Week 6 - Game Day Thread - Stumps @ CHAMPS!!

JCon

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

And also beat the piss out of “powerhouse” BC at home, second game of back to back road games, short week, flying across the country. 

Plus Ottawa just happens to have a HC that worked with and saw our team every day for years, added a ton of veteran players, and had months to prepare knowing exactly what we were going to run.  By the second half of the second game Ottawa was never really in it. Just hanging around. 

plus we get everyone's extra effort now.....and to be honest...Ottawa started out good, then for whatever reason regressed game to game.....

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

History tells me it will be a nailbitter but I am hoping we kick some Stamps butt. I'd like to see a couple of those passes BLM lobs with no zip taken back to the house. A Dickenson meltdown would be nice too (guy is a tool).

Seems to run in the family.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Fun note from Our Man Tait:

• Strange but true – and courtesy the CFL’s stats department – as it relates to Janarion Grant’s opening-kickoff return TD last week: there have been just 12 opening play TDs in the CFL, with Blue Bombers having scored half of them – Mack Herron in 1972, James Jefferson in 1988, Markus Howell in 2000, Ryan Lankford in 2017, Lucky Whitehead in 2019 and now Grant.

So today the total goes to 13 and we will have scored 7 of them?

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Promising candidates, but not yet authenticated.

Tougher to do when the team has been playing so well over the last 2.5 seasons.  Nobody has really been getting the gears for as long as they used to but Mourtada & Legghio definitely lead the pack last year.  Our running backs might be at the top of the board this year so far.

If you guys don't think Legghio is a scapegoat this year, you should (actually, for your own good, please don't...ever...) see the FB comments any time he misses any kick. As with most FB things, it's complete insanity. The worst of society resides there.

Just now, Noeller said:

If you guys don't think Legghio is a scapegoat this year, you should (actually, for your own good, please don't...ever...) see the FB comments any time he misses any kick. As with most FB things, it's complete insanity. The worst of society resides there.

You go other places to read about the Bombers?  

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

Just now, Noeller said:

FB is a cesspool. 

56 minutes ago, Booch said:

he also took that missed convert back for a 2 point score as well in ZC first game for us in 2019...dude has been damn good for us

Couldn't ask for more from a return man really. He's makes the smart play, catches the ball when ever possible, runs north south as much as possible, and he runs hard. Get that man some more offensive touches. 

Teams are soo focused on grant now the fade away fake return or reverse could be deadly right now. 

**** shows up in my newsfeed as I'm scrolling.....and it pains me. My wife is part of various Bombers "fan" groups on FB and they're lunatics, the entire bunch of 'em. I'm not a part of that world. I don't even go to TEP anymore. It's this or nothing, because there's only about a half dozen people in the world (not in the Bombers org) that I actually care to listen to and they're all here....

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

**** shows up in my newsfeed as I'm scrolling.....and it pains me. My wife is part of various Bombers "fan" groups on FB and they're lunatics, the entire bunch of 'em. I'm not a part of that world. I don't even go to TEP anymore. It's this or nothing, because there's only about a half dozen people in the world (not in the Bombers org) that I actually care to listen to and they're all here....

Plus the posters on here are all devilishly attractive and intelligent.

Just now, Noeller said:

Lol right? I keep getting these horrid articles by these outlier wanna be 3dn pages that don't seem to have even a basic understanding of how Canadian football works. Maybe its a good sign that media for the cfl is growing, people are rejecting TSN and the tripe on cfl.ca. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Hes due for a big game. Hasn't seen a lot of balls but hasn't struggled like early last year either. 

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My New Years resolution was to delete my social media, no more Facebook, or Twitter. I have zero regrets, both are incredibly toxic!

I for sure avoid all sports related groups on facebook. Those are toxic. Very curated social media. I have friends who are originally from Saskatchewan but they are not football fans at all. We used to joke about the Bomber and Riders (all good natured and not serious) until one of their brothers went off on me. Good lesson.