Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

I dont' think we will ever see Agudosi again. From the sound of the tweet he made after he was injured when he says he will always remember the fans.  Dosen't sound like something you would say if you plan on returning. Maybe it was his knee-jerk reaction reaction to getting injured after finally getting a chance to start.  If the injury is really serious, maybe he has decided to move on from football

6 hours ago, Nolby said:

Any ideas if we may be getting pieces back after the bye week? Read the BA article, sounds like he's still got a little ways but isn't too far,Couture?

I thought I heard/read somewhere that Couture was at practice....maybe he'll be ready which would be  big boost. I haven't minded Kolankowski, it''s Grey I have trouble with.

41 minutes ago, Bugsybombers said:

I dont' think we will ever see Agudosi again. From the sound of the tweet he made after he was injured when he says he will always remember the fans.  Dosen't sound like something you would say if you plan on returning. Maybe it was his knee-jerk reaction reaction to getting injured after finally getting a chance to start.  If the injury is really serious, maybe he has decided to move on from football

No offence, but I hope you're wrong! I think he was just really upset after everything he's gone through and made a comment on his socials. That kid is good, and we're a better team with him playing. 

19 hours ago, Bugsybombers said:

Not quite what he said.  He thanked the fans for the prayers & well wishes and says he was grateful for the chance to play in front of them.  Saying it's going to be a journey back does not sound like he's given up on the game, just that it's a long road (one he is already familiar with).

On 2022-08-18 at 10:20 AM, Geebrr said:

I’m actually expecting us to be down a guy or two. Sometimes it seems like these BYE weeks come and guys realize that they have been ignoring/playing through more serious stuff. 

So, If we come back the same as we left I’d be happy. 

Sounds like Houston may be the guy. 

Expecting Parker to play 

The way Houston went down it looked like he was shot...Looked like he was in a lot of pain and it seemed to come out of the blue....I thought the Cal. receiver was far too open but after seeing Houston start to double up, I could see why....Injuries mounting up....Renee off on a cart didn't look good....We need BA back and Thompson....hopefully for Labour Day...Looks like Brady could be out.....Augustine tuning up for the next one 

Edited by Stickem

I wonder if Bighill’s struggles (last night especially) stem form him trying to do too much to cover for all these injuries? Like trying to play quasi-safety in pass D because BA is gone and we are 4th string now. Or covering for Clements and not just doing his own job and letting his teammmates do theirs? Thoughts? 

35 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I wonder if Bighill’s struggles (last night especially) stem form him trying to do too much to cover for all these injuries? Like trying to play quasi-safety in pass D because BA is gone and we are 4th string now. Or covering for Clements and not just doing his own job and letting his teammmates do theirs? Thoughts? 

Looked like that to me.

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nah doesn't really work like that.  Eventually they put him over to more of a weak-side LB spot with Gauthier in the box and were able to stop the run in the 4th a bit more consistently.

There were more than a few plays where everyone did their job vs the run but Bighill among others did not finish the play.  The rally to the ball was not there for the most part.  There were lots of plays where guys were getting washed out on inside zone.  Would help a lot vs Calgary's scheme if our backside ends got a lot more active.  Don't really have to worry about the QB pulling the ball down and that's the guy who is basically left unblocked especially when they run the trap block.  I'd like to see Wilcots back on the roster at some point to take more reps on first down and let Jefferson focus on the pass.

You can just see with Clements and Rutledge that they are trying to get their assignments down in pass coverage and that's being exploited to some extent with both the matchups opponents are isolating on those spots and in the run game.

After last night I wondered about giving Rutledge some run at safety.  Darby is on the outs in Hamilton, get him back.  SAM is a bad spot for a rookie.

with keystone players out, the defence has done well. Alexander and Wilson, and  Mercy

Maston.  Two of our guys that had receivers looking.

Calgary scored four points total in the 4th.

defence done  good.

and....dickensen is shitty play caller!

Edited by Mark F