Grey Cup tickets + accommodations

BBlink

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Spirit of Edmonton breakfast is $135 per person. They aren’t running a party room. Not sure what you are getting to for $10, could you elaborate? And the party pass is for access to all 6 team party rooms per day, so not a terrible rate overall. 

The spirit run their own social every evening that is operated separately from the official events. Always a great time.

Also can anyone let us know what the lines are like tonight. In theory access to all the party rooms sounds like a great deal but not so much if you have to wait in line all night.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

Spirit Of Edmonton is maybe the longest-running and easily the most famous party of Grey Cup Week. I love the TD MB Social, but being Noon to 5 every year, it's always a bit more subdued. The Spirit Of Edmonton is generally a complete **** show in the best way possible. I'm not sure how one is unaware of it, but anyhow...it's likely the best party of the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Spirit Of Edmonton is maybe the longest-running and easily the most famous party of Grey Cup Week. I love the TD MB Social, but being Noon to 5 every year, it's always a bit more subdued. The Spirit Of Edmonton is generally a complete **** show in the best way possible. I'm not sure how one is unaware of it, but anyhow...it's likely the best party of the weekend. 

I had a ton of fun at Atlantic Schooner too. Do they still do it??

9 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Yup.  Popped into the Bomber store last night and that was the sentiment for a lot of people there. 

Gotta say about the Bomber gear out now...and maybe CFL overall not sure since I only look at Bomber stuff....is extremely low quality.  Used to get polos with stitched logos now its just vinyl press on crap and the price is 1.5x or double.  A polo is $90.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Gotta say about the Bomber gear out now...and maybe CFL overall not sure since I only look at Bomber stuff....is extremely low quality.  Used to get polos with stitched logos now its just vinyl press on crap and the price is 1.5x or double.  A polo is $90.

Noticed the same.  Seems like it's gone downhill since Adidas stopped making the gear.  

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lol I'm just kidding. I know Bomberfan85 personally and he's a solid dude.

Lowering it to $300 per ticket. Section 132, row 19, seats 8 and 9. Over $100 under face value per ticket! I really want Bomber fans filling these seats. Please DM me if interested! 

Edited by Bomberfan85

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It’s absolute trash. Most teams do better than Bombers for merch. Ours is such low quality junk.

My wife and I ordered two matching Grey Cup Champs hoodies last year in two different sizes and they came in two different colours - hers was royal blue, mine was some kind of pale ugly blue that looked nothing like hers and the best answer I got from the Bomber Store was that the supplier uses two different colours so they got a mix and matched batch and if I didn’t want mine, I could get my money back (which I did)

Love the Bombers but they are light years behind on merch.

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I would not miss the chance to witness live and in person the Bombers hoisting the Cup in Mosaic and drinking out of it in the Rider locker room. Saw the inaugural win at Mosaic, the inaugural playoff win, the inaugural West Final win, and the inaugural NHL game win, all in person. Need to complete the set!

I have zero issue with attending the LDC games in Regina. I've had a great time at any of them I've attended. However, the Grey Cup is beyond the scope, infrastructure, and ability of that city. It just is what it is, and they should not be hosting it for this reason. If this Grey Cup is in any other city I'm there. I would have even gone to Regina this year, even after my disastrous 2013 Grey Cup trip there, but there is absolutely no chance I am paying 600 bucks a night for a hotel room and 350 bucks a ticket and then have to lineup at restaurants for food, find liquor stores out of stock of anything remotely drinkable, get gouged for 10 bucks a beer no matter where I go, and have to call a cab 2 hours in advance and hope it shows up and no one steals it. None of that is fun.

10 hours ago, Mike said:

It’s absolute trash. Most teams do better than Bombers for merch. Ours is such low quality junk.

My wife and I ordered two matching Grey Cup Champs hoodies last year in two different sizes and they came in two different colours - hers was royal blue, mine was some kind of pale ugly blue that looked nothing like hers and the best answer I got from the Bomber Store was that the supplier uses two different colours so they got a mix and matched batch and if I didn’t want mine, I could get my money back (which I did)

Love the Bombers but they are light years behind on merch.

Hard to fault the Bomber Store on that. The world changed a lot during the pandemic and supply chain issues had an impact in all faucets of life including specialty merchandise. Sourcing quality stuff with a reasonable price point was and still is a real headache for bulk purchasers. The Bomber Store handled it as best they could it sounds like. I run a charitable organization which we were looking to purchase a simple ball cap last summer. The best deal we could find was 50 caps with our embroidered logo stitched in for $22 each, which meant we had to resell for $30 just so we could make a few dollars. Still have over half to sell. We then found some caps we purchased bulk for $3.50 each, not always uniform in color, but we could glue our patch on for another $1.30 so our cost was under $5 , but selling for $15 we made more money with less cash output. Quality of the caps was similar. Those caps sold out.

