2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Jordan Davis's "Singles You Up" is a perfect example of the worst of Country music over the past decade plus.....but Buy Dirt was solid, Josh Ross's 1.5 singles to date have been solid, if unspectacular, and while FGL have released a lot of douchetastic stuff, the new Tyler H single "5-foot-9" is actually really good, IMO....

Again, this show is not for everyone, but the people who drink Twisted Tea exclusively, will go NUTS for it....

My wife is a country music Twisted Tea junkie...she has never heard of 2/3 of these guys. Her reaction to me telling her was "Who? Well that sound boring"

I HATE country music so I felt compelled to ask someone else before determining how lame this is.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Not a fan of the force feeding of this country style crap on a fan base...totally misses majority of market as well as new eyes...cfl ...or tsn likely needs to get their **** together 

I agree. Not a single one of my children, nephews, nieces or their friends in that key demographic listen to Country. I am sure there are a few out there who do but it is definitely in small minority territory.

How do I know this? 2019 and 2021 I had big Grey Cup parties and most of the 18-30 crowd arrived after half time to eat mostly..lol. Last year at Super Bowl those same people were texting me weeks before to see if I was hosting the Dr. Dre halftime show...didn't even call it Super bowl..lol.

Edited by GCn20

30 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Wow, we really beat the **** out of the lions last week... 

Left tackle out

Lucky out.

Too bad, I was hoping bc would win.

Our guys never will say it publicly… but with tools like M.Sayles crowing and Rhymes being his usual whiny self… BC had it coming. Lions with all the press resulted in a big flex by the Bombers, just like the first time they met this year.

3 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Our guys never will say it publicly… but with tools like M.Sayles crowing and Rhymes being his usual whiny self… BC had it coming. Lions with all the press resulted in a big flex by the Bombers, just like the first time they met this year.

Exactly! And much like first time this year, the more and more they hype up Rourke, Collaros just shows them who’s boss yet again.  

1 hour ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

In order of most pathetic:

Brendan McGuire: if Sask said they will not play a QB next year, he would say it’s pure genius and could work.

JC Abbott: much better writer but now an unabashed Rourke toe-sucker.

Josh Smith: cheers for hamil-smell, whiny like his team

I dont know there's the Calgary guy too...Bannatyne or something...he's as Homer as they get. In 2021 he was talking about how scared, the greatest Defense the league has ever seen was to face a Bo Levi lead Stamps team in the West Final.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Stamps going to come out in first half with deep passes and an air show... game might be over in the first half....

I think this but reversed. BC will come out guns blazing and Cgy will be playing catch up all day.

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont know there's the Calgary guy too...Bannatyne or something...he's as Homer as they get. In 2021 he was talking about how scared, the greatest Defense the league has ever seen was to face a Bo Levi lead Stamps team in the West Final.

I think this but reversed. BC will come out guns blazing and Cgy will be playing catch up all day.

Rourke gonna be under siege and crumple like the green horn he is...plus limited mobility and his LT out...he gonna be feeling it and he may not even last the first half

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

BC is depending on the thinnest of hopes. Rourke's foot will have to be absolutely numbed and some of that juice has to affect his thinking and reactions as the meds peak. The Lions would have to be ahead by at least 20 points when he is pulled for the Tabbies to hang onto a win.

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Can someone explain tandem blocking to me? It is supposed to be assisting a ball carrier by pushing them or pulling them along, no? Because the Mtl o-lineman did just that on the Stanback run and no flag. So when does it get called?

It gets non called every game.

It is an exceptionally stupid rule that should be removed, 

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Can someone explain tandem blocking to me? It is supposed to be assisting a ball carrier by pushing them or pulling them along, no? Because the Mtl o-lineman did just that on the Stanback run and no flag. So when does it get called?

It gets called when Mike Sellers is destroying the Riders and the refs need to invent ways to make the beating stop.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We do it all of the time also,  every team does it.