month- that seemed like a tough ask. 

Now it is “for a fourth time” is a tough ask.

This team doesn’t care about what happened last game, the game before, the month before. I don’t think they even care about what happened the play before. It means nothing. 

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

So risky,  I guess the Lions are going all in this year. 

they kind of have to... if they get Rourke back next year (i.e. he doesn't have NFL looks) his salary is literally going to quintuple (5x, I had to look the word up to confirm)... and that throws off their salary structure of all the money they've spent on receiver and O-line... Rourke will have a lot of different pass catching options next year.

2 hours ago, kschach said:

I hope Holm is okay. Head injury with limited practice doesn't sound good. 

hope he ok too....but not on playoff roster starting

1 hour ago, BagBlieBulls said:

Nah we kicked their butts all three games and the scores flattered them. Without several endzone picks and a punt return fumble we win each game comfortably.

yup...those 3 games in rear view now and hold no bearing..playoffs is a new season and the stakes are upped...we good 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

These are tired cliches.

We beat them back to back and they had a bye week in between- that seemed like a tough ask.  This was during the terrible part of our schedule as well. 

We beat them a month later for the 3rd time in a month- that seemed like a tough ask. 

Now it is “for a fourth time” is a tough ask.

This team doesn’t care about what happened last game, the game before, the month before. I don’t think they even care about what happened the play before. It means nothing. 

yup...thats more a myth and media spin than anything, if u good, and the better team...u should win every game, and thats our mind set..I'm sure the guys dont even remember the details or the scores of the previous..only details they will recall is where they needed to improve, and what else they can exploit

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

they kind of have to... if they get Rourke back next year (i.e. he doesn't have NFL looks) his salary is literally going to quintuple (5x, I had to look the word up to confirm)... and that throws off their salary structure of all the money they've spent on receiver and O-line... Rourke will have a lot of different pass catching options next year.

I gotta wonder why @TBURGESS would disagree with this...?

22 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If you believe in Karma (I don't), then you have to be worried about meeting Calgary in the playoffs. Calgary coulda woulda shoulda won at least one, maybe two, of the those games. They have the best running game in the league and the best backup QB.

Karma? How does us beating them all 3 games have anything to do with karma? Calgary should not have won any of those games, they were not the better team in any of them? In fact, if you believe in karma the argument would be that we should cream them by 20+ points because the closeness of our 3 meetings is not reflective of how we outplayed them every single game.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

He is under a rookie contract next year. It would be monumentally stupid of the Lions to not up him in the offseason but they don't actually have to do so.

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps OL are pretty good. They played with the Riders Front 7. 

We'll see how he does. Remember he plays 15 minutes in a climate controlled dome. If they beat the Stamps they'll have to come back to the winter elements here Nov 13th. Running on a frozen field can't be good for a cold foot that isn't healed yet. And there's no way Rourke's foot is fully healed. 

BC is going to lose to Calgary. Calgary is the more well rounded team.

3 hours ago, kschach said:

Meh...we beat them all 3 and that will be in their head as well. 

Just now, GCn20 said:

Karma? How does us beating them all 3 games have anything to do with karma? Calgary should not have won any of those games, they were not the better team in any of them? In fact, if you believe in karma the argument would be that we should cream them by 20+ points because the closeness of our 3 meetings is not reflective of how we outplayed them every single game.

I mean...they were literally a fluke last play of the game away from winning. Jordan should have caught that ball and I'd guess 8 out of 10 times he does. The narrative that we kicked their ass isn't true if they were that close to winning. No one wins because they put up big yardage. They win because they scored enough points to win. CGY was very close to us in that category.

Just now, GCn20 said:

from what I remeber we moved the ball at will almost...and were playing those games pretty banged up...with a lot of back ups...we are going into playoffs as healthy as we been...entire starting O-line...receiving corp...Oliviera in the zone....will have our full dline back, and a rotation piece in Adams now who has experience....Darby is back, Biggie healthy (from what I hear)...Parker has progressed big time from mid season, Lawrence likely solidifies the Taylor spot, and we could have Houston back....Cgy is the exact same team we beat 3 times...I like our chances at home...yup

for all the worry about karma and yada yada........ the thing you have to keep in mind is the Bombers truly are another class above everyone else in this league. Yes, come playoffs, Any Given Sunday and all that........ but we SHOULD beat every other team in the league every time because we really are that much better than everyone else, from coaching to talent on the field. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

How so?

He's on his first CFL contract after being drafted. The Lions have asked the league to let them pay Rourke more than the CFL max for Cdn's on their first contract.

From the collective agreement: Third year: Option year base salary to be negotiated - not to exceed 10% more than the 2nd year base salary

Edited by TBURGESS