Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

1 minute ago, Saidin said:

I couldn't find anything about Najee Harris having surgery on it.  Just that he injured it.

Just now, Jesse said:

He did not have surgery. I just knew that he also had a lisfranc sprain. I take that it was much less severe. 

yup...big difference...also yrs ago there was a Bomber I am almost certain who had this...don't think ever returned to playing..anywhere

If you have surgery for this to fix it....you are out long term...

2 minutes ago, itchy said:

I can't wrap my head around why they're even considering throwing Rourke out there. Possible theories;

• they don't' give a **** abut player safety (see Lucky's hand last year)
  • They know he's as good as gone so they don't care about the long term

Again, you let the player and the medical team go through the re-hab process.

I do not believe at all that we will see Rourke. But I wouldn't force him to go home if the doctor's say he's ready to throw a ball to see how he will physically react.

20 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Again, you let the player and the medical team go through the re-hab process.

I do not believe at all that we will see Rourke. But I wouldn't force him to go home if the doctor's say he's ready to throw a ball to see how he will physically react.

I think the Tua situation in the NFL should make all athletics re-evaluate this. Campbell's talking like he's gonna see some some game action. No way he should be coming back to game action this early from any medical opinion I've read or heard.

2 minutes ago, itchy said:

I think the Tua situation in the NFL should make all athletics re-evaluate this. Campbell's talking like he's gonna see some some game action. No way he should be coming back to game action this early from any medical opinion I've read or heard.

Fair, but we're talking about a foot not a concussion or back injury.

So, I guess I would have more faith in the process and just letting Rourke push himself as much as he feels he can.

Again, I do not expect to see him play.

1 hour ago, itchy said:

I can't wrap my head around why they're even considering throwing Rourke out there. Possible theories;

• they don't' give a **** abut player safety (see Lucky's hand last year)
  • They know he's as good as gone so they don't care about the long term

It could be the new owner really wants a home playoff game.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

yup...major dice role on a lot of levels

and this injury and surgery has never...ever had an unprecedented "miracle" recovery period...and never will...the nature of what was done...the pieces needing to be put in place and the function of what it is intended to do wont allow for it...It may feel "fine" and hopping and running around under no duress...or strain of another human pulling u down in addition to your own weight and torque you will be putting on it is another whole ball of wax....and if he gets a re-occurrencethen he could quite likely ruin his career, or any chance of ever being 100 percent back to health....those are facts and not laughable statements by "pretenders" on a forum

I was a Kinesiology student before i did my engineering, have had 11 surgeries myself, and seen too many rehab situations (from myself and teammates) to count...and coming back in this time frame has never occured....go dig and find one...i wish you luck

I would hope BC signs a waiver they not liable for any further damage if Rourke is driving this train...or Rourke signs one that they are if it's reversed...cause its just plain dumb...and borders on malpractice by their staff....and surgeon...plus how is the team able to insure him if this happens....wont happen...trust me as my demise came essentially when I became un-insurable for injury

Yeah, I had reconstructive surgery on both my feet in 2012 & 2015 due to severe arthritis. I had hardware in both feet. My left foot still has hardware but they were taken out from my right foot after 9 months. My feet may have been fixed surgically but they were never the same. I have no more pain but I have to use a cane to walk because my feet don't work properly as bones have been fused. I have balance issues. I'm 67 & my athletic days are long gone but if I had these surgeries at age 27, I'd have been devastated. 

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I was a kinesiology student 20 years ago and I had reconstructed surgery due to arthritis so I'm an expert on Rourke's injury. LOL. Give me a break. You folks actually think either of those things make you an expert? What egos!

Of course the guy here claiming we have big egos has the biggest ego of all. Looks like his big ego shrank his brain. 

37 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I was a kinesiology student 20 years ago and I had reconstructed surgery due to arthritis so I'm an expert on Rourke's injury. LOL. Give me a break. You folks actually think either of those things make you an expert? What egos!

Don’t need to be. See down south they are actually very open with injuries and recovery time and are extremely advanced in tracking those stats.

In the nfl 90% players recovered with an average return taking 11.1 monthes. 7.3% never returned.The fastest recovery was 6.3 monthes. None of the players in this 10 year span returned and ever matched their previous production. 

Rourke has been out less than 2 monthes. Think it’s fair to say that recovering 3x faster than the fastest nfl recovery in a decade is being rushed back. Also remember each nfl team spends more in athletic trainers than any team pays their qb not to mention all the world class facilities and cutting edge tools at their disposal.

to put this into perspective a level 4 acl sprain has a recovery of 9-11 monthes but knee injuries have a huge variance in terms of recovery time and quality. Lisfranc sprains are much more similar in recovery. 

If you are interested in it, 30 seconds on google can bring you to a bunch of top tier quality official reports, pages, and resources from doctors the nfl and legitimate football media. 

I don't know where to put this so I'm just going to put it in this thread. After a year or two of having only 2 or 3 major threads, I've decided I hate it.

I realize I'm probably in the minority but imo it really takes away discussion because the topics are moving so quickly. Anyone share this sentiment?

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

And your just an assbag...what's your point...I also still work..train and coach elite football players prepping for combines and the draft...as well as off season training programs...so yeah I know wtf I am talking about...u...u just a keyboard warrior who prob never played sports let alone know what goes into it...so shut up if u have nothing positive to say...or non combative and desparaging toward others...friggin ****** 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Of course the guy here claiming we have big egos has the biggest ego of all. Looks like his big ego shrank his brain. 

I'm not the one claiming they know more than the doctors in the Rourke case. I'm not the one who had foot problems in their 60's that thinks that's the same as what Rourke's going thru.

11 hours ago, Booch said:

And your just an assbag...what's your point...I also still work..train and coach elite football players prepping for combines and the draft...as well as off season training programs...so yeah I know wtf I am talking about...u...u just a keyboard warrior who prob never played sports let alone know what goes into it...so shut up if u have nothing positive to say...or non combative and desparaging toward others...friggin ****** 

I played sports, but I'm sure you played at a higher level than I did. That means you were a better football player than me, not that everything you say shouldn't be questioned. You can't play any more so you coach and train to stay 'elite athlete adjacent'. As they say those that can do... those that can't teach... those that can't teach, teach gym aka coach.

You think training players & playing football at a high level makes you know as much if not more than the doctors who are treating Rourke? NO IT DOESN'T! 

Take a look at the @wbbfan post. That's how you keyboard warrior. It's not about calling folks assbags or telling them to shut up or whatever ****** is.