Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

Just now, Wideleft said:

Looks like an O'Shea kinda player!

100%. That toughness, selflessness, football iq, and drive is classic mafia stuff. I'd bet the house that's why he's still here instead of one of the other younger very talented young wrs from camp. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I know that Bruce Arians liked him a lot when he was in Arizona...some times guys just need and dont get that true chance...if he has impressed enough to stick around with his work ethic and attitude here for 2 yrs now...obviously this staff too see's something in him....we shall see

He also put up some top numbers at his pro day too...so he is athletic enough

I hope he torches the league and leaves

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

A good chunk of guys float around a long while on having great tools. But those guys seldom get shots. Especially at the "skill" positions. Mbt did very little in HS or college but kicked around half the NFL based on practice performances and great raw tools. Once coaches turn over, or a year or two goes by and you see a bunch more of those high tools guys the old ones fall away.

The nfl never really went crazy with the giant wrs. So despite their general bigger is better thing wrs don't seem to gain a lot of value for being above 6'3. Too many busts on guys like matt jones. 

Even in the XFL he didn't get much of a chance. He's a career PR guy with impeccable tools but who hasn't really gotten a chance. This is the best chance and probably his last chance if he doesn't show well.

Respect your opinion, I’m just having a hard time seeing a coach ignore a 6”6” WR with all the tools.

I hope he destroys the CFL 

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Just good enough to not quite be good enough?  I'm thinking about Greg Carr.

Dude had one good season here.

Seemed like lightning in a bottle. 

I’ll take it but he was overall just ok 

Edited by Geebrr

like the fact he seems to love ST's and looks damn good at it too

Also I would say that he should be in a goal line/short yardage guy on the edge....perfect seal the edge guy and spin off for the easy lay-up TD....Just teams seeing that once will cause teams to pull guys away from the middle to guard against that...

Edited by Booch

18 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I hope he torches the league and leaves

Respect your opinion, I’m just have a hard time seeing a coach ignore a 6”6” WR with all the tools.

I hope he destroys the CFL 

Dude had one good season here.

Seemed like lightning in a bottle. 

I’ll take it but he was overall just ok 

I get it. Usually for me the reverse is an exciting trigger.  When I see a Wr signed of a milt stature (6'0, 190 range) I expect their skill set to be great. At most positions when I see a big athletic guy I wonder what the catch is. I just don't think the NFL is enamored with tall wrs. 

I wonder if when stanback gets healthy if he's on the block. He could be a guy ready for the play off push or he could be gone till next year, all depends on the nature of that break and how he recovers. But I could see the bombers being interested in acquiring him at the deadline. Send one of the two NI backs to montreal so they can lock in rb as a long term NI spot with Jeshrun. 

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think first play on offence...put him in motion running a wheel route deep down the rail ..get him in the CGy db's heads right outta the gate...that's how I would script that first play

Seeing his impressive physicality on those teams plays I'd waggle him tight to the line and leave the sam wondering if he was going to break off a route, or smash him into the dirt with a block on a run play. 

36 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Gotta say I kind of like how the XFL did kickoffs.... still a chance at some exciting plays but not as likely for injuries

I'm torn on it personally. Doesnt' look like you'd get much of a chance to score or get a big return. Also as a fan in the stands it's over soo quick it'd be kinda dull after the time it takes to line up. But it does seem much safer. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Seeing his impressive physicality on those teams plays I'd waggle him tight to the line and leave the sam wondering if he was going to break off a route, or smash him into the dirt with a block on a run play. 

I'm torn on it personally. Doesnt' look like you'd get much of a chance to score or get a big return. Also as a fan in the stands it's over soo quick it'd be kinda dull after the time it takes to line up. But it does seem much safer. 

It looks like the play begins with a whistle once the returner touches the ball, is that the case?

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Jesus he is a giant... and that stride is smooth. Here's hoping he works out. I do love having a guy that can get downfield and be big.

When kamua Peterson was posting on ourbombers something he said was "when you're 6'4 you're always open. 

Not to mention ZC is great at putting the up there and letting the receiver go get it. 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Jesus he is a giant... and that stride is smooth. Here's hoping he works out. I do love having a guy that can get downfield and be big.

When kamua Peterson was posting on ourbombers something he said was "when you're 6'4 you're always open. 

Few things are more frustrating in football then watching a big, long wr body catch passes. A big guy can pretty much carve a career out of the bare minimum talent and athleticism by getting down field and attacking the ball with their hands. Kenny lawler has done it brilliantly. He has better then minimum athleticism and much better talent, but by no means is he a freak or a great athlete. He's polished, smart, tough, and knows that the key tradecraft of a wr is hands. 

If a guy is 4+" taller than you, even when he's blanket covered he has the same advantage as having a step on you. If hes much longer too, its 2 or 3 steps. 

Just now, blue85gold said:

Not to mention ZC is great at putting the up there and letting the receiver go get it. 

QFT. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Agudosi has long legs and that probably means he looks like he is not moving quickly.

Bryant looked like he jammed or even hyper extended his knee..and it was visibly affecting his movement...happens about mid way 4th qt ..he was in a back peddle in pass defence...I didnt like what I saw but hopefully the braces he wears just made it an owie...as opposed to a structural thing

On 2022-07-14 at 8:29 PM, BigBlue said:

I am curious how Pierce is going to alternate Carlton Agudosi with RB/SB McRae ... Will McRae be used primarily on 1st down? Will he be in only when we are on a running down? Or will he just be a floater with Aqudosi the primary slotback? Ratios make it interesting.

I was thinking we would use McRae when we are using a tight end formation. But honestly I'd keep Agudosi in due to his size he probably is a decent blocker.