Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

31 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah they don’t really run the ball as anything but deception

serious question since I dont know.....is that smart?

I seem to recall many , or most greycup winners having a good running game.... cornish, harris, mike pringle. willard reaves

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I seem to recall many , or most greycup winners having a good running game.... cornish, harris, mike pringle. willard reaves

I mean whatever works right? When you consider historically the Grey Cup is played late November its usually pretty cold so I would think you need some form of running game established.

It's not a necessity, but it does help I think.

42 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Just philosophical but it’s not like their passing attack has been overwhelming on its own.  They lost one Grey Cup because they couldn’t handle a pass rush and another one because they couldn’t hold a lead.  Both problems that a good run game maybe could have solved.

More balance is better IMO.  You don’t see a lot of champions without it, teams can win in regular season with the novelty stuff but when it’s two good teams playing the ones able to execute the basics better win.

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Just philosophical but it’s not like their passing attack has been overwhelming on its own.  They lost one Grey Cup because they couldn’t handle a pass rush and another one because they couldn’t hold a lead.  Both problems that a good run game maybe could have solved.

More balance is better IMO.  You don’t see a lot of champions without it, teams can win in regular season with the novelty stuff but when it’s two good teams playing the ones able to execute the basics better win.

Not to mention the weather gets worse in November and December, there’s typically more wind, ball is harder to hold on to, the great thing about a balanced running game is that it tires the the defense out, especially late in the game, and it makes your offence harder to key onto. If you don’t have to worry about the run, if you play a team with good ends like Winnipeg they know they have free reign to rush the quarterback without having to worry about contain . Those are just some of the reasons why it’s important to establish a good or balanced running game. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

I am curious how Pierce is going to alternate Carlton Agudosi with RB/SB McRae ... Will McRae be used primarily on 1st down? Will he be in only when we are on a running down? Or will he just be a floater with Aqudosi the primary slotback? Ratios make it interesting.

Could blow your mind and sub him in for Bailey or Ellingson too.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm watching this video and he's so tall, so don't even need the circle graphic to show you where to look. He just stands out that much. 

Looks like he's got pretty good hands......jump balls on short defenders.....no contest.....Guy is a stretch alright ...I wonder if he could dunk the goal posts   I bet Jefferson and him see eye to eye on a lot of things

Edited by Stickem

Everyone raving about Agudosi, and I sincerely hope he's everything you guys think he can be, but I'm wondering.... If he's that good.... Why couldn't he make the big club yet? Needed multiple injuries to get a shot... 

Just now, Noeller said:

Everyone raving about Agudosi, and I sincerely hope he's everything you guys think he can be, but I'm wondering.... If he's that good.... Why couldn't he make the big club yet? Needed multiple injuries to get a shot... 

Cause he has had multiple injuries himself, and has bided his time learning the game like Lawler before him, as well as Bailey....amoung others in the league

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...guy I been waiting for to get his shot....great agility for big guy...a pure hand catcher and that makes his mismatches with DB's even more deadly based on that, and he has real good speed...gets a jump on someone and good luck defending him...hope they utilize him the right way

For a 6'6 guy, he's incredibly smooth.  No hint of gangliness at all in these highlights.  A guy with hands like that on a frame like that could be a nightmare in the red zone for CFL backfields.  

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

As usual, I just can’t figure out what keeps a 6’6” receiver out of the NFL if he is well rounded. 

Maybe this is the time he blasts off and then heads down south. But, if he does play well - enjoy this season because he won’t be back. 

I know that Bruce Arians liked him a lot when he was in Arizona...some times guys just need and dont get that true chance...if he has impressed enough to stick around with his work ethic and attitude here for 2 yrs now...obviously this staff too see's something in him....we shall see

He also put up some top numbers at his pro day too...so he is athletic enough

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

As usual, I just can’t figure out what keeps a 6’6” receiver out of the NFL if he is well rounded. 

Maybe this is the time he blasts off and then heads down south. But, if he does play well - enjoy this season because he won’t be back. 

Just good enough to not quite be good enough?  I'm thinking about Greg Carr.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

A good chunk of guys float around a long while on having great tools. But those guys seldom get shots. Especially at the "skill" positions. Mbt did very little in HS or college but kicked around half the NFL based on practice performances and great raw tools. Once coaches turn over, or a year or two goes by and you see a bunch more of those high tools guys the old ones fall away.

The nfl never really went crazy with the giant wrs. So despite their general bigger is better thing wrs don't seem to gain a lot of value for being above 6'3. Too many busts on guys like matt jones. 

Even in the XFL he didn't get much of a chance. He's a career PR guy with impeccable tools but who hasn't really gotten a chance. This is the best chance and probably his last chance if he doesn't show well.