11 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Hard to fault the Bomber Store on that. The world changed a lot during the pandemic and supply chain issues had an impact in all faucets of life including specialty merchandise. Sourcing quality stuff with a reasonable price point was and still is a real headache for bulk purchasers. The Bomber Store handled it as best they could it sounds like. I run a charitable organization which we were looking to purchase a simple ball cap last summer. The best deal we could find was 50 caps with our embroidered logo stitched in for $22 each, which meant we had to resell for $30 just so we could make a few dollars. Still have over half to sell. We then found some caps we purchased bulk for $3.50 each, not always uniform in color, but we could glue our patch on for another $1.30 so our cost was under $5 , but selling for $15 we made more money with less cash output. Quality of the caps was similar. Those caps sold out.

Blame the CFL for their  merchandise agreement- not the Bombers.

The Jets stuff is no better

Edited by Geebrr

On 2022-11-17 at 11:44 AM, captaincanuck12 said:

I paid 250 for my ticket and that was "cost".   It's getting more expensive every year.  When I went to Edmonton in 2002, my ticket was 75.  

I think I paid $40 to sit in those shitty aluminum stands in 2000 in Calgary.   Man was that cold.

On 2022-11-04 at 2:30 PM, Noeller said:

I've maintained for years that we need to buy back Alaska from the Muricans, and put the dumbest among us out there. All those anti-vaxxer, free-dumb types that want to live without government oversight, etc....ie Gappers and rural Albertans...... they can all go live there without affecting anyone else. 

Buy it back?  What are you, a Russian?

The More You Know GIFs | GIFDB.com

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I was contemplating buying some merch for the Teemu night thing last night at the Jets game but I wasn't going to fork out $45 or whatever they were asking for a crappy t-shirt.  No way.  Hey look at that a week in to my stay in Winnipeg and the old cheap habits are returning lol!

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

The Bombers have their own side deals. The national deal is with New Era but the Bombers carry many different brands. I actually think the New Era stuff is good but it's the other branded stuff, that the Bombers bring in, that is poor quality. 

There is definitely not enough New Era branded stuff in the store. 

(And, the website is super slow and annoying)

3 hours ago, coach17 said:

Buy a Cricut for $200, $100 worth of vinyl and hats off Amazon or at Walmart.

My issue with the quality of the current Bomber gear is that I can literally make it at home with my computer and Cricut.  I'm paying for stitching not a press on logo I could do myself.

Just now, JCon said:

The Bombers have their own side deals. The national deal is with New Era but the Bombers carry many different brands. I actually think the New Era stuff is good but it's the other branded stuff, that the Bombers bring in, that is poor quality. 

I agree. I can't remember his name but they used to have a great guy running the store but there was a messy ending to that. Since then the quality has gone downhill. I have golf shirts from 15 years ago that are in better condition than the ones from the last 2.

Don't give me the 'supply chain" issue excuse, I source products for a living and  the issue this year is the pipeline over supplied the market and everyone's warehouses are full and selling at discounts. The CDN dollar is a totally different story...

Just now, GCJenks said:

I agree. I can't remember his name but they used to have a great guy running the store but there was a messy ending to that. Since then the quality has gone downhill. I have golf shirts from 15 years ago that are in better condition than the ones from the last 2.

Don't give me the 'supply chain" issue excuse, I source products for a living and  the issue this year is the pipeline over supplied the market and everyone's warehouses are full and selling at discounts. The CDN dollar is a totally different story...

Jeffrey Bannon is probably the guy you're thinking of.  That guy also one of the world's greatest examples of the Peter principle.  Ran the store well then they put him in charge of brand marketing and he wasn't good lets say.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Jeffrey Bannon is probably the guy you're thinking of.  That guy also one of the world's greatest examples of the Peter principle.  Ran the store well then they put him in charge of brand marketing and he wasn't good lets say.

Got hired by the Oilers now and runs all their merch at Rogers Place. 

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yes, that's him. Always had good quality stuff in the store. 

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Isn't he the one responsible for those abortions of a camo jersey?

40 minutes ago, JCon said:

Fair enough- I agree that the new era stuff is good. Particularly the sideline stuff.