Back 2 Back CHAMPS at Arblows Early Chat

Nolby

1 hour ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Regardless of who starts (but this could help), it’s time for our d-line to serve up AH33 a piping hot serving of FIFO.  I mean that respectfully, of course…

Yup... apparently he questionable too...but I certain he won't do much against us...the defense I am sure wanna shut him up so he has nothing to say but good game afterwards 

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Solidifying the OL is the biggest need, imo. Does that mean letting Gray grow into the role? Going 3 imp? Hoping for Drew? I don’t know. But it’s the single biggest issue.

Related is our run game. I don’t think we’ve done the best job scheming, blocking, or running, so it’s difficult to pinpoint how to improve the run game as a whole. Losing Demski is a huge hit because I think the simplest cure was to get him more involved in more ways and that’s been taken from us.

Pass rush is next need, for sure. But yeah, not much to do about that. Can’t see us adding anyone impactful. Just need the Jeff’s to bring it.

I vote for punt and kick return. The last time we had a good returner was … 19-something? 

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Solidifying the OL is the biggest need, imo. Does that mean letting Gray grow into the role? Going 3 imp? Hoping for Drew? I don’t know. But it’s the single biggest issue.

Related is our run game. I don’t think we’ve done the best job scheming, blocking, or running, so it’s difficult to pinpoint how to improve the run game as a whole. Losing Demski is a huge hit because I think the simplest cure was to get him more involved in more ways and that’s been taken from us.

Pass rush is next need, for sure. But yeah, not much to do about that. Can’t see us adding anyone impactful. Just need the Jeff’s to bring it.

Yeah. I think at current I would go 3 imp with gray as 6th and continue to grow him to be the future tackle. If drew comes available bring him back at all costs. 

agree and demski is a great point. Our run game works off spreading the defense laterally with demski to open the lanes for our tight zone. We need to adjust to not having Harris and an ol making giant gaps. 

I think the dl just needs time. Short of getting a turn key nose which I don’t expect to happen.  

Well apparently McRae knows and has worked in Demskis position...we can declare 5 on offence and 2 on defense and he can sub in freely for Woli or ORange...or at RB...so will be interesting to see how he used...he has real good hands catching the ball and is fast and shifty...be interesting...he can also return so perhaps Grant too now can see some offensive reps

Yeah there's been nothing wrong with grant...he's taken 4 punts to the house since he been here...avgs 24 yds per kickoff...30 for missed field goal...and many he just missed taking to house...only had 3 kick return chances this yr as we don't give up TDs..over 10 yards per punt and no screw ups...return game is least of our concerns...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Well apparently McRae knows and has worked in Demskis position...we can declare 5 on offence and 2 on defense and he can sub in freely for Woli or ORange...or at RB...so will be interesting to see how he used...he has real good hands catching the ball and is fast and shifty...be interesting...he can also return so perhaps Grant too now can see some offensive reps

That’s about as much utility as you can hope for from any offensive imp player. It’s a big opportunity for him and boo.