Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Arblows Early Chat

Nolby

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

I like his arm...his abilty to use his legs...they both top shelf....jury out tho on whats between the ears, and durability....lets see how he sees things and if he doesnt make errors when the real rubber hits the road

Durability staying in the game and durability by continuing to play well when he's taking hits. 

Absolutely correct.

Hes been pretty flawless so far when everything has gone well. A lot of good QBs will tear you apart under those conditions.

And a lot of good QBs will become a puddle of wet **** if they are hit a couple times.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I think what Rourke is doing is awesome for him, for that team and for the CFL in general but I absolutely LOVE that you posted this because if it was a Bomber doing it, you’d undoubtedly be the only guy here going “whoa whoa whoa wait a minute guys 36% of his completions have come against below average defensive backs and I checked the weather reports for both games and it looks like the D had to play with the sun in their eyes and the other teams haven’t proven that they’re any good against teams that I personally have deemed to be considered proper competition so you’re all idiots for getting on the bandwagon so early, let’s just wait until he’s done it for 64 games in a row without fail and maybe then I’ll buy in”

Et tu Mikey? I thought you were better than that. No, I didn't say any of that. No, it's not funny. No, you're not making a point.

Neither BC nor us has played a top tier team. The two teams we've played have zero wins between them. The two teams BC's played have 1 win between them. We squeaked by Ottawa twice, a big part is the redblacks mistakes rather than our great play. We beat Hamilton convincingly by a pair of TD's. BC's hugely outplayed their competition. They even scored 24 points in the second half of the Toronto game when they were missing Burn-em and Butler.

Others: As for the Flutie comparison, note the "if statement". 17's right, Rourke will have to do it consistently for at least a season before the "if statement" is true. If that happens, he'll be in the NFL as soon as his current contract is over. Will Rourke become the next Flutie? Only time will tell, but he's off to a great start.

I love watching the best teams battle and that's what I'm expecting/hoping for next week.

10 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Durability staying in the game and durability by continuing to play well when he's taking hits. 

Absolutely correct.

Hes been pretty flawless so far when everything has gone well. A lot of good QBs will tear you apart under those conditions.

And a lot of good QBs will become a puddle of wet **** if they are hit a couple times.

Rourke may look next to invincible so far but his O-line isn't quite there yet, Richie Hall will come up with a way to get into his kitchen and rattle his cage.

So, I was thinking of a way to bring this thread back to discussing Monday night's game and I went to the Argo twitter account for some material. 

They haven't sent a tweet since late Saturday night, early Sunday morning with the final score. 

Nothing. How can their social media be so unengaged?? 

Hey, Tanenbaum, the problems are coming from inside your own house!!

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, I was thinking of a way to bring this thread back to discussing Monday night's game and I went to the Argo twitter account for some material. 

They haven't sent a tweet since late Saturday night, early Sunday morning with the final score. 

Nothing. How can their social media be so unengaged?? 

Hey, Tanenbaum, the problems are coming from inside your own house!!

No kidding, they also don't bother posting their inury lists on their website, which makes it difficult to figure out who is healthy and who is not.  They can't even meet minimal requirements, I guess money is tight at MLSE.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

The two teams we've played have zero wins between them.

LOL - yeah Ottawa has only played two games and we beat them twice.  So of course they have "zero wins".  Ottawa could go unbeaten the rest of the year for all we know.  The best team in the league just beat them twice in a row.  That doesn't mean that Ottawa is a garbage team, they just were playing against a far superior team.  This logic you are using is not based in reality.

I think you can beat this kid Rourke by flushing him out of his comfort zone quickly....He has a quick and accurate release but sustained pressure by a defense like ours is going to be a difference maker......He's been eating defenses up by reading a defense quickly and throwing to a spot with laser precision ....I think we can get into their backfield quick enough to throw his game off ...Just have to execute...

