Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Arblows Early Chat

Nolby

On 2022-06-30 at 11:49 AM, TBURGESS said:

Tonight, we'll learn more about both the Lions and the Redblacks. Are the Redblacks the 0-3 team that I think they are or do they beat the Lions to prove they are a good team that just got beat by a better Bomber team? The Redblacks have everything on their side. A bye week to prepare. The Lions are on a short week, without Burn-em, playing on the road for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

admit it people, tburg was right.

and rourke outplayed masoli.

Edited by Mark F

Houston looked good last game. Rose is a dang fine DB. Makes sense to play both over Glass who as others have suggested may have balked at a PR spot. On Houston, this staff really does find and train up DBs (Leggett, Alexander, Sayles, Alford, Nichols, Loffler are all DBs who started here and were all-stars here). I do wonder about depth but I trust this staff. Wonder if they feel like Rene or Ford could step in if needed?

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sounds like maybe it was performance related after all.... I'm surprised they'd outright cut him but as suggested maybe he refused a PR spot... 

Yeah probably a play me or release me type demand. Honestly I didn't think was anything special out there. Not bad, not stand out, just a place holder.

yup....maybe this is the defensive turning point for this yr like BA a few yrs ago...Moving Houston into a spot with Rose....Nichols is best there is...Taylor is solid as there is is and I think we moving to seeing a Ford and Rene 6th db theme and in game injury replacement, especially if they are going the route with Mcrae on roster, or another import receiver for depth....and that to me makes great sense, and more than fne with the 2 canadian cutting their teeth with live reps.....Also if Leggs keeps gaining confidence and getting better and better his dual role as a Canadian opens up and allows us to not waste a DI on a kicker....I am more than sure Mourtada will sit and be happy on the PR all yr in case of emergency

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Houston looked good last game. Rose is a dang fine DB. Makes sense to play both over Glass who as others have suggested may have balked at a PR spot. On Houston, this staff really does find and train up DBs (Leggett, Alexander, Sayles, Alford, Nichols, Loffler are all DBs who started here and were all-stars here). I do wonder about depth but I trust this staff. Wonder if they feel like Rene or Ford could step in if needed?

Man I’d like to have sayles back. 

On 2022-06-30 at 8:30 PM, Tracker said:

Harris was a great receiver, whereas Augustine is unknown

Augustine has caught enough passes out of the back field for the Bombers. They know exactly who he is.

FTR I'm saying he's completely fine as a pass catcher.

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

Why are we playing on independence day which isn't a holiday here? 

Because Toronto...

But also it probably isn't the worst idea to have a game on July 4th....im sure it'll add some American eyes

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, JCon said:

They space out games at BMO to preserve the grass. TFC gets priority because it their facility. 

Never thought of that. Good point. Monday instead of the second game of the usual Saturday games. 

Edited by Rod Black

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

Not our biggest need, but I get what you're saying.

He was awesome.

Yeah. 

idk what our biggest need would be right now actually. Maybe a nose but not likely going to fall into our lap especially one that’s game ready. 
 Maybe a big imp back who can do it all. 
Feel like we just need to get healthy and keep growing with what we have 

orher than specific one off guys like desjarlais and kongbo. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah. 

idk what our biggest need would be right now actually. Maybe a nose but not likely going to fall into our lap especially one that’s game ready. 

Getting Dejarlais back would be massive

3 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Random question - and I guess this is what happens when you don't post nearly as much as you use to in years past, but can we not post GIFs anymore as part of our comments? The old school game day GIF threads were always fun.

If you have the time, looks like it still works.  giphy.gif

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah. 

Solidifying the OL is the biggest need, imo. Does that mean letting Gray grow into the role? Going 3 imp? Hoping for Drew? I don’t know. But it’s the single biggest issue.

Related is our run game. I don’t think we’ve done the best job scheming, blocking, or running, so it’s difficult to pinpoint how to improve the run game as a whole. Losing Demski is a huge hit because I think the simplest cure was to get him more involved in more ways and that’s been taken from us.

Pass rush is next need, for sure. But yeah, not much to do about that. Can’t see us adding anyone impactful. Just need the Jeff’s to bring it.