Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Arblows Early Chat

Nolby

12 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Rourke's release is as good as anybody out there in the league, super quick. You can not out rush that.

But maybe

1. you can jam the throwing lanes and

2. position the LBer's a little better for the 2-3 second throws that seem like his bread and butter...

It’s not in the same tier as Masoli. His release is good not great. His quick footwork makes his release seem faster than it is. 
 His release also lacks Masolis ability to change arm angles and release points to get it out under extreme pressure. 

The way to play a qb like rourke is to make him hole the football and not let him get comfortable with looks. 

show and drop a lot. Blitz dbs. Drop bighill back deep. Lots of variety from the same pre snap forms. Make him rely on his post snap reads and decision making. 

definitely getting guys into the passing lanes instead of pass rushing. Passing lanes and contain then if he runs really make him pay a physical toll. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Chips are stacked against us.

This team is made to over come adversity. How we come out of stretches like this will separate us from teams like bc and ott. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ottawa will in the end take 1st in the east...they have a pretty good defense....did last year until they got wore out, and if Lapo doesnt Lapo them into no killer instinct on offence....i see 10 wins there

as long as Masoli stays healthy and I think they need to get the run game going. They are better than I thought they’d be. But I still don’t think they have the poise discipline toughness or unity to win it all. Same with bc. 

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ottawa will in the end take 1st in the east...they have a pretty good defense....did last year until they got wore out, and if Lapo doesnt Lapo them into no killer instinct on offence....i see 10 wins there

I think it’s one of those years where 9 or 10 wins will be good enough for first place. East has been a dumpster fire for so long. 

YUP Masoli stays healthy and they can get any run game going...they will be tough and have to be favorite in east....Powell even tho old as time should help them, and also gives Masoli a reliable outlet in pass...and we know how Lapo loves that.

Rourke....yup...he hasn't seen any real pressure or anything beyond a basic defense....and against T.O they didnt even see a defense....that was bizzare.....under pressure and not able to make his first or hot read, and have to change his launch point will be a different story, and am also not sold on the Lions O-line yet either...but I said from pre-season I did see them as a possible torn in the side and a play-off team...they will go as Rourke develops, or regresses and comes back to normalcy....which he will.....I can see the West as Bomber, Stamps, Lions, Riders and Elks....and the East shaking out as Ottawa, Hamilton, Montreal and T.O...too many mercs and individual performers on T.O and guys who just dont seem to give an eff...if they do a serious reset they may be a 2nd place team but I wouldn't hold breath on that

1 hour ago, Booch said:

YUP Masoli stays healthy and they can get any run game going...they will be tough and have to be favorite in east....Powell even tho old as time should help them, and also gives Masoli a reliable outlet in pass...and we know how Lapo loves that.

Rourke....yup...he hasn't seen any real pressure or anything beyond a basic defense....and against T.O they didnt even see a defense....that was bizzare.....under pressure and not able to make his first or hot read, and have to change his launch point will be a different story, and am also not sold on the Lions O-line yet either...but I said from pre-season I did see them as a possible torn in the side and a play-off team...they will go as Rourke develops, or regresses and comes back to normalcy....which he will.....I can see the West as Bomber, Stamps, Lions, Riders and Elks....and the East shaking out as Ottawa, Hamilton, Montreal and T.O...too many mercs and individual performers on T.O and guys who just dont seem to give an eff...if they do a serious reset they may be a 2nd place team but I wouldn't hold breath on that

I tend to think Powell is toast. But idk if devonte Williams is an every down back either. I tend to think not. Hard for any 170lbs back to be an every down back now with how much pass pro rbs do in the cfl. More blocking plays than plays getting the ball. 
 That might give them a really good one two punch though. Williams is extremely good with the ball in his hands. Would be a great gimmick guy. And plop loves those. 

that’s a great point about mercs. Look at bc ott tor and think who will be the guy that dives on the Grenade for his team mates? Who will give up his body on kick cover like hansen? Who will tip a ball to his team mate to get a championship winning pic? 

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

It is. He did. 

I wish you were as excited and positive about the Bombers like you are with that post about Rourke.

FTR: I am stoked about how well Rourke is doing- I hope he has a long and solid career. 

It's just the same old lame joke told for the thousandth time by folks who have nothing new to say.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It's just the same old lame joke told for the thousandth time by folks who have nothing new to say.

You’ve had the same sky is falling schtick for almost 15 years and can’t even change it up while we’re in the midst of one of the most dominant CFL runs in your lifetime but yes, it’s us who has nothing new to say 

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The reality is that Ottawa is an 0-2 team, they aren't going unbeaten for the rest of the year & I didn't call them a garbage team. FTR: My guess is they're a less than .500 team and that most of their wins will be against eastern teams.

and if you're dead wrong, what then?

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The reality is that Ottawa is an 0-2 team, 

So by this logic, if Ottawa had beaten us back to back, we would be saying "No shame in losing to Ottawa, they're undefeated this season"....I mean...come on man.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You’ve had the same sky is falling schtick for almost 15 years and can’t even change it up while we’re in the midst of one of the most dominant CFL runs in your lifetime but yes, it’s us who has nothing new to say 

I've picked the Bombers to win every game this year and almost all games last year. I'm not sure why you call that is 'the sky is falling'.

This year when I said it doesn't matter how we get wins as long as we get wins, some ID 10 T said that's what happens when you leave your computer unlocked. I haven't complained about any signings or trades or players we've lost, but you still paint me with the same brush as a few years back when we weren't dominant and folks were saying we were, even tho the facts weren't on their side.

We're in a great run right now. Dominant for a year + a playoff run. Happy now?

37 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So by this logic, if Ottawa had beaten us back to back, we would be saying "No shame in losing to Ottawa, they're undefeated this season"....I mean...come on man.

You're giving your "what if" scenario's equal if not more credence than actual facts, which is silly, but extrapolating your 'what ifs' and calling that logic is hilarious.

Ottawa's record is 0-2, good enough for 6th in the power rankings.

They didn't beat us back to back, but if they did, I'd certainly think they are a better team than I think they are right now.

If they end up above .500 I'll have been wrong about how good they are this year after two games, but that doesn't change the fact that they are 0-2 at this point in the season.

Either of us could be dead wrong about the Redblacks. So what?

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Starting the season home and away back to back vs the same team is dumb. 

I mean tor mtl ham. Do you see ott being below 2 of those teams? I sure don’t. And I think the ott bc game will show that. 

19 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Either of us could be dead wrong about the Redblacks. So what?

So what?  You were implying that the Bombers may not be that great of a team this year because their opponents they've defeated are winless this year.  That's just dumb, given the Redblacks' losses were both against us.  It was a dumb point.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So what?  You were implying that the Bombers may not be that great of a team this year because their opponents they've defeated are winless this year.  That's just dumb, given the Redblacks' losses were both against us.  It was a dumb point.

We barely beat the 6th ranked team and they should have won at least one of the games. We won because of their mistakes in the first game, not because of our great play. You say that's because the Redblacks are a good team this year, not that we didn't play well or that we're not as dominant as we were last year.

Tonight, we'll learn more about both the Lions and the Redblacks. Are the Redblacks the 0-3 team that I think they are or do they beat the Lions to prove they are a good team that just got beat by a better Bomber team? The Redblacks have everything on their side. A bye week to prepare. The Lions are on a short week, without Burn-em, playing on the road for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.