Just now, Stickem said:

I think you can beat this kid Rourke by flushing him out of his comfort zone quickly....He has a quick and accurate release but sustained pressure by a defense like ours is going to be a difference maker......He's been eating defenses up by reading a defense quickly and throwing to a spot with laser precision ....I think we can get into their backfield quick enough to throw his game off ...Just have to execute...

kind of reminds me of Dane Evans circa 2019...he was lighting it up and killing defenses (including ours in the regular season) and then the D stepped it up and made him cry in the Grey Cup.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

It's his rookie season. He's not going to throw for 400 yards a game, and 4 TDs,  every week. He'll struggle at times. No rookie wouldn't. It is exciting to see him get off to a red hot start and show he has all the makings of a good CFL QB but let's be honest his chances of keeping it up over the course of a season are slim.  Defences will learn about him, and what gets him off his game, and he will have to learn his way through it. It's the same for any rookie QB. 

I seem to recall him playing a few games last year, including the first game of the year against the Riders where he was actually doing pretty well in the first half and then they pulled him and put Mr. Pop Fly Reilly in the game who proceeded to just chuck ducks because his arm was still shot.  It made no sense.

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Ottawa, despite their record, is probably the best team in the East. They certainly have the best QB there.

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Rourke may look next to invincible so far but his O-line isn't quite there yet, Richie Hall will come up with a way to get into his kitchen and rattle his cage.

Not sure we will. We struggled getting pressure on Masoli. We might need the secondary to bait Rourke into some mistakes.

4 hours ago, Stickem said:

Rourke's release is as good as anybody out there in the league, super quick. You can not out rush that.

But maybe

1. you can jam the throwing lanes and

2. position the LBer's a little better for the 2-3 second throws that seem like his bread and butter...

On 2022-06-27 at 4:53 PM, Noeller said:

this always happens with games in Toronto.....****** up scheduling. Likely something to do with avoiding the Jays or Toronto FC or something ridiculous like that. 

The Argos owners were worried if they played on the weekend a crowd might show up and ruin their vision of the league and it's ultimate demise.

5 minutes ago, the watcher said:

The Argos owners were worried if they played on the weekend a crowd might show up and ruin their vision of the league and it's ultimate demise.

Talk about a shitty schedule we play 3 games in 12 days starting on the 4th  with no bye until the middle of August. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Rourke's release is as good as anybody out there in the league, super quick. You can not out rush that.

But maybe

1. you can jam the throwing lanes and

2. position the LBer's a little better for the 2-3 second throws that seem like his bread and butter...

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/28/cauz-the-nathan-rourke-critique-that-everyones-afraid-to-give/

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Et tu Mikey? I thought you were better than that. No, I didn't say any of that. No, it's not funny. No, you're not making a point.

Neither BC nor us has played a top tier team. The two teams we've played have zero wins between them. The two teams BC's played have 1 win between them. We squeaked by Ottawa twice, a big part is the redblacks mistakes rather than our great play. We beat Hamilton convincingly by a pair of TD's. BC's hugely outplayed their competition. They even scored 24 points in the second half of the Toronto game when they were missing Burn-em and Butler.

Others: As for the Flutie comparison, note the "if statement". 17's right, Rourke will have to do it consistently for at least a season before the "if statement" is true. If that happens, he'll be in the NFL as soon as his current contract is over. Will Rourke become the next Flutie? Only time will tell, but he's off to a great start.

I love watching the best teams battle and that's what I'm expecting/hoping for next 

When you say the bombers have not played "top tier teams" 

Who knows at this point of the season who are the top tier teams? 

3-0 bro. 

I bet I had more fun,  pre, during and after all those wins than you. 😁😁😁😁 pretty sure that's the name of the game. 

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - yeah Ottawa has only played two games and we beat them twice.  So of course they have "zero wins".  Ottawa could go unbeaten the rest of the year for all we know.  The best team in the league just beat them twice in a row.  That doesn't mean that Ottawa is a garbage team, they just were playing against a far superior team.  This logic you are using is not based in reality.

The reality is that Ottawa is an 0-2 team, they aren't going unbeaten for the rest of the year & I didn't call them a garbage team. FTR: My guess is they're a less than .500 team and that most of their wins will be against eastern teams.

Ottawa will in the end take 1st in the east...they have a pretty good defense....did last year until they got wore out, and if Lapo doesnt Lapo them into no killer instinct on offence....i see 10 wins there