3 stars plus hh ugly wins better than a pretty loss

wbbfan

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Schoen........this kid has the goods.....nfl probably looking very hard his wa

somebody here said he reminded them of zylstra.... who went to the nfl and stayed.

schoen looks like a  vet. 

collaros is going to be mop player, again. if anything deserves it more than last season.... protection is bad, he overcomes it. no harris... doesnt stop him.

Edited by Mark F

Schoen is 100% a NFL guy.  Size, speed, smarts.  Hard to believe he got up here to start with.  I guess kind of cursed by playing in a run first O in college.

He’d be a great guy to have as a 3rd or 4th receiver for a NFL team because he’ll be able to play any spot X, Y, Z.

Bet he’d be a good gunner too if he wasn’t one of the top 3 receivers.

33 minutes ago, Mark F said:

somebody here said he reminded them of zylstra.... who went to the nfl and stayed.

collaros is going to be mop player, again. if anything deserves it more than last season.... protection is bad, he overcomes it. no harris... doesnt stop him.

Yeah Zylstra a little more physical and runs his routes that way, kind of a tweener between receiver and tight end in the American game.

Honestly wish we’d look more at guys who are tight ends in the states or that athlete type up here instead of having Wolitarsky try to fill that role half the time.  We bring in a lot of the 5’10 to 6’ stocky fullback types to chase kicks but we could actually use a tight end.

Willy was a menace all night..so glad we have him...even without his running mate he made a huge difference in the game.

Schoen is flat out good...And like others say...just wait till he has 10 games under his belt..hope we can keep him for 2 yrs at least...cause he gonna get NFL looks for sure.

Leggs is rounding into fine form too...and it rewards us handsomely letting him have ups and downs and sticking with him...not burning a DI spot for him is huge...and needed

I'd still like us to find a legit runner stopping line busting dtackle to throw into the rotation..but right now the interior rotation is coming along..

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Watching Schoen’s 81 yard catch and run ), he sees Duron trying to run the angle and accelerates with a huge burst… gets the pursuer to over commit and then the cut inside.

These 120-150 yard receiving games are NFL attention getters for sure.  Also already praying he stays a Blue Bomber for another year  after this one.

2 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Watching Schoen’s 81 yard catch and run ), he sees Duron trying to run the angle and accelerates with a huge burst… gets the pursuer to over commit and then the cut inside.

These 120-150 yard receiving games are NFL attention getters for sure.  Also already praying he stays a Blue Bomber for another year  after this one.

Shoen reminds me a bigger Wes Welker.........

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Schoen is 100% a NFL guy.  Size, speed, smarts.  Hard to believe he got up here to start with.  I guess kind of cursed by playing in a run first O in college.

He’d be a great guy to have as a 3rd or 4th receiver for a NFL team because he’ll be able to play any spot X, Y, Z.

Bet he’d be a good gunner too if he wasn’t one of the top 3 receivers.

Yeah Zylstra a little more physical and runs his routes that way, kind of a tweener between receiver and tight end in the American game.

Honestly wish we’d look more at guys who are tight ends in the states or that athlete type up here instead of having Wolitarsky try to fill that role half the time.  We bring in a lot of the 5’10 to 6’ stocky fullback types to chase kicks but we could actually use a tight end.

I think Schoen could be a top 10 CFL receiver in the vicinity of Ellingson if he chooses to stay in the CFL and build a career.  If he jumps to the NFL and bounces around between PR's for the next 3-4 years he might fatten up his wallet a bit, but will not have much of a career or accumulated stats. to speak of, unless he someday returns to the CFL.  If Zylstra is the model of successful transition, it's worth noting that in 4 seasons with 2 different NFL teams he's caught 30 passes for 414 yds. and played a bunch of special teams.  I can also understand if players are only playing football for the money.

23 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think Schoen could be a top 10 CFL receiver in the vicinity of Ellingson if he chooses to stay in the CFL and build a career.  If he jumps to the NFL and bounces around between PR's for the next 3-4 years he might fatten up his wallet a bit, but will not have much of a career or accumulated stats. to speak of, unless he someday returns to the CFL.  If Zylstra is the model of successful transition, it's worth noting that in 4 seasons with 2 different NFL teams he's caught 30 passes for 414 yds. and played a bunch of special teams.  I can also understand if players are only playing football for the money.

Career earnings of $2.4M to date, with another $1.2M on the books for next year.   Hard to pass that up just to get more playing time.

2 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Shoen reminds me a bigger Wes Welker.........

Cooper kupp for me. It’s pretty crazy that he ended up here. If he stayed next year he could put up insane numbers. But I’m sure he will be nfl bound. 

56 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

he’s top 10 now. Pretty easily 

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Yeah when he took off he looked blazing fast. I dont think people realize how fast he his.

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

With two picks. 

I think Agudosi was the target on both picks. Game 2 did not live up to Game 1, to say the least. Hopefully bounces back in Game 3. Although I just remembered he got injured and read his tweet. Poor guy, it doesn't sound good.

Edited by kschach
Add info about injury

2 hours ago, kschach said:

I think Agudosi was the target on both picks. Game 2 did not live up to Game 1, to say the least. Hopefully bounces back in Game 3. Although I just remembered he got injured and read his tweet. Poor guy, it doesn't sound good.

At least he finished his first game.  Greg Carr had almost 200 yards and then was injured in that game.  In and out of the lineup constantly.

That body type just doesn't hold up well.  Probably should put Agudosi at boundary WR and keep him outside the hashmarks if we want him to last (next year).

2 hours ago, kschach said:

But one of those picks collaros had his arm hit as he was throwing and the guy who made the int was nowhere near a receiver.  

Really every receiver nit names Schoen had a quiet night.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But one of those picks collaros had his arm hit as he was throwing and the guy who made the int was nowhere near a receiver.  

That's okay. He truly stepped it up & picked up the slack. Props to Schoen. When's the last time we've seen that?? 

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

At least he finished his first game.  Greg Carr had almost 200 yards and then was injured in that game.  In and out of the lineup constantly.

That body type just doesn't hold up well.  Probably should put Agudosi at boundary WR and keep him outside the hashmarks if we want him to last (next year).

I'm all for Agudosi at boundary and bringing Bailey back to the slot where he belongs (next year). 

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah you're right. I was figuring on the first pick where his route was soft rather than coming back to the ball. Second one was on the tip.